Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Since I'm basically done with Sandra outside of small additions I may think of between now and game's start, I'll give her IC thoughts on all the characters. These are her thoughts, not mine.

Vivian: "Fucking miststück won't shut the **** up."

Sandra: "Du fickfehler."

Miguel: "Arschgeige. Magicians are nothing but con-men. Little bastard better not try to get one over one me, or I'm going to pull a rabbit out of his *******."

Giuseppe: "Purr? So, you're saying you're a pussy? Alright, whatever you say ahhahaha!"

Dafydd: "You're pansexual? So, you **** cast iron pans or something? You're staying the **** out of my kitchen."

Suzie: "It took me a full half-minute before I realized you weren't a mannequin. Sun, ever heard of it? Anyway, makeup is cool, I guess."

Lucy: "Ooh, look at me. I hate violence, even though it's the only thing I know how to do. Ouch! Literally just cut myself on all that edge. Let me guess, you have zero social skills because you had no childhood? Oooh, sooo interesting. Flachwichser."

Hyou: "Hahaha. A gambling addict who thinks he's Mr. Big Dick. I'm gonna laugh my ass off every time you get fucked over, arschgeige."

Jamie: "A huge nerd, huh? Oh yeah, you and me are going to get along real nicely."

John: "Reading? Learning? Science? BWAHAHAHAHAH Christ, I can see why you never had any friends! And you were sheltered, too? Probably extremely naive? God, this fucked up world is gonna **** you straight up the ass, kiddo. No lube either, so get ready."

Amon: "...what? Please don't tell me 'daddy dearest' couldn't even keep his dick out of a fucking penguin?"

Jinghu: "Hacker? Every bitch who unlocks their man's phone to see if they're chatting up someone other than their boring ass thinks they're a hacker now. Gimme a fucking break."

Boris: "Daw, look at the wittle baby man~. You're a cute little fella~. Yes, you are~. Yes, you are~."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 11-29-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dafydd: ...

*takes out small notebook mostly full of poems and half thought-out song lyrics*

*flicks to the back where there's a heading marked Important Stuff - Peidiwch ag anghofio!! and adds a note to a small list*

Dafydd: Sandra - super mean. Not a friend. Least favourite new sibling so far.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-30-2020 at 02:49 AM.

This however?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Dafydd "Dai" Pender
    Bio also suggests a lack of critical thinking, so misdirection may fail due to lack of direction to begin with.
    Damn, totally got the energy I'm going for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Dafydd: ...

*takes out small notebook mostly full of poems and half thought-out song lyrics*

*flicks to the back where there's a heading marked Important Stuff - Peidiwch ag anghofio!! and adds a note to a small list*

Dafydd: Sandra - super mean. Not a friend. Least favourite new sibling so far.
    I'm impressed he can write, let alone spell correctly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm impressed he can write, let alone spell correctly.
    He's not quick thinking or particularly observant but he's songwriter and an amateur poet so he's put enough time into writing that he doesn't make too many spelling mistakes.

Also, being bilingual helps. He canonically makes a lot more spelling mistakes in Welsh.

He's not quick thinking or particularly observant but he's songwriter and an amateur poet so he's put enough time into writing that he doesn't make too many spelling mistakes.

Also, being bilingual helps. He canonically makes a lot more spelling mistakes in Welsh.
    I guess my thing is more...

The discrepancy between 0 and 1 is pretty notable (average compared to naturally gifted and better than most). The deficit between 0 and -1 is also probably... pretty notable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Wait, are we saying perception affects how well someone writes?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Wait, are we saying perception affects how well someone writes?
    I figure that'd be a talent, but having low willpower and perception (in the negative) implies you're not particularly intelligent.

Of course, could simply be reading it wrong. Ultimately Yun's call

Arx Inosaan

I figure that'd be a talent, but having low willpower and perception (in the negative) implies you're not particularly intelligent.

"Not particularly intelligent," doesn't imply that a person can't write.

Or, more accurately, is intellectually incapable of writing.

"Not particularly intelligent," doesn't imply that a person can't write.

Or, more accurately, is intellectually incapable of writing.
    If the difference in 1 point is the difference between "top 25 percent" and "average", I'm saying it's possible.

Arx Inosaan

Why would having low Willpower be an indicator of lack of intelligence? You can still be intelligent while being weak-willed.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Why would having low Willpower be an indicator of lack of intelligence? You can still be intelligent while being weak-willed.
    The two stats working in tandem approximating one's mental competence?

Arx Inosaan

If the difference in 1 point is the difference between "top 25 percent" and "average", I'm saying it's possible.
    You're saying it's possible, but it really doesn't seem that likely to me.

1) The guide on stats says 00 is average and 01 is"better than most/natural untrained," so I'm not sure where you're pulling the "top 25 percent," bit from.

2) The guide also states that "there will be consequences for going negative," it does not state that the stat perfectly scales in a singular unit up or down. Especially since the difference between a 3 and 4 is pretty marginal based on description.

3) Neither stat that Dafydd has negs in say anything about intelligence per say. Statswise, he lacks "mental defence" and isn't very observant. Intelligence seems to be entirely within the remit of the player to decide. I chose to make him kind of dumb as part of his character and independently decided to reflect that as best I could in stats to increase his overall beefiness.

In short, the dude can read and write. He likely doesn't do it much and he's not a talented writer but he can certainly do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Suzie Zee
    Female, 5'4", 115 lbs
    Anti Social Type, minimal risk of unwanted interaction.
    Low probability of gaining social or tactical information
    Outward Threat is minimal.
    Subject seems skilled in disguise, and favors a form of self modeling with heavy night camo.

Organization Sleeper Unit Probability is undetermined.
    Require further intelligence.
    The sound of quiet nibbling breaks the silence of the tree bough.

Suzie was sitting there all along, eating a bag of crisps.

"..."

Slowly, and awkwardly, she makes her way down and slinks off do a different dark corner, when-

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Suzie: "It took me a full half-minute before I realized you weren't a mannequin. Sun, ever heard of it? Anyway, makeup is cool, I guess."
    "R-right, suppose it is rather nice-like?"

"...cheers?" Sidles off, unsure whether or not to break eye contact.

You're saying it's possible, but it really doesn't seem that likely to me.

1) The guide on stats says 00 is average and 01 is"better than most/natural untrained," so I'm not sure where you're pulling the "top 25 percent," bit from.

2) The guide also states that "there will be consequences for going negative," it does not state that the stat perfectly scales in a singular unit up or down. Especially since the difference between a 3 and 4 is pretty marginal based on description.

3) Neither stat that Dafydd has negs in say anything about intelligence per say. Statswise, he lacks "mental defence" and isn't very observant. Intelligence seems to be entirely within the remit of the player to decide. I chose to make him kind of dumb as part of his character and independently decided to reflect that as best I could in stats to increase his overall beefiness.

In short, the dude can read and write. He likely doesn't do it much and he's not a talented writer but he can certainly do it.
    Well hey, he might surprise some people.

Arx Inosaan