Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In what is probably a rather telling irony, Dafydd has sacrificed his ability to notice things around to himself better at taking drugs and drinking alcohol.

If we run into a psychic attack type opponent or a camouflaged enemy, please be understanding of my dumb and slow-witted boi.
    Listen.,.....I try to suspend my disbelief when reading character bios for fantasy RPGs but Come on.....there is only so much fiction I can handle.

Super powered Avatars? Time stopping vampires? A corgi with super powers? Yeah...I can handle that....

A Newfoundlander with sub optimal intelligence? Dude....the dumbest newfoundlander I know is at LEAST reed richards level.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Listen.,.....I try to suspend my disbelief when reading character bios for fantasy RPGs but Come on.....there is only so much fiction I can handle.

Super powered Avatars? Time stopping vampires? A corgi with super powers? Yeah...I can handle that....

A Newfoundlander with sub optimal intelligence? Dude....the dumbest newfoundlander I know is at LEAST reed richards level.
    He's more Welsh than Newfie haha.

Besides, himboism knows no boundaries of country. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In what is probably a rather telling irony, Dafydd has sacrificed his ability to notice things around to himself better at taking drugs and drinking alcohol.

If we run into a psychic attack type opponent or a camouflaged enemy, please be understanding of my dumb and slow-witted boi.
    I figure he just od'd on Xanny, only to be revived by a fuel injection of Monster Energy drink, and now here he is in all his Himbastic glory.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I figure he just od'd on Xanny, only to be revived by a fuel injection of Monster Energy drink, and now here he is in all his Himbastic glory.
    Literally anything dramatic: *happens*

Dafydd: ...

Dramatic thing: *explodes more dramatically than ever*

Dafydd: ...

Dramatic thing: *Kills major NPC and causes mass drama and wringing of hands amongst the cast*

Dafydd: *slow drag on cigarette, looks around nervously* Arhoswch, beth oedd hynny? Fe wnes i barthau allan am eiliad

Once I get over my post-workday sluggishness, I'll finally post some of that sweet, sweet world building.

I should be able to finish the bio up by tomorrow evening.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Dammit, I kind of want to make a Scary Monsters-style stand that allows my character to turn non-living things into dinosaurs (but it can't spread it to living things or other items). Just because it'd be hilarious. "See that rock over there? Now it's a dinosaur. your TV? It's a dinosaur. Your car? Dinosaur. Your house? Goddamn right it's a dinosaur now."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Dammit, I kind of want to make a Scary Monsters-style stand that allows my character to turn non-living things into dinosaurs (but it can't spread it to living things or other items). Just because it'd be hilarious. "See that rock over there? Now it's a dinosaur. your TV? It's a dinosaur. Your car? Dinosaur. Your house? Goddamn right it's a dinosaur now."
    How about a Stand that looks like a Golden Retriever and turns things into dogs? That'd be funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How about a Stand that looks like a Golden Retriever and turns things into dogs? That'd be funny too.
    I kind of want it to be more combat-capable, and I've read enough JoJo to know that Stand would just result in dead dogs.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Thought of a third ability. Mostly because I came across a new band this evening and I wanted an excuse to work one of their songs in. I also thought of a cool new technique.

Dafydd's Stand is going to have dick all potential by the end of this game but he will have the dopest soundtrack.

I should be able to finish the bio up by tomorrow evening.
    Still mulling over the stats.

Bio is mostly done, though I'm not sure how to describe her personality.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-17-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Still mulling over the stats.

Bio is mostly done, though I'm not sure how to describe her personality.
    I think the Bio is completed enough for Yuns next review.

Maybe it doesn't matter much, but I kind of wish the Stand Users got 8 points to start with instead of 6.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Maybe it doesn't matter much, but I kind of wish the Stand Users got 8 points to start with instead of 6.
    8?

I can think of arguments for 7, 9, or even 3/4, but haven't come up with one for 8.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I think the Bio is completed enough for Yuns next review.
    Mine too. Unfortunately, I've thought up a second idea for a character that's a combination of the old Jamie Coulson character from the Pantaloonacy SHR RP (named Jamie Speedwagon because we need a Speedwagon) with Diavolo/Doppio thing (only without the evil God complex). Even managed a Stand idea that fits the character.

Don't know which one to use, unfortunately.
    - C.S. Lewis