Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, if I'm reading the summary correctly, every PC in this RP are half-siblings? Johannes Joestar is obviously this reality's Joseph Joestar cranked up to 11.

Stand User
    Name: Funny "Fun" Valentine
    Date of Birth: July 4th, 2015
    Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian/American
    Place of Birth: Yonkers, New York
    Appearance:

Weight/Height: 112 lbs, 5'6
    Personality: Funny "Fun" Valentine is a confident, outgoing, and friendly person who will try to make friends with anyone she meets. She also enjoys fighting with people, and considers trading blows with someone one of the best ways to truly understand someone else. She has no love of "destiny" or being "destined" to do something, preferring to make her own way through life and be the one who decides what she will do.
    Likes: Playing Guitar, Fighting, Dolphins, Shotgunning Drinks
    Dislikes: Oyster Stew, The "Napkin" Philosophy, Bullies, Snakes
    Background: The descendant of the 23rd President of the United States, Funny Valentine, she was given the name Funny due to being born on the 4th of July, causing her mother Pretoria to believe her daughter was destined to become the President of the United States when she grew up like her namesake. Unfortunately, her mother's plans for her daughter Funny (nicknamed "Fun") to become POTUS were waylaid by the three meteors fractured the country on December 21st, 2021, not long Fun turned 6. However, her mother still regularly spoke of their ancestor, in particular quoting and explaining the meaning of his motto/personal philosophy of "Taking the Napkin First". When the USA became the United Unions of the American Continents (UUAC), Pretoria Valentine decided that he daughter would become leader of it. Fun, for her part, wasn't particularly interested in that, and instead wanted to become a musician or join a fighting ring. Or perhaps both. However, while her mother spoke frequently of Fun's ancestor, she barely spoke of Fun's father, only that he was a rich playboy who feared any form of commitment that she'd had a one-night stand with. Then a letter from the Joestar estate arrived, informing Funny of the man's death and summoning her to the reading of his will alongside her many half-brothers and half-sisters. It appeared that her mother might have had a point regarding her apparently late father's personality.
    Talent/Skills:
    Other:

Strength (STR): 01
    Speed (SPD): 00
    Agility (AGI): 00
    Durability (DUR): 01
    Resistance (RST): 01
    Willpower (WIL): 02
    Perception (PER): 01
    Martial Arts (ART): 00
    Skill (SKI): 00

Stand
    Name: 「Crazy Train」
    Appearance:
    Crazy Train Appearance
    Stand Ability: Crazy Train's ability is to induce powerful vibrational forces into anything that it touches. It can do so to a small-sized building to shake it apart shake it apart and bring it down, into blades to increase their cutting power, or into people's bodies to cause pain/nausea. It can make the vibrational forces powerful enough in small areas to basically cause an item to shake apart. It also can "store" the vibrational forces into bullets/small stones/etc., then flick/throw them into targets, causing the vibrational force to release into what it impacts, the vibrational force enough to blow holes in steel doors or into flesh and bone bodies.

Destructive Power (POW): 40 - B
    Speed (SPD): 40 - B
    Range (RGE): 10 - E
    Persistence (PST): 10 - E
    Precision (PRC): 25 - C
    Got pretty much everything but Skills/Others.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Preliminary Inspection Go!!
    *[Note]: This is not the final inspection. This is just to check for any trends and give early criticisms and suggestions

Dafydd [Nik] - I like Dafyyd. Seems like a likable, careful character. As for the Skill stat, yeah, all of his instruments can be covered under it. Stand stat-wise, you're short ten points (which I know you've put into Potential). Unless you're committed to being noncommittal to the game, We Can Make The World Stop and all other PC stands can only have one ability starting off. Aside from that, the abilities look good and should be interesting to see them utilized.
    Still largely noncommittal but I feel closer to playing in this game than I have in any other previously. I am already very fond of Dafydd.

Question, so I have to remove one of the abilities but get the ten points back that I spent on it, correct? If so, I'll drop Never Let Me Go and will stick with The Void.

Additionally, is my low power stat appropriate for how The Void works?

Also, is there any way I can gimmick things to get an additional stat or two for my physicality beyond making him even stupider? I'd like to make my boy a bit beefier if possible.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-15-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Added a Custom Designed-by-Tami image for Genesis. Now I just need to finish up the rest of the information and stats.

I kind of rushed the image so it's a little messy, but maybe that might work with the idea I'm thinking of.
    Planning on reworking my image, but I'll need time. I have an idea on how to make it look better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Entirely for my own amusement.

Name: Accipiter
    Date of Birth:
    Race/Ethnicity: ???
    Place of Birth: Vatican City, Rome

Weight/Height: 6'2"", 220
    Personality: Friendly, but stoic.
    Dislikes: Not having Pasta
    Background: "Care for some pasta?" - Accipiter

Not much is known about the man, some say he simply appeared one day.

Talent/Skills: Cooking

Strength (STR): 00
    Speed (SPD): 01
    Agility (AGI): 02
    Durability (DUR): 0
    Resistance (RST): 00
    Willpower (WIL): 00
    Perception (PER): 03
    Martial Arts (ART): 00
    Skill (SKI): 00

Stand
    Name: Chicken Attack
    Appearance:

20201115_111005.jpg

Stand Ability:

Nomad Motto - "These wolves are here to rip right through, another coastal battle." - TBA

Destructive Power (POW): 50
    Speed (SPD): 25
    Range (RGE): 50
    Persistence (PST):
    Precision (PRC): 00

Development Potential (PNT): 50
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

For the edification of players who aren't overly familiar with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Stand battles are very much a 'styles make fights' sort of thing, but the cardinal rule is damage done to the Stand echoes on the users. Therefore to win, you either defeat the Stand or the user themselves.

To illustrate a typical Stand battle, here are some relatively basic ones.

Hierophant Green vs Tower of Grey shows the need to consider environment as well as capabilities. Tower of Grey has a large speed advantage, but Hierophant Green has a larger range of attack:

Crazy Diamond vs Bad Company's resolution relies on two things; Josuke's speed advantage, and his unique ability to restore whatever his stand punches to a former state. On paper - as Keicho hammily illustrates - he had all the advantages in the battlefield in terms of range, control, and firepower, but he didn't account for Josuke's ability to turn things around in his unique way.

Bast vs Hermit Purple and Magician's Red demonstrates the value of both manipulating the battle conditions as well as situational awareness. Mariah is able to magnetize her targets, and therefore she herself doesn't have to fight directly while still enjoying a significant situational advantage, requiring Joseph to think on his feet to pull off a victory with his relatively limited abilities.

Yea but how do you counter a horde of chicken sized velociraptors?

Answer? You don't.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Answer? You don't.
    See, when the Enemy Stand User has something that seems like an 'I win' button, you really need to get cerebral about it.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    See, when the Enemy Stand User has something that seems like an 'I win' button, you really need to get cerebral about it.
    Just wait until it's a horde or Rexes.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Answer? You don't.
    Didn't this literally happen in Steel Ball Run?

Diego sicked a whole bunch of tiny raptors on Gyro and Johnny fairly early on.

Exploding tiny raptors no less if memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Question, so I have to remove one of the abilities but get the ten points back that I spent on it, correct? If so, I'll drop Never Let Me Go and will stick with The Void.

Additionally, is my low power stat appropriate for how The Void works?

Also, is there any way I can gimmick things to get an additional stat or two for my physicality beyond making him even stupider? I'd like to make my boy a bit beefier if possible.
    Yes, as brought up earlier, I meant to state that all player stands start off with only one ability. That way, everyone gets to see just how well they can use their primary ability in unconventional ways.

Judging by what the Void does, I would say you could justify it being appropriate due to the Void having only the power to affect things for a mere second.

As for your third, while I do want to keep things even with everyone, if you can provide me a suitable gimmick/condition to justify it, I'll take it into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Didn't this literally happen in Steel Ball Run?

Diego sicked a whole bunch of tiny raptors on Gyro and Johnny fairly early on.

Exploding tiny raptors no less if memory serves...
    I totally forgot about Diego.

What a glorious bastard.

Arx Inosaan

I decided that Big Time's ability will be Size Enhancement. It can increase the size of a target and uses the square cube law as a weapon.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Approximately how bad is a -01 in a given stat for a stand user?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Yes, as brought up earlier, I meant to state that all player stands start off with only one ability. That way, everyone gets to see just how well they can use their primary ability in unconventional ways.
    Gotcha, I shall amend and reallocate my points.

Judging by what the Void does, I would say you could justify it being appropriate due to the Void having only the power to affect things for a mere second.
    Cool, glad to be legal.

As for your third, while I do want to keep things even with everyone, if you can provide me a suitable gimmick/condition to justify it, I'll take it into consideration.
    Probably not. I'll just make him drink more stupid juice and get more hench.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-16-2020 at 09:33 AM.

In what is probably a rather telling irony, Dafydd has sacrificed his ability to notice things around to make himself better at taking drugs and drinking alcohol.

If we run into a psychic attack type opponent or a camouflaged enemy, please be understanding of my dumb and slow-witted boi.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-16-2020 at 04:51 PM.