Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thanks for establishing the parameters, Yun.

Few small edits, but nothing much has changed for Suzie, and pending further review, I think I'm good to go.

Extraordinary Member

I'm wondering about that power stat.

My stand is designed to work via manipulating the enviroment, not direct attacks. I'm wondering if the power stat I gave it fits with these parameters.

All things considered, I believe I'm gonna stick with Jamie Speedwagon over Funny "Fun" Valentine. In which case I believe that she is ready for review by Yun Lao.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Night Fever
    Alongside physical destruction from the impact events and global technological disaster, the end of 2021 also brought with it a new global pandemic in what was named the Night Fever. The first outbreaks were recorded in areas close to the impact zones but quickly spread to the point where cases were reported from areas on the opposite side of the world. Its symptoms were flu-like yet doctors were baffled to find a solution to it, as no treatment affected it. Many who caught it would perish, their bodies seemingly attacking themselves until vital organs shut down and those who survived developed paranoia and anxiety with some mentioning that they always felt watched.

While there was never a cure or treatment found for Night Fever, it seems to vanish on its own and only becomes noticeable among the population every so often. It was during the latest flare-up that your characters caught it.
    Is the date of the latest flare-up of Night Fever going to be described in the soon-to-come A Bizarre New World lore segment, or is it separate (in which case, when was it)?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmm... based on this info dump, I will re-spec WCMTWS.

As I do so, questions in light of that breakdown, Yun.

1) Regarding speed, Dafydd's Stand doesn't really move that much under its own power. It's effectively an equipment type stand that can float in place or be manipulated physically by Dafydd. I have intended its ability to activate pretty much intensely once Dafydd wills it and grabs it. Does that mean I should have it's Speed at B or A? Looking at it, it seems that Stand "reactions"/activation are under Precision? But then WCMTSW technically isn't "reacting" per say? Where would you advise me putting my points?

2) Most stands are capable of interacting with objects and their users to some degree, Star Platinum getting objects for Jotaro etc, I assume this sort of thing doesn't count as an additional ability?

Some of my inspiration for Genesis' ability comes from the short manga Genkaku Picasso, one I'd highly recommend.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm wondering about that power stat.

My stand is designed to work via manipulating the enviroment, not direct attacks. I'm wondering if the power stat I gave it fits with these parameters.
    The power stat in your case is going to determine how strong of a magnetic pull Miracles can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Is the date of the latest flare-up of Night Fever going to be described in the soon-to-come A Bizarre New World lore segment, or is it separate (in which case, when was it)?
    It will be in the lore-dump since something new has occurred with the lastest wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm... based on this info dump, I will re-spec WCMTWS.

As I do so, questions in light of that breakdown, Yun.

1) Regarding speed, Dafydd's Stand doesn't really move that much under its own power. It's effectively an equipment type stand that can float in place or be manipulated physically by Dafydd. I have intended its ability to activate pretty much intensely once Dafydd wills it and grabs it. Does that mean I should have it's Speed at B or A? Looking at it, it seems that Stand "reactions"/activation are under Precision? But then WCMTSW technically isn't "reacting" per say? Where would you advise me putting my points?

2) Most stands are capable of interacting with objects and their users to some degree, Star Platinum getting objects for Jotaro etc, I assume this sort of thing doesn't count as an additional ability?
    1.) When it comes to Reaction/Reflex, both Speed and Precision control one half of it. Precision governs the mental aspect of reaction, as in how much information one can take in within a split second (much like the Sharingan) while Speed controls the physical aspects of reacting. Judging by your current point spread, I would say that if you are going by the description of The Void, I would drop Range down to D or C-Rank and up Precision under the logic (this is my logic, so mileage may vary) that it would need to sense motion in order to stop it. If not Precision then perhaps under Power depending on the amount of force you'd like We Can Make The World Stop to be able to stop.

2.) Nah. I won't be that stingy and make you all use points for that.

Extraordinary Member

I've edited my stats

I tweaked it as much as I can for now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I've tweaked and edited my Stand stats (a 33 in POW and SPD, a 22 in PST, and a 32 in PRC), and changed Jamie's birth/given/dead name from James to Scott. But yeah, I believe that I'm happy with the important parts of Jamie's character sheet. Might change some of the minor things (likes/dislikes, other), but other than that, I'm good to go.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

tweaked Big Time's stats. So now it's 41 in pow, 31 in speed, 31 in Persistence , 21 in Precision and 1 in range
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Hmm...

Phantom Blood = Stone Mask
    Battle Tendency = Red Stone of Aja
    Stardust Crusaders = Hand Plate
    Diamond is Unbreakable = Peace Sign
    Vento Aureo = Ladybug
    Stone Ocean = Butterfly Pendant
    Steel Ball Run = Horseshoe with Golden Rectangle
    JojoLion = Anchor

Bizarre New World = Broken Heart and Infinity Gauntlet

That's not terrifying at all

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

So, I realize that due to typing/writing this off of no sleep means this draft is pretty guaranteed to be nuclear garbage, but I'd still appreciate someone going through this and pointing out where and how its garbage so I have a guide on where to start sanity checking what I posted when I get home from work to-

*checks time*

-some hours from now.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    So, I realize that due to typing/writing this off of no sleep means this draft is pretty guaranteed to be nuclear garbage, but I'd still appreciate someone going through this and pointing out where and how its garbage so I have a guide on where to start sanity checking what I posted when I get home from work to-

*checks time*

-some hours from now.
    Between their respective weakspots, Hyou and Dafydd make up one competent person haha.

Also, I felt I safe in biggest boi with 6'8" but you've outdone me on this occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The power stat in your case is going to determine how strong of a magnetic pull Miracles can produce.

It will be in the lore-dump since something new has occurred with the lastest wave.

1.) When it comes to Reaction/Reflex, both Speed and Precision control one half of it. Precision governs the mental aspect of reaction, as in how much information one can take in within a split second (much like the Sharingan) while Speed controls the physical aspects of reacting. Judging by your current point spread, I would say that if you are going by the description of The Void, I would drop Range down to D or C-Rank and up Precision under the logic (this is my logic, so mileage may vary) that it would need to sense motion in order to stop it. If not Precision then perhaps under Power depending on the amount of force you'd like We Can Make The World Stop to be able to stop.

2.) Nah. I won't be that stingy and make you all use points for that.
    Okay, have tweaked WCMTWS based on this:

Destructive Power (POW): 00 - N/A
    Speed (SPD): 41 - A
    Range (RGE): 12 - D
    Persistence (PST): 41 - A
    Precision (PRC): 31 - B

Have committed to the zero power model, lowered range and amped Speed, Persistence and Precision. As a result WCMTWS has no effectively no physical presence to anyone except Dafydd himself and other stands. It cannot interact with other objects any more.

As before it's momentum resetting ability has no ability to inflict harm in of itself but the results of resetting said momentum at an opportune moment might have consequence that lead to harm.