Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wolverine #7 Review *spoilers*

This issue is basically Logan suffering the consequences for trying to kill Saturnyne and trusting Solem.

He kills Summoner during his figth but he was supposed to die , so he loses.

He has a drinking contest with Storm that apparently was fake because he gets transported in the middle of the fight between Solem and War, Solem true to his nature lokied Wolverine by choosing that exact moment to make good of his promise "fight a battle for me".

So is Drunk Logan vs War (who now hates Logan for killing Summoner), they both win or lose, depending of your perspective.

Also, Death was really ticked by Logan eating that scarab.

Overall, it was an ok issue, not as bad as i expected but overall i'm pretty lukewarm to X-Swords in general. Luckily next issue is back to normal.
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-11-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

This has been a lot of fun and a good way to make Logan badass but pay the price for his impulsiveness at the same time. Opal just loves trolling him.

Extraordinary Member

On the Magik vs Pogg fight, I always thought it would be a joke fight, but not by taking the monster with 6 arms and forcing him to use only 1 of them.

Also, Magik very pointedly did not use the arm that was covered in armor, which even if it wouldn't have given her enough strength would have protected her from injury. Nor did she power up to Darkchild form which would have made her immeasurably stronger. Looks like she just said 'screw it, i'm not even gonna try.'

BANNED

I was disappointed with this issue and I guess I will wait till Destruction.

this was a great read. I loved how much was fit into just one issue. Oh and i am now worried for my girl that drink Saturyne seems to shut down powers. She want vegance for storm telling wolverine not to miss. the teasing in this issue was great too. Percy writes a damn good wolverine Art was top notch too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The fights that aren't fights are pretty frustrating after the sword gathering build up and the stakes at play. Hated Magik vs Pogg. Enjoyed Wolvie's fights, but hate how much real estate he's taking up in this crossover (though I should probably expect it), and how even though he won both battles the points went to Arrako. Cassara's art was the highlight, the battle of Blightspoke was especially beautifully illustrated.

Spectacular Member

How exactly did War get her hand cut off? She had Wolverine pinned but it didn't show him cutting her hand off...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    How exactly did War get her hand cut off? She had Wolverine pinned but it didn't show him cutting her hand off...
    Snikt. Old fashioned way.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Snikt. Old fashioned way.
    I had to re-read it - didn't see him pull the claws out and there's just fire in the panel where she loses her hand.

He cut her with his left claw, that hand wasn't pined.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Although a little bit weird, the "fire" panel with the "thak" SFX, followed by War's reaction shows that he cut her hand off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Psych1c; 11-11-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been a lot of fun and a good way to make Logan badass but pay the price for his impulsiveness at the same time. Opal just loves trolling him.
    I agree. Incredible issue. Lots of fun and great Cassara art too.

Yeah, she was sure she could decapitate Logan in one fell swoop, she comes across an adamantium backbone, she gets confident and Logan uses his claws.

Great art from Cassara but I'm more happy that Percy can get back to telling his stories next issue.

Spectacular Member

So Wolverine faces three challenges in one day; and though he wins two gets no points, drinking contest I put as a tie. Seemed a little unfair especially since Betsy's battle was a lso to the death yet in that one the winner was the survivor. Did the rules change due to the realm. I believe Saturnyne is the referee in all bouts but I noticed nothing different in the wording she used. Maybe I missed something?

Not that it seemed to matter but Pogg cheated in his battle. He clearly went before Saturnyne had completed the countdown. Though I am not really sure Magik put much effort in anyway.

Wonder if he and Storm will ever talk about what could have been if he hadn't been pulled away by Saturnyne to settle his debt or will they just chalk it up to being drunk.