Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

All right. Took a little extra time because a few people still had things to discuss, but here we go. Approved means... well, approved, and pending means that a few corrections are needed before a complete approval.

Note: if the quoted profile I pull these from is not the updated one, then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian
    Needs an age and DOB since Johannes does possess a copy of everyone's birth certificates. If you want to keep her age a mystery to the cast then just message me.
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra Johansson
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Miguel Foster
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Giuseppe Gionata Zeppeli
    Considering what you've told me about your Stand idea, you need to update your profile to reflect that
    >Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Dafydd Pender
    You have one more Stand User point left. Also, in order for WCMTWS's Void effect to cause damage by the force of stoppage, it will require a point in POW.
    >Pending

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie Zee
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Lucy Lennon
    Like Cthulhu, I will need her place of birth which you can message me with to keep up the mystery. Also, her stand ability needs a condition.
    >Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Touou Hyou
    ... and it's gone. If you'd want, feel free to message me and we can work out your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    spoilers:
    Kilroy Was Here
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie Valentine
    Need to clarify what the SKI stat is measuring
    >Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John Goode
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wen Jinghu
    >Approved

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris Kuvalda
    So is Big Time a towering figure? Nothing wrong with that, but I just need to know. Also, how does it activate its ability?
    >Pending

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    AMON
    >Approved
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 12-02-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You have one more Stand User point left. Also, in order for WCMTWS's Void effect to cause damage by the force of stoppage, it will require a point in POW.
    >Pending
    We get 125, right?

My maths says: 41 + 12 + 41 + 31 = 125?

My profile specifically says targets of The Void take no damage from the process of being stopped, so I'm not sure what you're referring to?

It might be poor wording on my part; if Dafydd cancels someone's momentum as they are jumping over a pit or something, then they would take damage from the ensuing fall into said pit. If he targets a person's foot as they are running down some stairs, they will likely trip and will take some damage from falling down the stairs but the actual act of stoppage doesn't cause any damage in of itself.

Happy to tweak at your direction if it's not street legal or whatever.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I should be working, instead I made this. I figured that Wen might have painted something right after she recovered from the Night Fever and that it might have looked something like this.

Attachment 102755

Note that I'm no artist, so assume it was done hastily like writing down a dream before the memory of it faded away. Look close for the hidden image behind the art.
    Is that Johannes in a different profile/viewpoint underneath all that?

We get 125, right?

My maths says: 41 + 12 + 41 + 31 = 125?

My profile specifically says targets of The Void take no damage from the process of being stopped, so I'm not sure what you're referring to?

It might be poor wording on my part; if Dafydd cancels someone's momentum as they are jumping over a pit or something, then they would take damage from the ensuing fall into said pit. If he targets a person's foot as they are running down some stairs, they will likely trip and will take some damage from falling down the stairs but the actual act of stoppage doesn't cause any damage in of itself.

It sounds like you're good as far as the stand goes, given you're not actually trying to directly damage anyone with The Void.

Yun's just pointing out that your Dafydd himself has an extra point to put somewhere.

Starting Stat Points: 6

Dafydd's Current Stat Points: 5 [ 2 (STR) + 1 (SPD) + 0 (AGI) + 1 (DUR) + 2 (RES) - 1 (WIL) - 1 (PER) + 0 (ART) + 1 (SKI)]
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-02-2020 at 05:26 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

It sounds like you're good as far as the stand goes, given you're not actually trying to directly damage anyone with The Void.

Yun's just pointing out that your Dafydd himself has an extra point to put somewhere.

Starting Stat Points: 6

Dafydd's Current Stat Points: 5 [ 2 (STR) + 1 (SPD) + 0 (AGI) + 1 (DUR) + 2 (RES) - 1 (WIL) - 1 (PER) + 0 (ART) + 1 (SKI)]
    Oh the user! Gotcha, right! Poor reading comprehension on my part.

Okay... I'll drop that into DUR then. Make him a bit more hardwearing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Looked, and Giuseppe and Jamie both have named mothers (Chiara Zeppeli for Giuseppe and Helen Hall for Jamie).
    It was late, I should have looked closer. Thanks for the info, I'll add it.

Once more information is available, and I feel up to doing it, I'll make a more detailed Family Tree.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-02-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Is that Johannes in a different profile/viewpoint underneath all that?

Good eye. Yes that is him though on second thought I should have just used the eyes. The feelings I was aiming for was mixed emotions, confusion, and a sense of someone peering out from the darkness.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-02-2020 at 06:16 AM.

I should be working, instead I made this. I figured that Wen might have painted something right after she recovered from the Night Fever and that it might have looked something like this.

Attachment 102755

Note that I'm no artist, so assume it was done hastily like writing down a dream before the memory of it faded away. Look close for the hidden image behind the art.
    I created another version of this painting. Hopefully this one is slightly better.

Wens Painting 5.jpg

Yeah, with that bit of clarification, it works.

The way I read it on the profile made it seem like the sudden stop in momentum could possibly cause some damage.

Yeah, with that bit of clarification, it works.

The way I read it on the profile made it seem like the sudden stop in momentum could possibly cause some damage.
    Happy to amend for clarity if you like? Indicate the section that caused confusion and I'll try and make it more clear.

Happy to amend for clarity if you like? Indicate the section that caused confusion and I'll try and make it more clear.
    Nah, it's good after you mentioned that.

Dai is Approved

If Stands reflect the psychology of the Users, we have a very interesting group here.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

If Stands reflect the psychology of the Users, we have a very interesting group here.
    I never got around to putting it on (metaphorical) paper, but I was toying with the idea of Hyou's stand not being his original stand; she was instead a literal* guardian angel that slew and took his original stand's place after it (the original stand) nearly killed him (and completely ruined him physically, thereby explaining the -1s in every physical stat and martial arts).

Aegis, the guardian angel, actively hates Hyou's guts (for understandable reasons), but has no choice but to perform the duty she's been forced into. At one point I was considering the bond between user and stand being one way, but felt it more interesting to keep it as it normal, with the exception that Aegis has absolutely no compulsion to follow Hyou's commands, even ones made for the purpose of self-preservation.

*Literal in the sense that whatever agency/force/power that brought Aegis into being considered her as such, not that she's a literal angel (Do angels even exist in Jojo proper?).
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-02-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I never got around to putting it on (metaphorical) paper, but I was toying with the idea of Hyou's stand not being his original stand; she was instead a literal* guardian angel that slew and took his original stand's place after it (the original stand) nearly killed him (and completely ruined him physically, thereby explaining the -1s in every physical stat and martial arts).

Aegis, the guardian angel, actively hates Hyou's guts (for understandable reasons), but has no choice but to perform the duty she's been forced into. At one point I was considering the bond between user and stand being one way, but felt it more interesting to keep it as it normal, with the exception that Aegis has absolutely no compulsion to follow Hyou's commands, even ones made for the purpose of self-preservation.

*Literal in the sense that whatever agency/force/power that brought Aegis into being considered her as such, not that she's a literal angel (Do angels even exist in Jojo proper?).
    That actually sounds pretty cool as a concept.

As for angels existing in JoJo, I'm pretty sure they do considering spoilers:
    Jesus is an actual plot point in part 7
    end of spoilers

Might even make for an interesting plot point if each of JJ's kids has a silent and invisible Guardian Angel on standby, but that Hyou's was forced into action as you described.

Need to clarify what the SKI stat is measuring
    >Pending
    Sorry, I thought it was clear enough with her background and other, but her SKI stat is measuring her medical skill. I can make it more obvious on her profile.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis