Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I'm also good.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

How do stop your brain from giving you bad ideas?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    No cure, you'll have to amputate

If you find out, tell me.

It's given me both an idea for a new character that's basically this universe's Foo Fighters and several different ideas for Jamie and her Stand. Not so much its power, but how it works and the like.
    Last edited by The Dog; 12-09-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I had an idea for a stand, which started to turn a little twisted the more I thought about it. Perhaps it might work for an antagonist, if it had been for one of the children of JJ then that person would have probably ended up as the one to turn against the others.

This is the kind of thing I decided to leave to Yun.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Convince yourself that it is, in fact, actually a pretty good idea that operates through a process of logic internal to itself?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Convince yourself that it is, in fact, actually a pretty good idea that operates through a process of logic internal to itself?
    I've done just that...

Unfortunately, now I have a character I'd like to play in the game in the form of the BNW-verse Foo Fighters, a hive mind colony of zooplankton mutated by Ocasek 678 meteor strike who wants to learn about herself, the world, and her place in it. She's also inhabiting/controlling the body of a deceased woman named Joanne Cujoh (though who killed the woman or where Foo Fighters found the body is a mystery to everyone but me) and is using her identity.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I've done just that...

Unfortunately, now I have a character I'd like to play in the game in the form of the BNW-verse Foo Fighters, a hive mind colony of zooplankton mutated by Ocasek 678 meteor strike who wants to learn about herself, the world, and her place in it. She's also inhabiting/controlling the body of a deceased woman named Joanne Cujoh (though who killed the woman or where Foo Fighters found the body is a mystery to everyone but me) and is using her identity.
    Uh...so don't take this the wrong way, but that sounds like you'd just be transplanting Foo Fighters almost directly from part 6 into play-by-post form.

You've already developed Jaime this far, what makes you think a more or less direct expy is a better route to take than committing to an original character?
    Last edited by grampagen; 12-10-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Uh...so don't take this the wrong way, but that sounds like you'd just be transplanting Foo Fighters almost directly from part 6 into play-by-post form.

You've already developed Jaime this far, what makes you think a more or less direct expy is a better route to take than committing to an original character?
    Reason why I said "like to" instead of "want to" is because I'm almost certainly going to stick with Jamie. As mentioned in an earlier post on this page, I have ideas for her as well as my 'expy' of Foo Fighters.

And since I'm most likely going to stick with Jamie, I'll explain my plans with this. Her arc was going to largely be a murder mystery involving discovering the identity of Joanne's murderer. Joanne was a marine biologist studying the changes caused in aquatic life by the Ocasek 678 meteor strike, and one of her subjects was the zooplankton colony who would be known as Foo Fighters (the plankton colony getting the name because Joanne found it enjoyed the band's music). 'Foo Fighters', thanks to the meteor, has human-level intelligence, and during the time being studied becomes fond of the marine biologist, even considering the woman its friend.

Unfortunately, one day while working at studying the plankton, she's attacked by a stranger with a distinctive feature (a strange limp, extra digits, unique tattoo, something like that) and is stabbed to death in the back. Angry at seeing their friend killed, Foo Fighters manages to get to Joanne's body and takes it over, intent on finding the murderer while also learning everything. The plankton start using the 'she/her' pronouns to better hide as Joanne, and heads to the Joestar mansion to keep up the disguise up as well as see if they know anything. And its their that Foo Fighters gets a Stand, which she believes was originally going to be Joanne's Stand but is now hers due to the fact she inhabits the woman's body.

She would also be the one to get shot, stabbed, sliced up, etc. to prove the danger of an enemy and their natural abilities/Stand, because FF's Stand would let her basically heal her body good as new regardless of what's done to it.

And as I mentioned Jamie ideas, I had a stupid idea of making Jamie's birth/male name Dior Brando. And as I've been thinking/planning to make Holy Diver basically be the Stand version of D.I.D., he takes all of Jamie's negative emotions and thoughts in his creation/formation, and basically becomes a Stand with the personality of Dio. He eventually speaks about some of this (not the being a Stand with the personality of Dio) using the nickname Dio with his name still being Holy Diver, though being with Jamie has tempered his personality and made him less murderously evil. Though still a dick.

Something else I had in mind that could work with the above is that Holy Diver is an "Act" stand like Echoes or Tusk, with each "Act" being the result of Jamie willingly unlocking more and more of the Stand's true potential. Though instead of using "Holy Diver Act 1" naming scheme, each "Act" is a different song from the discography of Ronnie James Dio.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I had an idea for a stand, which started to turn a little twisted the more I thought about it. Perhaps it might work for an antagonist, if it had been for one of the children of JJ then that person would have probably ended up as the one to turn against the others.

This is the kind of thing I decided to leave to Yun.
    As for me I don't have another Idea for a Stand User.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Reason why I said "like to" instead of "want to" is because I'm almost certainly going to stick with Jamie. As mentioned in an earlier post on this page, I have ideas for her as well as my 'expy' of Foo Fighters.

And since I'm most likely going to stick with Jamie, I'll explain my plans with this. Her arc was going to largely be a murder mystery involving discovering the identity of Joanne's murderer. Joanne was a marine biologist studying the changes caused in aquatic life by the Ocasek 678 meteor strike, and one of her subjects was the zooplankton colony who would be known as Foo Fighters (the plankton colony getting the name because Joanne found it enjoyed the band's music). 'Foo Fighters', thanks to the meteor, has human-level intelligence, and during the time being studied becomes fond of the marine biologist, even considering the woman its friend.

Unfortunately, one day while working at studying the plankton, she's attacked by a stranger with a distinctive feature (a strange limp, extra digits, unique tattoo, something like that) and is stabbed to death in the back. Angry at seeing their friend killed, Foo Fighters manages to get to Joanne's body and takes it over, intent on finding the murderer while also learning everything. The plankton start using the 'she/her' pronouns to better hide as Joanne, and heads to the Joestar mansion to keep up the disguise up as well as see if they know anything. And its their that Foo Fighters gets a Stand, which she believes was originally going to be Joanne's Stand but is now hers due to the fact she inhabits the woman's body.

She would also be the one to get shot, stabbed, sliced up, etc. to prove the danger of an enemy and their natural abilities/Stand, because FF's Stand would let her basically heal her body good as new regardless of what's done to it.

And as I mentioned Jamie ideas, I had a stupid idea of making Jamie's birth/male name Dior Brando. And as I've been thinking/planning to make Holy Diver basically be the Stand version of D.I.D., he takes all of Jamie's negative emotions and thoughts in his creation/formation, and basically becomes a Stand with the personality of Dio. He eventually speaks about some of this (not the being a Stand with the personality of Dio) using the nickname Dio with his name still being Holy Diver, though being with Jamie has tempered his personality and made him less murderously evil. Though still a dick.

Something else I had in mind that could work with the above is that Holy Diver is an "Act" stand like Echoes or Tusk, with each "Act" being the result of Jamie willingly unlocking more and more of the Stand's true potential. Though instead of using "Holy Diver Act 1" naming scheme, each "Act" is a different song from the discography of Ronnie James Dio.
    This might work as a oneshot AU where the story revolves around a single character, but the format of an RPG campaign may not be the place for it.

This might work as a oneshot AU where the story revolves around a single character, but the format of an RPG campaign may not be the place for it.
    I'm gonna assume you mean this in regards to the first idea regarding BNW Foo Fighter, and not the two for Jamie. But either way, that's a fair point, and I can see where you're coming from.

Good thing it was more of a random idea I'd like to do and not something I had set my heart on doing.
    - C.S. Lewis

Gula

Full Name

Gula Shirogane / Shirogane Gula (白金 Gula)

Date of Birth (Age)

2020-02-29 (23)

Gender / Sex

Female

Height/Weight

5'9" / 138 lbs

Race (Ethnicity)

Caucasian/Japanese (American)

Place of Birth

New York, New York

Background

For most of her life, Aunt Acedia was the only family Gula knew; her mother (Luxuria) had succumbed to Night Fever during its initial outbreak, her father (Johannes) had - from what Acedia managed to (mis)understand of her youngest sister's fleeting ramblings- all but abandoned her and her maternal grandparents- still incensed from Acedia's first attempt to reinherit what had been (rightfully) divested from her and thoroughly convinced that her claiming of Gula as her late sister's child was the beginnings of a second attempt- had vowed to disavow her very existence for as long as she remained Acedia's dependent, deferring devisal of her share of the estate until she reached the age of majority.

Whether through providence or the devil's own luck, Gula managed to survive the series of hardships that was her unaccompanied yet undaunted aunt's idea of 'care'. As an acknowledgement of- or perhaps apology for- her having to deal with the pariah of the family for so long, her first meeting with another member of her family was with the very last person she- or anyone- would ever have expected:

~Shirogane Zetsurin (白金 絶倫)~

Her grandfather, current head of the Shirogane clan, and one of the few on the planet currently in the Trillionaire's club.

Though he still refused to speak to or even acknowledge Acedia herself, both time and several investigations into the matter had proven that Gula was in fact not the progeny of tainted blood, and was therefore worthy of the same endowment that all non-disgraced members of his lineage were entitled to. And so it was in that moment- the space between the end of February and the start of March- that Gula went from middle class to myriath percent.

Even now, five years later and on her way to potentially receive another inheritance, she still hasn't quite adjusted to having the first.

Personality

Simple-minded yet industrious (if easily resigned). Obsessed with eating good and eating a lot as a response to years of settling for neither. Cavalier towards those in between her and something she wants. An urge to be useful at times makes her easily persuaded and very gung-ho about the thing she's been talked into. Generally cheerful and upbeat. Prone to hugs and glomping

Food, Having people on her side that can help her make a difference the only way she currently can, Volunteering

Dislikes

All-you-can-eat joints that don't let you eat all that you can, False Smiles, Hunger, Not getting what she wants on the few occasions she actually wants something specific, People who mess with her family/friends

Notable Flaw

Highly impulsive, especially when it comes to food or helping people she cares about. Thankfully, relatively careful and strict money management and lack of dangerous ambitions (or friends possessed of said ambitions) prevent her from causing too much damage. Well, relative to what would otherwise be possible, anyway.

Martial Art

n/a

Talent/Skill

Homemaking

Other

~90 percent of her disposable income goes to fund A World Without Hunger, an organization she founded immediately after her endowment was settled to fight what she considers the world's greatest menace~

~90 percent of what's left goes to various other charitable organizations, based on the advice of her followers and KnS Wealth Management - who has managed her finances since the day they were set aside to eventually become her finances~

~90 percent of what remains after that is reserved for emergencies and special projects~

~The remnants which remain after even that is what she uses for her day-to-day transactions~

~Uses the handle Glorious Glutton on social media, where her many posts showing her love of food have garnered her a massive following. A positive reaction from her of your restaurant's food is enough to revitalize your establishment even if it's on the very brink of collapse, while nothing save an egregious health violation can doom your establishment faster than receiving a negative reaction~

~Was once on an internationally circulated blacklist of individuals not allowed at eating competitions or all-you-can-eat buffets before the Gluttonous Army got wind of it and made... persuasive arguments for her removal from it~

Gula's Stats
    STR SPD AGI
    +01 ±00 ±00
    DUR RST WIL
    ±00 +05 -01
    PER ART SKI
    +01 -01 +01

Ravenous

Stand Type

Integrated Phenomenon (Sentient)

Manifestation

You're Not You When You're Hungry

Unlike most stands, Ravenous doesn't appear as an entity near or behind Gula; its manifestation causes Gula to transform into an extremely omnivorous humanoid abomination nearly eight feet tall. Whenever Gula is in this Ravenous form,she acts in an instinctive an almost beastial manner, aiming first and foremost to satisfy any hunger she may have, and then towards any other goals she had pre-transformation. Unless the transformation triggers from Gula actually starving, she can still be reasoned with, though a strong sense of apathy towards anything that's not food or her pre-transformation goals makes it surprisingly difficult to reason with the Ravenous form. If the transformation does trigger from Gula starving, it's advised that individuals in the area vacate said area as quickly yet quietly as possible; while it's possible and perhaps likely that she will recognize and refrain from trying to eat people and things she recognizes, it's unfortunately not a guarantee and taking your chances may very well end up you becoming a meal.

Manifested Height/Weight

7'8" / 327 lbs

Ability Theme

Consumption

Initial Stand Ability

Eat It

Whether the primary mouth on her face or the mouths on the palms of her hands and soles of her feet, Ravenous can and will (if given the opportunity) ingest anything that can she can physically interact with, provided she can survive contact with it long enough to bite into it or grasp it with one of the mouth's tongues. Regardless of what the ingested entity is or is made of, the extradimensional space the mouths lead to acts upon it immediately on entry, converting it (if possible) into nourishment for Ravenous- staving off the eternal hunger, for a time at least.

While Ravenous can - and will - eat pretty much anything that can fit into her many mouths, doing so isn't necessarily good for her. Consuming anything that isn't actually considered food (food in this case referring to living- or formerly living- matter, other stands, and tangible stand abilities) does nothing to satisfy Ravenous's hunger. Attempting to eat something too tough/durable for her to destroy/kill quickly makes her hungrier and may potentially cause her to regurgitate the consumed item or suffer damage from it should said item be too 'spicy' for her body to hold.

Each of Ravenous's tongues can extend to the distance specified in her Range stat; her mouths themselves can only consume objects in chunks equal in size or smaller than what a Range stat a full grade lower than her own would specify. At her current Range stat, this means Ravenous's tongues can extend up to 4 1/3 feet and her mouths can consume objects no larger than half a foot across.

Potential Future Abilities

~Devour~

~Did You Bring Enough For The Whole Class?~

~God Tongue~

~Inhale~

~You Are What You Eat~

Ravenous's Stats
    PNT POW
    50 (A) 41 (A)
    SPD PRC
    31 (B) 00 (0)
    RGE PST
    03 (E) 50 (A)
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-29-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Now that's scary. Maybe more so than my idea.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Now that's scary. Maybe more so than my idea.
    I'm sure there's plenty enough to eat that Ravenous doesn't have to start tearing into the Emergency Rations.