Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What it actually means is the product of an affair. If Prince Charles and Camilla had a baby while he was still married to Diana, that child would be illegitimate, and not entitled to be an heir to the throne. As it was, no kids came along because of that affair, she was too old to have more kids by the time they did marry.
    Not always, if a man/woman has a kid and doesn't recognize/abandon the kid. For men sometimes they don't even know they have a kid, as the mother run away or didn't told.
    If people aren't married, but the parent assumes responsability with supporting the kidI don't see it as illegitimate. Wedlock is just a formalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    three, the Stepford Cuckoos
    She didn't even knew about them, because somebody stole her eggs and made them against their will
    Last edited by baxer; 11-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You have no idea. Hercules was the original rock star. You have to remember that Hercules lived on Earth, a very popular demi-god amongst men, before his death and subsequent apotheosis as an immortal god. It wasn't just the 12 Labors or hanging out with Jason as a member of the Argonauts that kept him entertained. Hercules really got around!

In the myths Hercules had countless children, most out of wedlock. Take for example the story of Thespius, a king who had 50 beautiful daughters. Thespius hired Hercules to hunt a lion or other beast (a different lion than the Nemean one of legend). Thespius really admired Hercules and wanted grand children of his blood. So he told Hercules that as part of his compensation for hunting the lion he could lay with one of his daughters. The hunt, as it turns out, lasted 50 nights, and each night Hercules was visited by one of Thespius' daughters. When it was all said and done, Thespius' 50 daughters bore Hercules 50 sons. You read that correctly -- 50! Just add their names to the several dozen other children that Hercules sired.

I seriously doubt that Hercules knows the names of all of his children. He's kind of like Zeus in that regard. Like father, like son, I guess.

Sing it with me now:

"Papa was a rolling stone
    Wherever he laid his hat was his home
    And when he died
    All he left us was alone"
    I know all about Hercules in the olden times. I meant that it did not seem like he spent much time in the mortal world between then and the modern day. Maybe there are stories and I just missed them, but it seems the Marvel version of Herc spent most of his time in Olympus until the modern age of heroes started and he started coming to Earth once again.

Both Charles Xavier and Magneto fathered Illegitimate children. Xavier fathered Legion and Magneto fathered Laura Dane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Like I said. I find it funny we haven’t seen children of Starfox and modern Hercules yet.
    They should be poster children on the effectiveness of using condoms to prevent unwanted births.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who is Rhodey’s child now?
    In his first solo series it was told by his girlfriend to his parents that she was carrying his kid.

In the final issue of the series the writer mentioned that was a loop hole that was not going to be dealt with since the book was ending.

So we don't know if she was telling the truth or not. So far we have not seen a kid run around yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Both Charles Xavier and Magneto fathered Illegitimate children. Xavier fathered Legion and Magneto fathered Laura Dane.
    you forgot Xavier fatered Xandra. I thought Legion was legitimate

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think all 5 of the Cuckoo are alive again.
    oh is that recent or has that been the norm for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    She didn't even knew about them, because somebody stole her eggs and made them against their will
    yes (well without Emma's approval/consent, the kids never have a say in the matter)
    The J-man

Apocalypse's son William Rolfson. Called Holocaust in The Age of Apocalypse and Genocide in the regular 616.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    Bruce Banner (Hulk’s offspring Tannasee Rapachini, Kiro Hala, Skar) and while it’s a stretch calling Constrictor a hero, he did have a son out of wed lock who took over the Constrictor identity.
    I can't remember if the thing with Scorpion chick was ever resolved but Hulk and Caiera were married when they had Kiro Hala and Skarr.
    "Cable was right!"

I skimmed through the thread real quick; did anyone mention Carol Danvers’ very bizarre pregnancy and subsequent birth of her own well, rapist, Marcus? Really REALLY bad story. Really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I skimmed through the thread real quick; did anyone mention Carol Danvers’ very bizarre pregnancy and subsequent birth of her own well, rapist, Marcus? Really REALLY bad story. Really bad.

Yeah, there's a reason people don't talk about this story much.

in the last 20 years, was there an adult child of Namor's introduced, who ended up being an adversary?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Didn't Mentor basically father the entire population of Titan, with the exception of his wife/consort?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, there's a reason people don't talk about this story much.
    Have the author(s) of this story -- and the editor(s) who signed off on it -- received a psychiatric evaluation yet?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Have the author(s) of this story -- and the editor(s) who signed off on it -- received a psychiatric evaluation yet?
    It's not rape, it's enhanced consent!

*cough*

The most well known example of writers not really thinking things through, but not the worst and sadly, not the most recent either