Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

How would Ukraine and Russia's relationship be in this world?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    How would Ukraine and Russia's relationship be in this world?
    Roughly the same as the real world.

Just a head's up, but the final look-through will taking place on the 1st of December so everyone can deal with recovering from Thanksgiving (... only to get interrupted by Christmas) and do any last-minute changes. The game should start shortly after that.

I'll be doing more info-dumps in the meanwhile as well as answering any other questions you may have.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Seriously tempted to go full meme and post "Eerie El".
    This signature intentionally left blank.

• Sandra Johansson - Dog
    • Miguel Foster - Snake
    • Giuseppe Gionata Zeppeli - Dog
    • Dafydd "Dai" Pender - Rat
    • Suzie Zee - Ox
    • Lucy Lennon - Tiger
    • Touou Hyou - Snake
    • John Goode - Dragon
    • Wen Jinghu - Monkey
    • Boris Kuvalda - Snake
    • Johannes Montgomery Joestar - Pig
    • Funny "Fun" Valentine - Sheep
    • Jamie Valentine - Dog

Just for fun, I listed every character's Chinese Zodiac Animal.

Everyone except Vivian who doesn't have a listed birthdate.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-27-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Oh, and I made a slight change to Wen's name.

Discussed with Yun over PM regarding Jamie's Stand and its powers, and I've made the changes based on our discussion.

Also, the profile became too long to fit on one page, so I put Jamie's stuff on (backstory, general profile, etc.) on the Page 3 where Fun Valentine's profile used to be, and left the Stand's profile on Page 8, with them linked to one another for ease of use.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

That is something to watch. I think I'm going to watch it again.

Last edited by Tami; 11-28-2020 at 06:52 AM.

You know, I want to give Jamie a weather manipulating Stand like Weather Report, but I already know I can't because such a thing is way, way too easy to abuse. Especially since in the world of JoJo, anything that can be even vaguely described as a "weather phenomena" is allowed, even if it makes no sense/is actually impossible. Like making rainbows encoded with subliminal messages that can make people turn into snails through extreme application of "I think therefore I am".

And even IF I don't go down the "subliminal message rainbows" route, I could still do things like make fog consisting of molecular acid on the level of xenomorph blood, send actual sharknadoes at opponents, have it literally rain fire onto my enemies, etc. Basically the sky's the limit if "rainbows encoded with subliminal messages" are on the table.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

We're also effectively level 0 in a game where characters and stands will assuredly evolve.

Besides which, stands are supposed to manifest as something of an outgrowth of your character's psyche and reflect their growth, which I suppose will be the core narrative drive in an RPG context.

Retired Overlord

*A small camp lay hidden in the trees, the dregs of a fire and the bones of cooked rabbit lay in a neat pile at its edge. A sleeping bag rest off to the side, a snuggled firmly within was a small black cover bound book...recently written in*

Joestar Sibling Reconnaissance Log
    Pre-Operation Tactical Summary

A. Gather intel on location
    B. Detailed Background Profile on "family" units
    C. Identify Potential Organization Sleeper Units
    D. Obtain Civilian Clothes for deep cover op
    E. Infiltrate Joestar Funeral
    F. Pay Respects

---

Joestar Family Intelligence

Vivian
    Female, 5'7", 120 lbs
    No last name found, little information available beyond physical description and basic personality traits.
    Observed smoking on several occasions, threat of airborn chemical damage however is minimal....gasmask not required.
    Subject is fairly talkative, use as opportunity to learn additional information on typical social interaction.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is High due to vague background, be prepared to counter if cover is broken.

Sandra Johansson
    Fermale, 5'7", 134 lbs
    Aggressive, quick to take offence, quick to resort to hostility. Multiple police records.
    Better to avoid then risk possible confrontation and risk to cover
    If subject attempts to provoke, keep to cover persona. If subject attempts to provoke further, retreat to designated safe areas. If subject gives chase, incapacitate.
    Subject can be distracted by food, however we are....unable to spare rations at this time.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is Zero. Trained infiltration unit would not be incompetent enough to have police records.

Miguel Foster
    Male, 6'3", 168 lbs
    Subject self classifies as "Magician". historical data confirms that a Magician is a class of con-artist that uses sleight of hand to trick individuals out of their money.
    Due to an already low monetary threshold...Threat level: Extreme.
    Keep flashbangs and heavy concussive rounds on standby.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is low...Treat subject as a threat non the less.

Giuseppe Gionata Zeppeli
    Male, 6'4", 215 lbs
    Italian, intelligence classification "Pretty Boy"
    Uses an unknown form of Martial Art, known as purring.
    Organization files reference at least one incident of a Purr Master disrupting causing a minor operation disruption in South Africa.
    Treat subject with caution, but attempt to learn more on subjects discipline.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is Zero.

Dafydd "Dai" Pender
    Male, 6'4", 214 lbs
    Too bright, too flashy, possible conversational nightmare.
    Avoid as they may draw unnecessary attention.
    Bio suggests an acute lack of observational skills, so it may be possible to misdirect.
    Bio also suggests a lack of critical thinking, so misdirection may fail due to lack of direction to begin with.
    Liberal use of flashbangs permitted if subject engages with small talk.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is low....possible fake personality to create confusion.
    Also from Newfoundland, a fairly standard Organization backstory.

Suzie Zee
    Female, 5'4", 115 lbs
    Anti Social Type, minimal risk of unwanted interaction.
    Low probability of gaining social or tactical information
    Outward Threat is minimal.
    Subject seems skilled in disguise, and favors a form of self modeling with heavy night camo.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is undetermined.
    Require further intelligence.

Touou Hyou
    Male, 6'8", 203 lbs
    Subject believes himself to be, against all logical measures to the contrary, skilled in games of chance.
    Rather then risk reduction, evidence indicates subject prefers higher risk/reward ratios.
    This is not a tactically viable strategy, as previous forays into games of chance have proven an obvious bias.
    Pity they came at the cost of ration money.
    Lack of discretion may be exploitable, or a liability.
    Subject possesses large amount of personal wealth, may be willing to accept contracts for compensation....

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is Zero.

More to Come
    Last edited by MrSandman; 11-30-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Besides which, stands are supposed to manifest as something of an outgrowth of your character's psyche and reflect their growth, which I suppose will be the core narrative drive in an RPG context.
    Hmm... that gives me an... odd idea for how to approach a backstory and deal with needed edits.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Default World-Building Info Dump: Part Two

U.U.A.C.
    Modeled off the European Union, the United Unions of the American Continents is the collaboration of nearly all of the countries that comprise the two continents, with potentially more as recent discussions of joining have arisen among those within the Caribbean. While each of the country-states retains what is essentially their previous forms of government, joining the union grants the citizens of that country-state free-reign to travel to other parts of the union and most importantly, economical stability. Due to the currency of choice for the U.U.A.C. being the dollar, some believe that despite the Union stating that it was established for the well-being of all, it was, in truth, formed as a sort of life-support for the United States. The more cynical of critics say that the United States chose to drag the other countries into its death spiral, despite the U.U.A.C. faring quite well at the current day.

While most other countries consider that with the speed in which the United States dissolved and the U.U.A.C.'s rose, any proposed power vacuum might as well been called a power hiccup, China has been adamant about its status as the only global superpower and has been attempting to assume the role of "World Police" that many criticized the United States of once believing itself to be. Aside from that noticeable exception, most other countries outside of the union have shown little change save for the grumbling over all of the paperwork.

As for life within the union, save for those within the impact zones, things have been fairly unchanged save for a few things. Along with the change of governmental titles, the 25th hour has led to a decrease in use and trust in technology despite the advancements made in the field. The internet has regained a bit of its wild-western feel similar to its early days due to this decrease as once casual users have opted for more traditional entertainment and as result plays, musicals and live concerts have entered a new renaissance of sorts.

ORGANIZATIONS
    「Speedwagon Foundation」
    Founded by Johannes Joestar who named it after his dearest friend and mentor, Rea Speedwagon, the exact purpose of the foundation is hard to pin down (a fitting description considering the founder) although it is generally assumed just to be a philanthropist organization due to the countless donations made and the various charities that operate underneath its umbrella. It is said that during an interview Johannes once took part in, when pressed by a particularly aggressive interviewer, he did let slip that there was an important goal the organization was working towards but as to this day, that goal was never specified.

「O.S.S.」
    Very little is known about this group, save for the occasional propaganda video intentionally uploaded onto the internet by a user under the handle Good Samaritan. Though it appears to be very clearly seeking to recruit new members, the bizarre and cryptic nature of these videos make it almost impossible to determine just who or what they're addressing.

「Lucky Land」
    A multi-billion-dollar entertainment corporation whose influence is felt worldwide. As of recently, its reputation had taken a hit as many found their actions after the impact to be morally distasteful as they purchased the Gibsonton Impact Zone and monetized it by turning the entirety of it into a massive theme-park. Most people seem to be placated by the actions of the new CEO, Frederick Fahrenheit, who appears to have "cleaned house", despite his own dubious nature. As of this moment, it is uncertain what path Luck Land will take moving forward.