Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Hmm if a Stand is called Big Time what would be it's ability? Do I base it's ability off of Peter Gabriel's Song?
    From my research apparently you don't have to. It can be almost anything.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hmm if a Stand is called Big Time what would be it's ability? Do I base it's ability off of Peter Gabriel's Song?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    From my research apparently you don't have to. It can be almost anything.
    Like Tami said, you don't have to tie in the ability to the naming theme. Sure, you get kudos for being able to do so, but it's not required. JoJo powers tend to be wacky, off-the-wall things that prove to be deadly when used correctly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Like Tami said, you don't have to tie in the ability to the naming theme. Sure, you get kudos for being able to do so, but it's not required. JoJo powers tend to be wacky, off-the-wall things that prove to be deadly when used correctly.
    My power is tied into the lyrics of the song I used XD

Retired Overlord

Ok, last draft of my PC is up. Take a look yall and give me your burning critisims.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5229572

Options for Big Time's ability thinking off.

Size Enhancement: The power to increase the size of target.

Kinetic Growth: The power to grow by absorbing kinetic force.

Molecular Fractal Discharge: The power to trigger nuclear detonation via molecular expansion

Stagnation: The ability to cause anything to remain unchanged so it either doesn't evolve or devolve.

Quality Enhancement: The ability to enhance the quality of things

Flaw Enhancement: The power to enhance/magnify flaws.

Inorganic Duplication

Exaggeration: The ability to do super things through normal acts.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Options for Big Time's ability thinking off.

Size Enhancement: The power to increase the size of target.

Kinetic Growth: The power to grow by absorbing kinetic force.

Molecular Fractal Discharge: The power to trigger nuclear detonation via molecular expansion

Stagnation: The ability to cause anything to remain unchanged so it either doesn't evolve or devolve.

Quality Enhancement: The ability to enhance the quality of things

Flaw Enhancement: The power to enhance/magnify flaws.

Inorganic Duplication

Exaggeration: The ability to do super things through normal acts.
    Aside from the nuclear discharges, exaggeration, and stagnation, those ideas seem all right.

Question is, do you find any of those abilities to be fun? Are any of those powers the foundation you want to base your character on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The answer to all questions here is effectively yes. You can be one-on-one focussed or crowd control, though those will have very different stat builds.

The conceptual idea of Jojos and Stand Battles is like... simple in concept but with a lot flexibility for chess like matches of wits against a similarly wily opponent. You want specificity of a single concept but also with a certain amount of flexibility.

At the high end abilities are rewriting the universe and overriding physical laws of reality and **** but we'll be a long way from that.
    Of course, you can go the other direction into **** abilities like Cheap Trick (which kills you if anyone sees your back as it transfers to that person), Superfly (which forces you to live in an electrical pylon that turns you to steel if you're the only one in it and try to leave), and Notorious B.I.G. (which, while powerful, requires the master to DIE to activate). Then there's Hey Ya, which is basically having someone around you to cheer you on and maybe give you some advice (though it, but not the master, can see into the future to an extent), and Survivor, which even the manga considers to be the weakest stand, as it's a stand that makes people slightly more aggressive.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

My personal recommendation would go to Size Enhancement.

It's a very flexible ability.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Think I'm about done with Sandra. Give her a look Yun when you can.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Aside from the nuclear discharges, exaggeration, and stagnation, those ideas seem all right.

Question is, do you find any of those abilities to be fun? Are any of those powers the foundation you want to base your character on?
    Well, nuclear discharges, exaggeration, and stagnation could be fun, but over power base on their capabilities. I say either Size Enhancement or Kinetic Growth are the foundation my character is based on.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Well, nuclear discharges, exaggeration, and stagnation could be fun, but over power base on their capabilities. I say either Size Enhancement or Kinetic Growth are the foundation my character is based on.
    As I said earlier, I think Size Enhancement is the best choice. Tons of different stuff you could do with that power

A'ight. Vivian's as done as she gets.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

No real plans to play, but I thought I'd just dust off my old entry to another JoJo game from Pantaloonacy.

AMON
    Date of Birth: ??/??/????
    Species: Emperor Penguin
    Place of Birth: Antarctic
    Appearance: see image (penguin with an ice-spear)
    Weight/Height: 50 lbs/4 feet tall

Personality: Amon is a relatively stoic character. Unable to speak, but fiercely intelligent for his species, he seems to have an easy understanding of human speech and mannerisms. However, he still takes a simple approach to most situations, trusting his innate power and reflexes to carry him through a situation, rather than plan out complicated battle tactics.

Dislikes: fish

Background: A penguin discovered by an early expedition to the Antarctic, he defended his territory and flock from predators and the intrusive humans. However, it's curiosity got the better of him when one human attempted to communicate with him. Knocked out with tranquilizer darts when he was distracted, he was dragged back to America for study. However, he easily managed to escape when he became lucid enough, and ended up in the Florida marshlands. There, he adapted to life in the wilds, but cautiously observed human civilization from afar.

Eventually, his curiosity turned to wanderlust, and after getting bored of Florida (and a little tired of the heat), he decided to trek elsewhere, heading generally north and west, mostly following the course of rivers. Eventually, he meanders his way into encounters with other Stand users. Unable to help himself, he is intrigued enough to approach them.

Talent/Skills: Surprising adaptability and understanding of humans, expert fisher even by penguin standards.

Strength (STR): 00
    Speed (SPD): 00 on land, 3 in the water
    Agility (AGI): 00 on land, 3 in the water
    Durability (DUR): 00
    Resistance (RST): 00
    Willpower (WIL): 00
    Perception (PER): 00
    Martial Arts (ART): 03, Extended Beak - spear techniques paired with pecking attacks
    Skill (SKI): 03

NOTE: Players will start off with (6) points for their Stand Users. Each stat caps at 5 and upgrades will be rarer for users, so use them wisely. Players can also reduce a stat to -01 for a bonus point, but be aware of potential consequences.

INTO THE BLUE
    Appearance: A spear made of blue ice.
    Stand Ability: The blade has the ability to sever spacetime, allowing the creation of space warp portals into a pocket dimension (The Blue) and the ability to slice through anything. In this regard, it functions similar to Cream's cutting/dimension dump power. However, it can also be used to store objects. The spear cannot be thrown, as it vanishes the moment Amon lets go of it, meaning the attack is purely in melee range, with the spear being only four feet long. Consequently, however, the spear can effectively never be knocked out of his grasp, as that causes it to vanish and reappear in his fin at will.

Destructive Power (POW): A (50), potentially X
    Speed (SPD): C (25)
    Range (RGE): 0 (00)
    Persistence (PST): C (25)
    Precision (PRC): C (25)

Development Potential (PNT): 50
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.

So, I've been planning my character, and I've currently got 3 ideas for a Stand.

1) This alternate universe's version of the Stand 「Bad Company」, because... well, because I really like that Stand, and I like the song its named after. I've already got ideas for how to master the Stand (hint: it involves improving the small soldiers, increasing their numbers, and adding some different combat vehicles).

2) A Stand gun that can shapeshift into other types of guns that can be hand-wielded by a person named 「Shoot to Thrill」. I'm thinking it has various forms including twin handguns, shotgun, etc. Up to and including a RPG-7 launcher or minigun (like from Terminator 2) as they improve its potential.

3) A standard "punch ghost"-style Stand named 「Crazy Train」 that can generate and manipulate vibrations, either as concussive blasts, into the ground to cause Earthquakes, through cutting implements like axes, swords, etc. to increase their cutting capabilities, cause nausea/pain to people by vibrating them, that kind of thing.

Not sure which one to use, so I decided to ask and see what you people think.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

In the interests of full disclosure, and to hopefully assist Yun in assessing my stat allocations I'm just going to jot down some applications for WCMTWS.

As with like all Stands, WCMTWS has a pretty simple ability that had a lot of utility to it.

Technique 2 (Never Let Me Go) is pretty self explanatory; enhanced mobility, infiltration options, escape options, stealth options. Being able to walk on the walls or ceiling has a lot of obvious uses.

Technique 1 is more flexible. I have thought of the following applications.

- Cancelling fall damage for anyone within three metres of its position. As WCMTWS completely resets the momentum of all effected objects upon activation, you could fall from any height and just reset your momentum by activating it close to the ground. Useful if the party has to jump out of a plane or off a building to effect an escape.

- Momentarily blocking all projectiles. While the area of effect stop only lasts a second, this makes it strong against bullets or other high speed non-self propelled projectiles. Dafydd isn't a bullet timer but if he throws the field up as they fire, the bullets will hit the threshold of the field and stop. Effectively he can provide intermittent defensive protection for all party members in his range. Upgrading his Persistence and Precision would allow him to provide greater periods of protection and selectively leave his allies unaffected. For clarity, no matter how long the field lasts, the momentum reset will only happen once per item. A person, for example, would be stopped but then, moment later, would be able to move freely inside the field. To effect them again, Dafydd would have to cancel the field and throw it up again. His ability is the resetting of momentum, not the cancellation of kinetic energy. He's not going to be able to freeze things in place.

- Tripping people or vehicles. While WCMTWS itself cannot inflict damage by stopping things, the impact of that stop can effect other things. By using the single target version of Technique 1, Dafydd can stop a single wheel on a car for example. While he cannot cancel the momentum of the entire vehicle, it's much too large, having a wheel suddenly abruptly halt will likely cause it to be torn off the car or the car to flip. Similarly with people, Dafydd will be using his Stand ability to stop a person's foot as they are running to cause them to trip. Obviously this all limited by his range of three metres but it's the closest thing to an offensive game WCMTWS has.

That's about what I've got in terms of my intentions. Hope that's all clear. As noted my main leveling strategy would probably revolve around Persistence, to make the effects last longer, and Precision to allow him to do more specific effects and have selective targeting in his AoE.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-14-2020 at 04:22 AM.