Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Everyone, I've made a minor change to the Stand profile that I would like you all to incorporate.

Much like the Stand Ability, you can be as creative as you like when it comes to the conditions/drawback/limits (does not have to be all three, btw) as JoJo is, as I've mentioned before, all about the off-the-wall stuff.
    Thinking on it. I'll add it to the bio as soon as I come up with the right description.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Thinking on it. I'll add it to the bio as soon as I come up with the right description.
    In regards to Jamie's Holy Diver, came up with a condition to transform into its "Rainbow in the Dark" form, and it already has a drawback. Also hopefully improved her, because the more I think about the character, the more I like them.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    In regards to Jamie's Holy Diver, came up with a condition to transform into its "Rainbow in the Dark" form, and it already has a drawback. Also hopefully improved her, because the more I think about the character, the more I like them.
    I need to take a closer look at Holy Diver. I'll try to do it later tonight.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Made some minor alterations to Lucys character and stand stats.....less of a snark, more....lucy-ish

Here's the Conditions/Drawbacks for Big Time's ability add to Boris' Bio.

Conditions/Drawbacks: Big Time's ability can only effect things in it's line of sight and it ranged is 20 feet. Big Time can only use one of the clock hands on it's face at a time. To reverse the process of it's ability. Big Time has to stop one of the clock hands on his face and then move the clock hand one opposite to it.

Big time can't make things microscope or the size of sky scrappers because it follows the square cube law. trying to use Big Time's ability to make some one a giant or the size of ant will end up killing the person the ability is used on. Big Time can used square cube law to it's advantage, however that same law can pose a problem depend on what it's stand user what's to do with it's ability.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Stand
    Name: Chicken Attack
    Appearance:

Attachment 102338
    Not gonna lie, Chicken Attack (along with Chicken Pig Attack and Rat Attack) is probably the best thing I've seen all week.

「Stand」
    Name: 「Holy Diver」
    Appearance: Holy Diver seems to be connected to Jamie in a way unlike most other stands, projecting from the small of her back with a "tail" connecting the Stand to Jamie, leaving it unable to move too far from Jamie due to this. It also has two distinct "forms" by the way of its Holy Diver form and its Rainbow in the Dark form.
    "Personality": Holy Diver is a rarity in that it is fully sentient and has a consciousness separate from Jamie's. As such Jamie refers to the Stand as "him" and "he", unlike the common "it" used by other Stand Users. The Stand nonetheless considers himself a part of Jamie, and will do whatever he feels is necessary to protect his User, even if that means openly arguing with and even disobeying Jamie should he feel his course of action is better or will protect his User. Holy Diver is also more vulgar and abrasive than Jamie, with very little of Jamie's patience or kind-heartedness, and will even turn his vulgar, abrasive personality on Jamie if she gets on the Stand's nerves.
    Conditions/Drawbacks: For Holy Diver to transform into his more powerful "Rainbow in the Dark" form, first he needs to have enough energy to transform, then he needs to drum rhythmically on his stomach and chant the phrase "I've Got the Touch! I've Got the Power! YEAH!" But just being in "Full Power Form" causes a drain on his energy stores, with engaging in combat draining it even more, and once he runs out of energy he reverts back to his "Tiny Form" until he can absorb enough energy to transform again.
    Stand Ability:
    Fever Dreams - Fever Dreams is the Stand's ability to increase his store of power by absorbing energy, whether it be kinetic energy from punches and kicks, to electrical energy from power sources, to solar energy from the sun. Once he absorbs enough energy, he can transform from his "Holy Diver" form to his "Rainbow in the Dark" form.

Rainbow in the Dark - Rainbow in the Dark is the form Holy Diver takes once he's absorbed enough energy to transform. This form of the Stand is capable of delivering hits with incredible speed and power, with his strength being considered comparable to the strongest Stands. He can also cause a second impact at the site of where his fist has struck, this second impact twice as strong as the initial impact.

Destructive Power (POW): 45 - A
    Speed (SPD): 40 - B
    Range (RGE): 05 - E
    Persistence (PST): 14 - D
    Precision (PRC): 21 - C

Development Potential (PNT): 40
    Quick note, it's been stated that player stands all start off with only one ability here.
    Last edited by Noldere; 11-20-2020 at 04:26 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

like to use these videos to explain how Big Time's ability works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrOBPtmCjg
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Added conditions for Dafydd's ability.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-01-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Not gonna lie, Chicken Attack (along with Chicken Pig Attack and Rat Attack) is probably the best thing I've seen all week.

Quick note, it's been stated that player stands all start off with only one ability here.
    You're right. So I modified Holy Diver to fit that statement, and it fits the theme I've been thinking of with Holy Diver (which is change). Got plans for future abilities that fit around the "change" theme.

Stand
    Name: 「Holy Diver」
    Appearance:Holy Diver seems to be connected to Jamie in a way unlike most other stands, projecting from the small of her back with a "tail" connecting the Stand to Jamie, leaving it unable to move too far from Jamie due to this.
    "Personality": Holy Diver is a rarity in that it is fully sentient and has a consciousness separate from Jamie's. As such Jamie refers to the Stand as "him" and "he", unlike the common "it" used by other Stand Users. The Stand nonetheless considers himself a part of Jamie, and will do whatever he feels is necessary to protect his User, even if that means openly arguing with and even disobeying Jamie should he feel his course of action is better or will protect his User. Holy Diver is also more vulgar and abrasive than Jamie, with very little of Jamie's patience or kind-heartedness, and will even turn his vulgar, abrasive personality on Jamie if she gets on the Stand's nerves.
    Conditions/Drawbacks: For Holy Diver to use his ability, Jamie needs to give him verbal permission to use it. Depending on the changes the target may need to stay still or the effect may be undesirable. And the effect of the ability has a time limit, and as soon as the limit is reached, the changes reverse and any excess material used in it will "slough" off onto the ground and quickly dissolve.
    Stand Ability: Holy Diver can mold a human like clay, giving him the ability to change a person's appearance completely to their (or his) desires. If more material than the person's body has is needed, Holy Diver can add some more of his own, which changes to match that of his current "project".

Destructive Power (POW): 30 - C
    Speed (SPD): 40 - B
    Range (RGE): 05 - E
    Persistence (PST): 20 - D
    Precision (PRC): 30 - C

Development Potential (PNT): 50
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The potential for disguise shenanigans, oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The potential for disguise shenanigans, oh my.
    That's definitely an idea I had for it. Also, Holy Diver can also do things like put flesh over the opponent's eyes to blind them, do something to their ears to deafen them, etc. It's a good utility ability to go with their punchy-punchy fighting style. If it wasn't for the (self-induced) time limit, it'd be a good healer too.

Hmmm... on that matter, do I need to have a time limit on it? Because like I said, without a time limit, it could do things like heal (non-fatal) injuries and the like.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

That's definitely an idea I had for it. Also, Holy Diver can also do things like put flesh over the opponent's eyes to blind them, do something to their ears to deafen them, etc. It's a good utility ability to go with their punchy-punchy fighting style. If it wasn't for the (self-induced) time limit, it'd be a good healer too.

Hmmm... on that matter, do I need to have a time limit on it? Because like I said, without a time limit, it could do things like heal (non-fatal) injuries and the like.
    Maybe have it be that if it's target is distressed by the changes, then they decay over time, returning to normal. whereas if a Target accepts them, the decay doesn't happen and they become permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Maybe have it be that if it's target is distressed by the changes, then they decay over time, returning to normal. whereas if a Target accepts them, the decay doesn't happen and they become permanent.
    That could work. And if used as a disguise, the person can choose when to remove the change, at which point the changes decay and they revert to normal.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

That could work. And if used as a disguise, the person can choose when to remove the change, at which point the changes decay and they revert to normal.
    It would also add a time limit to how long they can stay disguised. since they would have to start the decay process before it becomes permanent