Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You're trying to apply real life nonsense to comics. Freezing just stops movement.
    I agree freezing stops movement ,I just responded to your guess that drowning could kill Logan, and I have doubt about it. Anyway it is Logan so I shouldn't be surprised

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You can decapitate Logan, it has been seen on occasions, the space between each vertebra is NOT adamantium, it is ligament and soft. The problem is that War's sword was very thick and did not fit in the space between two vertebrae, so it got stuck.

We have seen many times that Logan can be dismembered, that is indeed a "weak point". But you have to go for the joints and act with precision or alternatively, use brute force and rip it off.
    Yep precision is definitely needed, but it needs to be someone like Isca to hit that well, I'm certain blunt force to the neck on humans is much easier to show coz bones are not as sturdy as adamantium.To me it is next to impossible to hit that well to sever it one bit in a single hit.I agree with you ,Hulk pulling Logan limb from limb or tearing his head off is more plausible than a sword strike hitting a 1 in a thousand perfect strike

She could only hope to sever his head if she hits just between C1 and C2[from behind]. The rest of the vertebrae are physically interlocked, there would be no path for a blade that can't cut through adamantium.

Last edited by yogaflame; 11-12-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah, but fire with enough time can "melt" Logan's soft spots.

He definitely had a huge advantage in a match with such specific rules. Cutting the fire instead is easy. It's just ... fire.

As I understand it, adamantium does not melt or weaken after it's cast. Only Magneto level magnetism or reality warping\magic have proven to be effective against it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As I understand it, adamantium does not melt or weaken after it's cast. Only Magneto level magnetism or reality warping\magic have proven to be effective against it.
    True ,her sword stood no chance of severing his spinal cord, plus she was doing it from the front with a sideways slant, no way she would decapitate him that way. I only trust Isca with her luck to hit bullseye, the rest stand no chance ,I'd wager even Gorgon would fail without Muramasa coz every millimeter missed without Muramasa means you hit an impenetrable obstacle and even getting it right does not mean a non muramasa blade going between the hardest substance just gets a smooth sail,there'd probably be sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You don't have to melt the adamantium, just the spinal cord and all the muscles around it. Basically, all the soft parts of the neck that hold the bones together.

Spectacular Member

You don't have to melt the adamantium, just the spinal cord and all the muscles around it. Basically, all the soft parts of the neck that hold the bones together.
    It could be that she stopped because she hit the Adamantium part and didn't expect it to stop there, or she was holding it there as a means of gloating/torture that backfired.

Fantastic Member

Im convinced Krakoas being set up to lose because the full mutant might will absolutely curbstomp the Arrokans post-contest

Spectacular Member

Logan's tendons are not adamantium, given enough time the fire would melt them and War would win.
    Except we have SEVERAL examples of all his soft tissue being completely burned away and the skeleton still remains intact. How many times now has he taken a molten dip or an acid bath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Does drowning kill him permanently though? Coz in Wolverine 5 he was frozen in an ice cube, which is drowning 'squared' and he still came back.Question is does drowning just incapacitate him?.. I don't think it kills him proper
    It would incapacitate him until he was returned to an oxygen rich environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Daken drowned so I guess drowning could kill Logan and Laura.
    Logan has survived the vacuum of space unaided by a space suit multiple times. He didn't just survive either, he was still active, fighting and moving around the exterior of a space craft. Daken's healing factor must not be a strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Logan getting killed by being covered in adamantium would suggest he can be killed by drowning.
    He didn't have a healing factor at the time. Once again, he survived in the vacuum of space.
    You can decapitate Logan, it has been seen on occasions, the space between each vertebra is NOT adamantium, it is ligament and soft. The problem is that War's sword was very thick and did not fit in the space between two vertebrae, so it got stuck.

We have seen many times that Logan can be dismembered, that is indeed a "weak point". But you have to go for the joints and act with precision or alternatively, use brute force and rip it off.
    616 Logan? With adamantium? When? He got his spine separated by a portal closing on him in X-Force, but that's it.
    Yep precision is definitely needed, but it needs to be someone like Isca to hit that well, I'm certain blunt force to the neck on humans is much easier to show coz bones are not as sturdy as adamantium. To me it is next to impossible to hit that well to sever it one bit in a single hit.
    Shingen couldn't do it with the Honor Sword. Silver Samurai couldn't do it with his mutant ability to make his blade able to cut through anything. Also 350 million Hand assassins have failed. If someone could do it it would have been Harada.
    I agree with you ,Hulk pulling Logan limb from limb or tearing his head off is more plausible than a sword strike hitting a 1 in a thousand perfect strike.
    A demon with super strength called Ba'al once tried to rip Logan's arms off his body. He even asks, "Why can't I tear you apart?" Wolverine # 13.

I'm also remembering all the times Logan has been blown up by extremely powerful explosions (yes, even nuclear) and his body and skeleton always remains in one piece. This does not happen with normal skeletons. Look at Wolverine: Black White and Red # 1. He cuts open his abdomen and shoves a bomb into his innards. He let's the wound heal. He allows himself to be captured to draw out a Hydra boss. Wolverine's bomb explodes in his guts, killing everyone. Why is he still in one piece? Albert hit him with the Blackbird at full speed...still in one piece. I don't know the method behind it, but 616 Logan doesn't seem to be able to be dismembered. Ultimate? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You drown him, his healling factor doesn't serve him for much if he can't breath.
    Survived in space. Space trumps water. No oxygen, plus all the other fun stuff it can do to you without a protective suit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Daken's plot armor must not be a strong.
    Is how I read it. Technically Wolverine's claws shouldn't even work, since they are anchored to the back of his hands by skin and tendons, which means the first time he tried to claw something tougher than the 1 cm skin layer on the back of his hand, they'd rip right backwards out of his hands. Byrne, in Days of Future Past resolved that by showing off the adamantium housing around them when Wolverine was blasted to death by the Sentinels and only his metal skeleton remained. But that's been retconned away, now he has bone claws with a thin coating of metal, and there's no reason other than Plot Armor that they work.

Same with his regeneration. If it makes him look badass, that's how it works. Daken may have the same regeneration, but he's not as good at bringing home the Benjamins, so he'll never get the same badass feats.

im in love with Joshua cassara

Worst issue by far. Borderline nonsensical, which is really disappointing considering how much I was enjoying this event.
    I wish the fights had clear rules so everything didn't seem so random and badly executed. So much set-up for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Survived in space. Space trumps water. No oxygen, plus all the other fun stuff it can do to you without a protective suit.
    I feel like the deep ocean trenches might have something to say about this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel like the deep ocean trenches might have something to say about this.
    Lol pressure differential is complete opposite , in space all your innards want out, in Mariana's trench all the water wants to get in ,either way you become a squeezed toothpaste tube