Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Apologies once again. We'll be back on track tomorrow.

Yun, can you clear up what is meant by all records being removed from the database? I want to make sure we are understanding it correctly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yun, can you clear up what is meant by all records being removed from the database? I want to make sure we are understanding it correctly.
    Simply put, whatever detailed information the Speedwagon Foundation had on file for your characters, will be deleted by midnight from their databases. That doesn't mean all information ever recorded, as they'll still have government records and whatever other accounts they've made before this. The only copy of this information will be the folder each character was given to do whatever with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Simply put, whatever detailed information the Speedwagon Foundation had on file for your characters, will be deleted by midnight from their databases. That doesn't mean all information ever recorded, as they'll still have government records and whatever other accounts they've made before this. The only copy of this information will be the folder each character was given to do whatever with.
    ...I have no idea why I thought this was a sort of Men in Black affair of deleting all known public records lol

Suppose I'll mull over an edit of the my last post, hmm...

Question two, Johannes stated that every one of his children will be given sanctuary at the Foundation's Mansion should they need it. Yet all records of them will be deleted. So, doesn't that set up a conflict where the Board members could say, we have no proof that you are who you say you are, so sorry, you can't stay here?

Even if the Board Members do recognize them, they can justify denying them entry simply on the basis that all records tying them to Johannes are now gone and there is no proof that any of them are his children?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question two, Johannes stated that every one of his children will be given sanctuary at the Foundation's Mansion should they need it. Yet all records of them will be deleted. So, doesn't that set up a conflict where the Board members could say, we have no proof that you are who you say you are, so sorry, you can't stay here?

Even if the Board Members do recognize them, they can justify denying them entry simply on the basis that all records tying them to Johannes are now gone and there is no proof that any of them are his children?
    As Hironobu said, only the intimate knowledge would be deleted. The bare-bones stuff remain, if only to keep in track of who their founder is related to for future issues.

Barring those choosing Johannes' offer and the estate clause, the Speedwagon Foundation won't be giving his kids any more special favors.

So there are nine left, I think. That means if they split up, that would be three teams of three.

Forgive Jinny, but she lost her clothes on the bus. She'd be happier going on this quest if she had a chance to acquire a more appropriate outfit.

Something like this:

Just saying.....heh

Conspiracies and investigations afoot!

Some exciting foreshadowing in Johannes' notes, with some indirect characterization of Moonchild; and how appropriate that all paths seem to lead through the garden right now, lol

With the revelation of Johannes' last will and testament and Blondie's deception, the path before them leads to verdant cursed Salem, and thus Act 1 ends.

I've been working on updating the NPC list, still deciding how to streamline it considering how many of them I've made; however, the trip up north should be kicking off Tuesday although I've clearly proven to be reliable when it comes to schedules.

Considering this has been the longest game I've GMed so far, I appreciate everyone who has participated so far and I apologize for any mistakes on my end. Hopefully, you all will enjoy what I have in store for you.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

With the revelation of Johannes' last will and testament and Blondie's deception, the path before them leads to verdant cursed Salem, and thus Act 1 ends.

I've been working on updating the NPC list, still deciding how to streamline it considering how many of them I've made; however, the trip up north should be kicking off Tuesday although I've clearly proven to be reliable when it comes to schedules.

Considering this has been the longest game I've GMed so far, I appreciate everyone who has participated so far and I apologize for any mistakes on my end. Hopefully, you all will enjoy what I have in store for you.
    You're doing great, Yun. Fun ride so far
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

While we wait for the start of the next phase of the story, anyone have any thoughts or comments about Stands in use so far?

Very nice transition, Yun. Looking forward to the next chapter.

While interactions in an RPG are always the best way to get to know other the other player characters, I'd like to try a more lateral way of doing this, and in doing so build a...

Character Jukebox

The rules are simple. Drawing upon the musical references built into your character, can you find a track that describes their current state of mind at this stage of the game?

Figured it could be an interesting way to illustrate where or characters are at right now, or for the bolder writers among us, foreshadow something coming down the line for them. I'll update the list as we go.

End of Part I: Cat's in the Cradle

Suzie: Placebo Effect
    Jinny: Strangers Like Me
    Vivian: Condescension - Tidelines
    Boris: Peter Gabriel: Red Rain
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-04-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Okay, I'm game

End of Part I: Cat's in the Cradle

Jinny: Strangers Like Me