Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I haven't even posted my idea yet, and you've already developed a hard counter.

Are you sure you're not secretly a ninja, instead of a pirate Nik?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    I haven't even posted my idea yet, and you've already developed a hard counter.

Are you sure you're not secretly a ninja, instead of a pirate Nik?
    Pirates are ocean going thieves.

I stole the plans along with your liquor and made me getaway before the sun was up.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, I've been planning my character, and I've currently got 3 ideas for a Stand.

1) This alternate universe's version of the Stand 「Bad Company」, because... well, because I really like that Stand, and I like the song its named after. I've already got ideas for how to master the Stand (hint: it involves improving the small soldiers, increasing their numbers, and adding some different combat vehicles).

2) A Stand gun that can shapeshift into other types of guns that can be hand-wielded by a person named 「Shoot to Thrill」. I'm thinking it has various forms including twin handguns, shotgun, etc. Up to and including a RPG-7 launcher or minigun (like from Terminator 2) as they improve its potential.

3) A standard "punch ghost"-style Stand named 「Crazy Train」 that can generate and manipulate vibrations, either as concussive blasts, into the ground to cause Earthquakes, through cutting implements like axes, swords, etc. to increase their cutting capabilities, cause nausea/pain to people by vibrating them, that kind of thing.

Not sure which one to use, so I decided to ask and see what you people think.
    Lucy: Dude, I don't even exist yet.....hold off on creating a stand version of me, please.

A dearth in musical knowledge is really hurting me here.

Well, that and wanting the stand to:
    • Have a name that actually sounds like a name
    • Have it's name relate on some level to its appearance and personality
    • Have it's abilities have names that relate to each other and relate to what they do

Preliminary Inspection Go!!
    *[Note]: This is not the final inspection. This is just to check for any trends and give early criticisms and suggestions

Vivian [Cthulhu] - Looks good. I imagine you're probably waiting on details about the setting before going any further into her backstory. Stat-wise, everything looks good.

Sandra [Sub] - I see we have our Jotaro; traditional but the sky's the limit for character growth. Stats look good and I look forward to seeing how she uses her stand ability.

Miguel [Pie] - I like the stage magician gimmick and I know you'll definitely be putting it to good use. Stat-wise, I need you to list what your Skill stat will be focusing on, and also, you're short 10 points on your stand. Speaking of the stand, I am still in awe that you somehow thought up the same ability I was going to give one of the villains, so kudos to you.

Giuseppe [Ramza] - You told me in private a bit of your character, so I'll wait and see what you eventually decide on. You may want to rework his birthdate since he's currently 46 with that date, rather than 25

Dafydd [Nik] - I like Dafyyd. Seems like a likable, careful character. As for the Skill stat, yeah, all of his instruments can be covered under it. Stand stat-wise, you're short ten points (which I know you've put into Potential). Unless you're committed to being noncommittal to the game, We Can Make The World Stop and all other PC stands can only have one ability starting off. Aside from that, the abilities look good and should be interesting to see them utilized.

Suzie [Gen] - I really like Suzie and look forward to seeing how such an introvert deals with the shenanigans around her. Like Pie, I need you to specify what your Skill stat focuses on. We spoke about your stand, so your math is good and I do like it's ability.

Lucy [Sand] - Did a lot of hashing out in private, so all of that is good. Currently, the only issue I see is that your Range is past the cap. For now, just put that 1 extra point into another stat and you should be golden.

John [Jcog] - Character seems pretty solid. Since this is the first game you'll be playing on CBR, I look forward to seeing how you do. Stand ability appears useful enough, with some kudos for the meme factor. You're short ten points (which, like Nik, you've taken from potential). Put your potential back to 50 and put ten more into the other stats.

Wen [Tami] - Backstory seems solid enough, although her computer hacker skill seems to be out of place without context. I know you're still working on your stand ability, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Boris [Bruce] - Aside from a few issues, like the dwarfism being passed down from his father (because he isn't his real father, thus those genes couldn't be passed down to him), and the initial oddity of the mix of ventriloquism and the Ukrainian Mafia, I'm actually digging Boris, overall. Just change the dwarfism to his mother's genetics and he'll be good in my book. I know you're working on your stand ability, so I'll check back on that later.

Amon [Sharker] - Perfection

spoilers:
    Kilroy Was Here
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 12-01-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Dafydd [Nik] - I like Dafyyd. Seems like a likable, careful character. As for the Skill stat, yeah, all of his instruments can be covered under it. Stand stat-wise, you're short ten points (which I know you've put into Potential). Unless you're committed to being noncommittal to the game, We Can Make The World Stop and all other PC stands can only have one ability starting off. Aside from that, the abilities look good and should be interesting to see them utilized.

John [Jcog] - Character seems pretty solid. Since this is the first game you'll be playing on CBR, I look forward to seeing how you do. Stand ability appears useful enough, with some kudos for the meme factor. You're short ten points (which, like Nik, you've taken from potential). Put your potential back to 50 and put ten more into the other stats.
    It's probably not necessary now, but clarifying that Developmental Potential is not changeable at character creation on the character sheet post wouldn't exactly hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    It's probably not necessary now, but clarifying that Developmental Potential is not changeable at character creation on the character sheet post wouldn't exactly hurt.
    You're right. I mentioned it when replying to Gen, but did not update the character sheet. My apologies to everyone who might have been confused.

Regarding the User Skill Stat, are you looking for more specificity in the skill(s) listed above, or are they to be listed as a sort of slotted skill, ie:

Skill: 1) ____: [description]
    2)____ : [description]
    Stats: Skill: 02

I did shortchange her backstory, didn't go into detail. But basically Wen went to, let's say Columbia University, to study art and design. While there she took classes in Computer Science and Computer Graphics as part of her art degree. While doing so she go involved with a small group of students who were majoring in Cyber-Security. They were what could be called 'White Hat' hackers, who planned on careers in government or with computer security firms.

While hanging out with them, she learned the basics of computer hacking. She's more of a 'Grey Hat' Hacker now, she does it for fun when she's not working on her art.

This assumes a lot of course, since I'm not sure how much things have changed. I think that is part of the reason why I kept the backstory simple for now, I'm not sure what the actual situation of the world is.

Final Exam
    Last edited by Tami; 11-15-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Regarding the User Skill Stat, are you looking for more specificity in the skill(s) listed above, or are they to be listed as a sort of slotted skill, ie:

Skill: 1) ____: [description]
    2)____ : [description]
    Stats: Skill: 02
    Mostly just a generalization of what specialty they may have that you think will be useful enough to have them progress in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I did shortchange her backstory, didn't go into detail. But basically Wen went to, let's say Columbia University, to study art and design. While there she took classes in Computer Science and Computer Graphics as part of her art degree. While doing so she go involved with a small group of students who were majoring in Cyber-Security. They were what could be called 'White Hat' hackers, who planned on careers in government or with computer security firms.

While hanging out with them, she learned the basics of computer hacking. She's more of a 'Grey Hat' Hacker now, she does it for fun when she's not working on her art.

This assumes a lot of course, since I'm not sure how much things have changed. I think that is part of the reason why I kept the backstory simple for now, I'm not sure what the actual situation of the world is.
    Gotcha. I will providing those details in the next day or so.

Default Presenting the father of all current PCs (save for Amon, for obvious reasons)

[Johannes in his prime]
    Name: Johannes Montgomery Joestar
    Date of Birth: November 2nd, 1971
    Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian/American
    Place of Birth: Bangor, Maine
    Appearance:
    Like many of the Joestar lineage, Johannes is built like a semi-truck with broad shoulders and a barrel chest. Fairly muscular up until a month prior to his death, he had been the very picture of health.
    Weight/Height: 6'5" (195cm)/231lbs (105 kg)
    Personality:
    An extremely likable fellow, well-traveled and learned from a military background and a lifetime of exploration. Was well-known for his wanderlust and love of good food and drink.
    Good food, good alcohol, and good friends
    Dislikes:
    The belief that one's fate is set in stone
    Background:
    During the time of Johannes' birth, the noble background of the Joestar family had faded into little more than a secondhand memory for his grandfather. Despite his humble upbringing, it was fairly obvious that he would grow up into a man of ambition, although as of his youth, it mostly revolved around getting away from Maine. Johannes would achieve this by joining the military despite having all the qualifications for scholarship entries into various ivy league schools. By the time he completed bootcamp, the United States had entered the Gulf War and his unit was sent out into Saudi Arabia. While he had provided very little detail of his time in the military, it is clear that something happened during that time, as he came back home a changed man. No longer aimless, there was a determination behind his future actions, as if seeking out a goal that only he knew. Entering and graduating from university, he became an epidemiologist, traveling the world and studying various rare diseases, several of which he would miraculously discover the cure to which would lead to his vast fortune later on in life. It is during this period up until his retirement that he would form multiple relationships with women across the globe, most of which bearing children. While he did not actively assist in raising these children, he had clearly been keeping track of them although his reasoning for this is unknown.
    Talent/Skills:
    A man of various talents, skills, and hobbies. If one were to pick the overall one that stood out, it would be Johannes' uncanny skill of prediction.
    Other:
    His given name, Johannes, is a reference to Johannes Eckerström, lead vocalist of metal band Avatar and his middle name, Montgomery, was inspired by Monty Oum.

Strength (STR): 04*
    Speed (SPD): 02*
    Agility (AGI): 02*
    Durability (DUR): 03*
    Resistance (RST): 00*
    Willpower (WIL): 05*
    Perception (PER): 01*
    Martial Arts (ART): 03 (Various Styles)*
    Skill (SKI): 05 (Prediction)*
    *NOTE: All stats drastically dropped shortly before his death

Stand
    Name: Manowar
    Appearance: Unknown
    Stand Ability:
    Unknown, although some in hindsight believe it might have contributed to his ability to predict
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 11-14-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Change details of Boris back story.

1. His dwarfism is now passed down from his mother.

2. His mother was a ventriloquist who had connections with Ukrainian Mafia, because her uncle was one of the capos.

3. Boris was thought Ventriloquism by his mother and how to uses axes by his grand uncle.

4. Boris doesn't know his father, but he was once told by his mother that he was a man who man who accepted her despite her medical condition or he just had a thing for short stacks, and that his grand uncle has a beef with his father.

5 Boris had fallen out with his mother and grand uncle.

6 Boris worked under his grand uncle as a hitman for the Ukrainian Mafia.

7. Boris grand uncle as one of capos for the Ukrainian Mafia is the leader of a group of professional hitmen.

8 Boris grand uncle had no qualms with killing but frown upon other crimes, especially hate crimes. He would scold Boris for commit crimes such as theft.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-15-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Added a Custom Designed-by-Tami image for Genesis. Now I just need to finish up the rest of the information and stats.

I kind of rushed the image so it's a little messy, but maybe that might work with the idea I'm thinking of.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-14-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

I've edited my post to correct the stat issue. I added the ten points into Speed