Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Since it looks like everyone that wants to join has made a profile or expressed their interest, I will be tweaking everything for clarification prior to the actual inspection.

And of course lore.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 11-18-2020 at 02:53 PM.

If anyone wants to know this is martial arts Boyovyy HOPAK, and this is the dance Hopak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvD21OntHgI
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So, as I mentioned at the bottom of Page 7, I've finished that potential alt character... and I still don't know which to use. Though its changed from the Diavolo/Doppio thing to a fully-sentient Stand like Trish's "Spice Girl". Has Araki ever really done anything with that concept (because I admit I've only read 3, 4, and 5)? Because that's an interesting idea that needs to be explored more.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Minor Update.

I've been gradually posting the lore, which you will find on the first page, third post. Been slightly busy irl, so it's been going a bit slower than I would like.

The game should be ready to start by the end of the month, so before then I'll have final reviews and approvals done by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Minor Update.

I've been gradually posting the lore, which you will find on the first page, third post. Been slightly busy irl, so it's been going a bit slower than I would like.

The game should be ready to start by the end of the month, so before then I'll have final reviews and approvals done by then.
    Read it over, and if everything that you described are still the state of affairs some 22 years later then I'll have to alter my character's bio. Does this mean that there is no technology at all? Has the world been reset back to the 1600's? Or earlier?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Read it over, and if everything that you described are still the state of affairs some 22 years later then I'll have to alter my character's bio. Does this mean that there is no technology at all? Has the world been reset back to the 1600's? Or earlier?
    No. Haven't gotten to that part, but technology was restored shortly after everything settled and has advanced since then. Tech industries have sought to ensure such an event won't occur again, but a good portion of the population is a bit hesitant to integrate it back into their lives as much as they did pre-25th Hour.

Jamie Valentine Profile Pt. 1

Stand
    Name: 「Holy Diver」
    Stand Type: Sentient Type
    Stand Form: Close-Range Power Type (Power Locked)
    Ability Theme: Transforming
    Appearance:
    Bound Form: Holy Diver seems to have most of his size, speed, and power locked away, resulting it taking a small, chibi-like appearance. It also seems to be connected to Jamie in a way unlike most other stands as it has no legs, but has a ghost-like "tail" that connects Holy Diver to Jamie when he manifests, leaving him unable to move too far from his user due to this.
    Unbound Form: The result of Jamie unlocking the restraints placed on Holy Diver, unbinding his full power and speed and also resulting in him taking on a larger, more muscular form. The condition needed to be met to unlock Holy Diver's full power is currently unknown.
    "Personality": Holy Diver is a rarity in that it is fully sentient and has a consciousness separate from Jamie's. As such Jamie refers to the Stand as "him" and "he", unlike the common "it" used by other Stand Users. The Stand nonetheless considers himself a part of Jamie, and will do whatever he feels is necessary to protect his User, even if that means openly arguing with and even disobeying Jamie should he feel his course of action is better or will protect his User. Holy Diver is also more vulgar and abrasive than Jamie, with very little of Jamie's patience or kind-heartedness, and will even turn his vulgar, abrasive personality on Jamie if she gets on the Stand's nerves.
    Stand Ability:

1) Act 1: Heaven and Hell - With Heaven and Hell Holy Diver can mold a human like clay, giving him the ability to change a person's appearance completely to their (or his) desires, including "curing" wounds by "fixing" them like one would with a damaged art project. If more material than the person's body has is needed, Holy Diver can add some more of his own, which changes to match that of his current "project".
    Conditions/Drawbacks: For Holy Diver to use his ability, he needs to physically touch the one he wishes to use his ability on. Depending on the changes the target may need to stay still or the effect may be undesirable. If the person wants the changes done to be "permanent", they have to consume two shots of a liquid from Holy Diver. The thing is, the liquid is quite possibly the most foul liquid anyone has ever tasted, just before the line of "incapable of being consumed". Both shots of the liquid must be consumed within a set period of time for the changes to be permanent, otherwise it will be on a time limit before it decays and they they revert back to their original or "normal" state.

Act 2: Rainbow in the Dark - Ability Locked

Act 3: I Am - Ability Locked

Destructive Power (POW): 10 - E (Unlocked Form: 33 - B)
    Speed (SPD): 10 - E (Unlocked Form: 33 - B)
    Range (RGE): 05 - E
    Persistence (PST): 22 - C
    Precision (PRC): 32 - B

Development Potential (PNT): 50
    Last edited by The Dog; 12-13-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm assuming your character is trans? If so you're using male pronouns on a character who is presumably a trans woman which wouldn't match their chosen gender identity?

Or is that that he is a transvestite but still identifies as male? You might want to clarify that.

Also, don't know if it's a concern for you but there is already a Stand named Holy Diver in JJBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm assuming your character is trans? If so you're using male pronouns on a character who is presumably a trans woman which wouldn't match their chosen gender identity?

Or is that that he is a transvestite but still identifies as male? You might want to clarify that.

Also, don't know if it's a concern for you but there is already a Stand named Holy Diver in JJBA.
    You might be thinking of Diver Down from Part 6. As of currently, Holy Diver is not yet used in canon, unless I've missed something in Jojolion

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    You might be thinking of Diver Down from Part 6. As of currently, Holy Diver is not yet used in canon, unless I've missed something in Jojolion
    Gosh, you are correct. I was thinking of Diver Down, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    As I've mentioned before, I had a second idea for a character (only using one), so I want to get other's opinions on which one to play. Was going to put both on one post so that the one I don't play gets deleted without wasting a post, but unfortunately it didn't work. So I'm posting one here and keeping Funny on page 3, and the loser will get deleted from their post.

Funny "Fun" Valentine Bio

Stand User
    Name: Jamie Speedwagon
    Out of the two, I prefer Funny, just because, honestly, there seems to be a bit more thought put into her as opposed to another version of Jaime.

With that said, if you do want to continue on with a fully sentient stand idea, you could transfer it over to Funny and Crazy Train, although just don't expect Crazy Train to be out and about 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I was planning on Jamie being a transvestite, but a transsexual would be unique and something that I haven't played before, and I wouldn't need to do anything to the character (other than change gender pronouns) for it to work.

And like Yun said, you're thinking of Anasui's Stand Diver Down (a Van Halen album). Holy Diver (and all of its abilities) are named after Dio songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao
    Out of the two, I prefer Funny, just because, honestly, there seems to be a bit more thought put into her as opposed to another version of Jaime.

With that said, if you do want to continue on with a fully sentient stand idea, you could transfer it over to Funny and Crazy Train, although just don't expect Crazy Train to be out and about 24/7.
    That's a good argument too.

On the one hand, Jamie is a unique character that I can honestly say I haven't played too often before. On the other hand, Funny DOES have more thought into her (at the moment at least), and I can always turn Crazy Train into a sentient Stand if I want.

This is gonna require a big think.
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-19-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    - C.S. Lewis

Everyone, I've made a minor change to the Stand profile that I would like you all to incorporate.

Stand
    Name: (Must be a musical reference, whether a song, band, or artist)
    Appearance:
    Stand Ability: (These will be scrutinized heavily so please be creative, get weird with it, and try not to blatantly power game)
    Conditions/Drawbacks: (Limits of your stand's abilities and how they are activated)

Destructive Power (POW): 00 (A stand's strength and its ability's damage potential)
    Speed (SPD): 00 (SPD, AGI, and how quickly its abilities can activate)
    Range (RGE): 00 (The distance a stand can manifest from its user as well as the area of effect of its abilities)
    Persistence (PST): 00 (The length of time a stand's ability can be maintained and its recharge rate)
    Precision (PRC): 00 (The accuracy of a stand and its ability)
    Much like the Stand Ability, you can be as creative as you like when it comes to the conditions/drawback/limits (does not have to be all three, btw) as JoJo is, as I've mentioned before, all about the off-the-wall stuff.

Extraordinary Member

I've added in the new thing. Not sure If what I put is enough though

Submitting Stats and Stand for a final review

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Talent/Skills:

- Makeup, wardrobe and set dressing: Suzie's design sense and skill in cosmetics and costuming are at a professional level, such that, given enough time to prepare and the proper materials, she can make a client disappear into somebody else's look, or make a hallway into a hotel room.
    - Has a decent, if unconventional singing voice - but good luck prying it out of her

Other:

- Her knowledge of Farsi is essentially nonexistent, being the 3rd generation in a line of landed immigrants
    - Despite the image used in this profile, she doesn't smoke - though she does drink on occasion

Strength (STR): 00
    Speed (SPD): 00
    Agility (AGI): 01
    Durability (DUR): 00
    Resistance (RST): 00
    Willpower (WIL): 00
    Perception (PER): 02
    Martial Arts (ART): 00
    Skill (SKI): 03 (Makeup, Wardrobe, Set Dressing)

[Total = 6]

Stand

Jigsaw Feeling (ref. Siouxie and the Banshees)

(Source: Vetala, SMT III)

Stand Ability:

1) Switch: Suzie can store an item or a portion of it inside of Jigsaw Feeling's body. While contained in the Stand's body, this singular item is preserved in stasis, in the condition in which it was first obtained. The target can be stored in suspension for about 6 hours (per PST stat) before it must be restored in its original place or otherwise expelled.

If Suzie uses Jigsaw Feeling's ability on herself, she can store her body within her stand, granting her temporary, localized intangibility at the cost of all mobility for 6 seconds (per PST stat).

Destructive Power (POW): A [41]
    Speed (SPD): C [21]
    Range (RGE): D [11]
    Persistence (PST): C [21]
    Precision (PRC): B [31]

[Total = 125]

Development Potential (PNT): A [50/50 remaining]

Conditions/Drawbacks: (Limits of your stand's abilities and how they are activated)

- Jigsaw Feeling can only store a single item or a portion of a substance at a time
    - This single item or portion cannot exceed her POW stat in Kg plus Suzie's mass (currently 41 POW + 52 Kg = 93 kg, approx. 206 lbs)
    - The item must be expelled or returned before the ability can be used again.
    - When storing a living being, the single-item condition is dependent on what the target feels is indispensable.
    - For example: clothes, accessories, etc. remain so long as the target isn't overly conscious of them as being extraneous to their person.
    - Somebody abjectly afraid of something like a pursuant swarm of bugs will not be stored with them.
    - Somebody being bristlingly aware of something exclusive to their person, like a delicious sandwich nobody else can have or an active grenade, will not be able to carry it with them into Jigsaw Feeling as an accessory
    - Effective Range is currently 13 feet (Approx. 4 metres) from Suzie's position