Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The Metropolis Kid. Everything Johns onward pales in comparison.
    It read as if they were two completely different characters which is why I feel John's version is inferior. Street smart, talks a lot Michael J. Fox kinda character somehow changes into shy country bumpkin. No!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It read as if they were two completely different characters which is why I feel John's version is inferior. Street smart, talks a lot Michael J. Fox kinda character somehow changes into shy country bumpkin. No!
    They are. Kon and Conner are two entirely different takes which is actually a strength I feel. You can have Kon be the glory hound celebrity or the angsty teenager who doesn’t enjoy being a superhero depending on what’s popular. It helps Kon stick around. I prefer the older characterization though, I think that’s more fun.

I loved the variety of the powers the Superfamily had back then and don't quite understand the move toward more homogeneous powers among them

He is with out a doubt the most well rounded member of the SUPER family,the one with the most storytelling opportu ities than any of the others.

He also has the coolest personality, best look, and the most fun powers (50%kryptonian plus TTK).

DC are holding him back or atleast making him vanilla just so the other less interesting SUPER characters can look good around him , cause they absolutely could not if he was allowed to be all he is and could be

Spectacular Member

The Scott Lobdell new 52 version lol, just kidding. Clearly the Geoff Johns half Luthor half Superman one was the best. His close friendship with Tim Drake. His relationship with Wonder Girl. Great stuff.

The new 52 was my least favorite version of him, but I'm glad we got it, it showed how he could be a TTK powerhouse, smart as hell, and cool looking ( yeah I want the tattoo and the red lines on a tank). He showed us the true potential of TTK (with or without the levitation)

Geoffs wasn't what I would call fun to read, I would say it was a good read, and I liked seeing him grow up.

The original was the definition of fun.

Fun and cool to. Read or watch can be considered 2 different things, Titans, Young Justice, and Smallville season 11 were good reads/watches, I enjoyed all of them. The Reign of supermen movie had a fun SB

Which order would you have kon go through (if you had too) 1-punk 90s, new 52 tron, and geoffs emo versions. Which order would you have them play out in his life

Yah easily leather jacket 90s Superboy, the original clone version just totally blew my mind as a 7 year old kid. He was so cool and fun, up til this point Superboy had always seemed lame.... not any more!

Years ago My gf and I even dressed up as WW and Superboy
    FB_IMG_1607126564314.jpg
    Last edited by Menacer; 12-04-2020 at 05:04 PM.

The 90s version is without a doubt the most fun version. The post 2003 incarnation wasn't fun until his resurrection. The Adventure Comics run felt like the 90s version with maturity. The call backs to hos old foes like Scavenger, the leather jacket in his room, his brief flirtation with an Amazon while on his galaxy and time crossing errand for Lex Luthor was sheer fun. The new 52 version is my least favorite but I've come to appreciate certain aspects. I like that he was a blank slate. You could try to see how much he took after his donors. It seemed like they were finally going draw out some of his Lex like tendencies. The epigenetic memory was cool and the scope and possibilities of his powers was interesting. When it was revealed he had a female donor, I never realized how much I loved that idea. I feel like so much potential was missed here. Kind of a Cyberpunk Superman. A mish mash of Akira and The Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    The 90s version is without a doubt the most fun version. The post 2003 incarnation wasn't fun until his resurrection. The Adventure Comics run felt like the 90s version with maturity. The call backs to hos old foes like Scavenger, the leather jacket in his room, his brief flirtation with an Amazon while on his galaxy and time crossing errand for Lex Luthor was sheer fun. The new 52 version is my least favorite but I've come to appreciate certain aspects. I like that he was a blank slate. You could try to see how much he took after his donors. It seemed like they were finally going draw out some of his Lex like tendencies. The epigenetic memory was cool and the scope and possibilities of his powers was interesting. When it was revealed he had a female donor, I never realized how much I loved that idea. I feel like so much potential was missed here. Kind of a Cyberpunk Superman. A mish mash of Akira and The Matrix.

Titans TV show took the memory and personality quirks plus the tattoo idea and ran with it, so I'm glad they did.

Power wise I thought they went to far to soon, but man I could go for the YJ shows powerset plus the new 52s powerset any day of the week, even in tactile form

I prefer "bad boy" anti-hero OG Connor simply because he is such a departure from his clone dad (Clark being the ultimate straight arrow type). It was a refreshing change, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I prefer "bad boy" anti-hero OG Connor simply because he is such a departure from his clone dad (Clark being the ultimate straight arrow type). It was a refreshing change, IMO.
    Yeah I don’t want Kon to be humble like the rest of the Super-Family. He’s the one who loves to flex on anyone who screws with him lol.

So a mix of 90s original kon and Morrisons young superman?

And I would add a mix of kryptonian and TTK to that

Ultimate Member

I like them both, but the Kid best, as he had a lot more of his own unique story potential, and the later 'Jeans and T-shirt' Conner seemed to be stuck reliving old Superman arcs, with a tweak, and recycling his adventures/supporting arc/emotional journey, which more or less defined him by how much or how little he was like Superman. In Hawaii, or in PAD's Young Justice, he did his own thing, and had his own supporting cast and 'environment' and background elements, and could tell stories that had nothing to do with the inherent gravitas and storied elements of Kal-El's Kryptonian and Smallville business.

'The Kid' could be more *fun.* (And girl-obsessed, and impulsive, and immature.) I feel like later Conner 'reflected' somehow on Superman himself, now that they were more strongly tied together, and couldn't be as off-the-wall, because it somehow 'made Superman look bad.' So his portrayal sometimes came across as timid and overly cautious, by comparison.