Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That’s only an issue if you decide his species ages at a standard human rate. Or perhaps you go a different route and Maul uses some dark side technique that temporarily prolongs his life. His age is an inconvenience but not one that isn’t easily worked around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Maul would be Ray Park with Sam Witmer doing the voice, like in Solo (Witwer also did the Clone Wars voice but Ray was back for the makeup in live-action).

However, wouldn't Maul be quite elderly at this point? I mean, it kind of worked with the Emperor since 90% of the time he's not really that physical a character and was decrepit already. Maul on the other hand....
    It could be cool if they do a kind of Don Corleone thing with him.

Weirdly enough I feel like it could still be done. Get a little high adventure in there, and a smidge of allegory about how when the Great Wars end it starts to be more of a tug of war between the nations and the corruption within, the cross-national corruption, which the Underworld could represent. Lucas could conceivably bridge his wizardly Luke concept and his "Get microscopic into this Mido-Chlorian nonsense" angle in the same swift-stroke via the Resurrection angle.

The tricky bit is probably dealing with Leia as the daughter and the grandchildren angle, since Carrie has passed and the child of Solo and Organa turned out to be a privileged dickhead with delusions of evil grandeur, ironically forced to come to light when confronted by the inherent goodness of the Scion of Ultimate Evil. But you could make it work. Miraculous births aren't exactly out of the norm for that family. Here's the work-around right now, clear as day. Rey and Kylo were a Force Dyad. It's some weird intimate magic thing. Weirder ... but also way more intimate ... than whatever Force trickery spurred Shmi Skywalker to get pregnant immaculately. And Kylo died but who cares, cautionary tale about people who aren't meant to be great parents and privilege by way of guilt, rage, shame, living up to expectations, learning skeletons in the family closet, and depression.

The Dyad, same as a vergence in the Force, got Rey pregnant. She might have had ghost sex, I mean they can sword-fight across space and time, who knows what can happen with a ghost. She of course has twins because of course. So they're Leia's grandchildren instead of children-children. Them being in danger is a strong enough Force thing for Luke to manifest again. Badda-bing, badda-boom. If you want to get "Microscopic about the Whills and Midi-Chlorians", then explaining a SECOND VIRGIN BIRTH is probably a great place to do it.

Moreover, the twins are now directly the descendants of both the Skywalker lineage AND the Palpatine one. There could be no bigger targets for Maul.

Even explaining how Maul could be alive 40 years after Obi-Wan Kenobi bisected him longitudinally instead of laterally isn't really the worst thing ever. He's a survivor. He's got Dathomir witch-magicks. It seemed like he died pretty damn good (and satisfactorily, too) but maybe some interested party "revived" him and he's kind of a husk of his former self.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 11-18-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

So basically what Clone Wars was leading up to with the founding of Maul's Shadow Collective. I guess that meant he wasn't suppose to die in Rebels and why Ron Howard pushed for his appearance in Solo.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So basically what Clone Wars was leading up to with the founding of Maul's Shadow Collective. I guess that meant he wasn't suppose to die in Rebels and why Ron Howard pushed for his appearance in Solo.
    Eh, these loose plans for a sequel trilogy were from way before Rebels was even an inkling so you can't really say, " Maul wasn't meant to die in Rebels" and since Lucas was supposedly a huge fan of Rebels it's probably fair to say he was okay that things evolved beyond his earlier ideas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, these loose plans for a sequel trilogy were from way before Rebels was even an inkling so you can't really say, " Maul wasn't meant to die in Rebels" and since Lucas was supposedly a huge fan of Rebels it's probably fair to say he was okay that things evolved beyond his earlier ideas.
    Agreed. I can't claim to know but I suspect he's probably fairly satisfied with the Filoniverse as of now. A lot of really satisfactory resolutions and "could continues". And while I still think it's a magical universe where his finale could totally play out, I don't think it's likely or necessary.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com