Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X of swords theories wtf is with the space station?

Ok at this point in the event it is clear a lot of the set up and drama was a trick. Setting up the permanent death issue with rockslide didn’t matter. The muramasa swords don’t matter (maybe in a future arc but not now) and genesis and apocalypse appear ready to hug it out showing most of this conflict was completely pointless.

The question I have is why the peak? Saturnine GAVE it to them! Whatever they are gonna do with it is something she wants them to do. Just like how she wanted Betsy and Brian to steal the starlight sword. So my question is why does she want the X-men to have that space station right now? (Aside from it being there for another book obviously)

Fantastic Member

I think it's very premature to say nothing matters. I actually think everything still matters and will be very important to this story. There are certain things that are too hard to ignore. Like the fact that you have Saturnyne, Mad Jim Jaspers, Roma, and Jamie Braddock all entertaining this madness. There is definitely an end game here and all of these pieces will come together soon. I think the tournament is simply either buying time or putting pieces into motion. Soon, the true nature will be revealed as will the need for SWORD I believe. I think factions of the XMen may become gatekeepers so to speak with some being frontline against the forces of Amenth and others become frontline defense against whatever was coming through that hole that Jean, Cable and Cyclops saw.

Astonishing Member

The final fight Krakoa and arroka fight and the peak is Krakoa sword

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The final fight Krakoa and arroka fight and the peak is Krakoa sword
    I would love that lol

The Tournament is like a game to the likes of Saturnyne, Roma, Merlyn, Jamie, Mad Jim Jaspers.
    or.. it might also be a diversion. Something is being cooked behind the tournament.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    The Tournament is like a game to the likes of Saturnyne, Roma, Merlyn, Jamie, Mad Jim Jaspers.
    or.. it might also be a diversion. Something is being cooked behind the tournament.
    Yeah sure but why a space station? It has not been brought up since they turned it on. It has had nothing to do with the narrative. Why is it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Yeah sure but why a space station? It has not been brought up since they turned it on. It has had nothing to do with the narrative. Why is it here?
    because it is called S.W.O.R.D. get it, sword. It is about swords. Ten swords. even more swords. Now, we find out it is not really about swords. that's funny. ha! because subverting expectations. Smart postmodern writing!

The Vescora are getting dropped on Amenth, then sealed in. That should keep the Arakkii busy for a few millenia.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    because it is called S.W.O.R.D. get it, sword. It is about swords. Ten swords. even more swords. Now, we find out it is not really about swords. that's funny. ha! because subverting expectations. Smart postmodern writing!
    Quoted for accuracy.

Right now Saturnyne has a dragon, whose fire can specifically blast holes between realities.

Holes big enough to fit a space base.

Can't believe we don't know the answers about everything in a storyline before it ends! Must be a huge plothole.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Can't believe we don't know the answers about everything in a storyline before it ends! Must be a huge plothole.
    Bad writing!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Bad writing!
    Some elements of the story have been featured throughout the event but not in every chapter? The writers clearly forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Some elements of the story have been featured throughout the event but not in every chapter? The writers clearly forgot about it.
    And the Children of the Vault team hasn't even come out in X of Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And the Children of the Vault team hasn't even come out in X of Swords.
    Hickman put the three characters he did in the Vault because he hates them and they're never coming back.