Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's definitely an idea I had for it. Also, Holy Diver can also do things like put flesh over the opponent's eyes to blind them, do something to their ears to deafen them, etc. It's a good utility ability to go with their punchy-punchy fighting style. If it wasn't for the (self-induced) time limit, it'd be a good healer too.

Hmmm... on that matter, do I need to have a time limit on it? Because like I said, without a time limit, it could do things like heal (non-fatal) injuries and the like.
    Persistence governs the time limit, so it's baked in by default.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Okay, I added the Conditions to my Stand. Anyone need feedback on their bios?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Persistence governs the time limit, so it's baked in by default.
    Was an actual X stat means Y given at some point? Because I've missed it if so.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Made a few changes to Bring Me The Horizon. Weren't as extensive as I feared.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Barring some deviation (to Yun's) that I'm unaware of, these stats are listed and explained on the Wiki.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    And out of curiousity, I did some research into other known "healer" Stands (Crazy Diamond, Gold Experience, and Cream Starter) and their "persistence" stats are B (Crazy Diamond), C (Gold Experience) and A (Cream Starter), and their healing abilities are seemingly permanent. And if we add in light novels, there's The Cure from GioGio's Bizarre Adventure 2: Golden Heart, Golden Ring, which has a "persistence" stat of C like Gold Experience.

Perhaps the time limit could be for "temporary" changes (disguises, things like putting flesh over eyes of opponents in combat), while permanent changes (healing, nigh-instant plastic surgery) are just that. Permanent.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Personally, I think having a condition that needs to be met for the changes to be permanent makes for a more interesting game. But it's your stand in the end

Ultimately, it's up to the discretion of the GM.

Arx Inosaan

And out of curiousity, I did some research into other known "healer" Stands (Crazy Diamond, Gold Experience, and Cream Starter) and their "persistence" stats are B (Crazy Diamond), C (Gold Experience) and A (Cream Starter), and their healing abilities are seemingly permanent. And if we add in light novels, there's The Cure from GioGio's Bizarre Adventure 2: Golden Heart, Golden Ring, which has a "persistence" stat of C like Gold Experience.

Perhaps the time limit could be for "temporary" changes (disguises, things like putting flesh over eyes of opponents in combat), while permanent changes (healing, nigh-instant plastic surgery) are just that. Permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Personally, I think having a condition that needs to be met for the changes to be permanent makes for a more interesting game. But it's your stand in the end
    I'm going to go with Jcog here. While in-canon that might be fine due to plot, I can see a lot of potential abuse for it in-game without having some major limit or condition attached to it. At least for the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I'm going to go with Jcog here. While in-canon that might be fine due to plot, I can see a lot of potential abuse for it in-game without having some major limit or condition attached to it. At least for the beginning of the game.
    You're right. I was thinking maybe the person who wants the changes to be permanent has to drink two shots of a special liquid from Holy Diver. Thing is, that liquid has quite possibly the most horrible taste anyone has ever tasted while still technically being consumable, like it's almost on the line of "can actually be kept down". The first shot lets you know exactly what you're getting into, with the second being the one that locks it in. That way they have to be absolutely sure they want the changes to be permanent.

Or do you have an idea for a limit or condition to attach to it?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Since I've gotten a few questions on just what rank indicates for each stand stat, here's a more detailed explanation. Since I'm a particularly lazy bastard, I'm giving credit to this JoJo Amino for providing most of the crunch

NOTE: Some stats have a much wider range of what they measure and it is possible to have a stand whose rank is measured only in one part (such as if a stand has a powerful ability but is physically average, and vice-versa). If you would like to specify what one stat, in particular, focuses on, please leave an indication beside the ranking. If not, I will either A.) Assume from context or B.) Assume the stat reflects all aspects of said stat.

DESTRUCTIVE POWER (POW)
    Measures: Physical strength and ability's damage potential

Rank Indications for POW (Physical)
    X.) Can easily break the defenses of a stand with A-Rank PST (Durability)
    A.) Breaks through most metals easily
    B.) Stronger than the average human, capable of punching through metal with some effort
    C.) As strong as the average human
    D.) While not as strong as a human, can still potentially inflict harm
    E.) As strong as a human toddler
    0.) Unable to directly harm anything without assistance (or lacks a physical manifestation)

Rank Indications for POW (Stand ability)
    X.) Can potentially harm and/or kill limitlessly through proper utilization
    A.) Easily can harm and kill through its ability
    B.) Has a good chance to harm and kill an enemy through its ability
    C.) Can wound and maim although killing an enemy will take effort
    D.) Possesses the capability of wounding or maiming
    E.) While it can affect a target, its ability can, at best, only slightly injure
    0.) Unable to harm without assistance

SPEED (SPD)
    Measures: Physical speed, attack speed, reflexes, and speed of ability)

Rank Indications for SPD
    X.) Possesses the potential to go beyond the speed of light
    A.) Impressively quick, able to go from 71 mph to near speed of sound
    B.) Above average human, reaching 31-70 mph
    C.) Comparable to an average human, able to reach 12-30 mph
    D.) Below average, capable of reaching 6-11 mph
    E.) Sluggish, might be able to reach 1-5 mph with effort
    0.) Incapable of movement without outside assistance (or lacks a physical form)

RANGE (RGE)
    Measures: Distance (diameter) a stand and its abilities can manifest from the user

Rank Indications for RGE
    X.) Capable of leaving its user and going anywhere on Earth without its physical manifestation and/or abilities weakening
    A.) 151 Feet up to a mile
    B.) 41 - 150 Feet
    C.) 21 - 40 Feet
    D.) 10 - 20 Feet
    E.) 3 - 9 Feet
    0.) Incapable of leaving its user's body. This is generally for equipment/suit stands or those without physical form

PERSISTENCE (PST)
    Measures: Durability, length a stand its abilities can be maintained, and the recharge rate of stand abilities

Rank Indications for PST (Time Length)
    X.) Can outlast the user (like Notorious B.I.G.)
    A.) Can remain manifested for several days without straining the user
    B.) Can remain manifested up to 12 hours without straining the user
    C.) Can remain manifested up to 6 hours
    D.) Can manifest and remain so for an hour
    E.) Can manifest for a couple of minutes, usually just to activate their ability
    0.) Can barely manifest, appearing more as a flicker

Rank Indications for PST (Durability)
    X.) Practically immune to all physical damage, although susceptible to certain abilities and/or disease/toxins
    A.) Near perfect, able to take shots from Rank A-B POW stands
    B.) Above average, similar to stone and iron
    C.) Average, similar to human flesh and blood
    D.) Subpar, similar to semi-thick sheets of glass/ice or padded cloth
    E.) Extremely weak, with a constitution similar to brittle glass or paper
    0.) Lacks a physical form. Usually applies to ability-only stands

PRECISION (PRC)
    Measures: Accuracy of stand's physical actions and abilities and the intake of perception and information

Rank Indications for PRC
    X.) Possesses perfect reaction and accuracy
    A.) Possesses the capability of performing tasks with the precision of advanced machinery or possessing the intake of information faster than the latest supercomputers
    B.) Above average, able to take in information or react faster than a human can
    C.) Average when compared to human
    D.) Below human when it comes to the accuracy or reaction
    E.) Extremely sluggish and/or clumsy when it comes to reactions or performing tasks
    0.) Incapable of harming or affecting a target with its ability (or does not require aiming)

You're right. I was thinking maybe the person who wants the changes to be permanent has to drink two shots of a special liquid from Holy Diver. Thing is, that liquid has quite possibly the most horrible taste anyone has ever tasted while still technically being consumable, like it's almost on the line of "can actually be kept down". The first shot lets you know exactly what you're getting into, with the second being the one that locks it in. That way they have to be absolutely sure they want the changes to be permanent.

Or do you have an idea for a limit or condition to attach to it?
    I like that idea. That way if you did want to use it to inflict damage/body horror, it would require two consecutive successful "attacks" to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I like that idea. That way if you did want to use it to inflict damage/body horror, it would require two consecutive successful "attacks" to work.
    Well, I was thinking all damage/body horror in regards to the ability will be temporary, since Jamie as a person doesn't like unnecessary cruelty/violence, and permanently marring someone like that is something she'd be against. She'll temporarily do it if she has no other option, but after the fight is over/enemy is subdued, then the changes decay/revert to normal. The only changes she'll let be permanent are consensual ones, and ones that the target has to be sure of, hence the two shots of horrible liquid. That way they have to be sure to do it, so they don't just rush into something on a whim.
    - C.S. Lewis

Final update for Vivian's Stand. Just need the worldbuilding dump so I can properly fill out her bio.

Stand
    Name: Three Seed
    Appearance: N/A
    Stand Ability:

The Gateway, Wellspring -

"Wellspring from the mistakes let it take to surface
    These seeds have begun to grow
    Find your heart when it hits the ground
    Circulate the damage...
    " - [LOCKED]

Conditions/Drawbacks: At this time Vivian has no control over, or access to her Stand.

Destructive Power (POW): 41
    Speed (SPD): 42
    Range (RGE): 00
    Persistence (PST): 00
    Precision (PRC): 42

Development Potential (PNT): 50

Arx Inosaan

With the detailed info dump, I may need to rethink my Stand's stats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.