Default The Mandalorian vs. The Predator

The Mandalorian (Din Djarin)
    (Disney+ series)

vs.

The Predator (Wolf)
    (Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem)

Both intergalactic bounty hunters are facing off in the town of Tombstone, Arizona. Standard gear and weapons apply. Other notorious bounty hunters (Spike Spiegel, Doc Holiday, Lobo, Boba Fett, Jonah Hex, Samus, Rick Deckard, and Dale Gribble) are watching from the local saloon*.

* Cookie to anyone who wants to take a stab at what the dialogue might sound like.

Who will live to hunt another day?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'd probably give the edge to Mando. He's a good shot, has armor that can take a serious hit without cracking, can fly, has multiple weapon types, and, maybe most importantly here, has near-magic level IR vision to let him track a cloaked Pred.

The Pred would shred him in HtH, but he's not getting there before taking a lot of shots from weapons that will absolutely hurt him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

This is an excellent fight. Wolf is arguably the most dangerous Predator we see in Live Action, with a crap ton of weapons.

Din doesn’t want to get close. Hand to hand with his vibro knife won’t end well. Nor will his flamethrower work. Preds don’t seem overly impressed by fire.

I’m also unsure his standard hand blaster will do well here. Predators are notoriously durable, shrugging off hand gun rounds and even tanking close range shotguns/rifles like champs if their scant armor doesn’t block it.

However, Din’s rifle will absolutely work as will his thermal detonators. And it’s here that, with his whistling birds and ability to fly, I think he stands a good chance. Plus I could see his armor tanking a few plasma caster shots considering it survived in tact when that gun in placement exploded.

However, any of the thrown weapons or hand to hand weapons favor Wolf. The spear, the chakram, the wrist blades, the net, the power punch, the blue acid etc...Din wants none of that.

Honestly, I see this as 50/50. Maybe, maybe Din ekks out a thin majority if he stays away and because his armor is very good. Problem is Preds are strong, fast, and have means to take down flying opponents.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

Are Yautja hatched from eggs? If so, keep them away from Baby Yoda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Are Yautja hatched from eggs? If so, keep them away from Baby Yoda.
    what hatched from eggs are Xenomorphs, not Yautjas
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

BANNED

If they're not in the arena, cloaking and stealth comes into play. Knowing Wolf, he'll try to entice Mando into an environment that negates his flight advantage. This isn't some unblooded Hunter we're talking about.

Astonishing Member

Interesting fight.

I can't decide, but I would bet on Wolf in an environment like the woods, or hills with woods or whatever. I guess Tombstone is flat without rocks, just desert, so I would give Mando the advantage.