Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where are the black power iconic couples in marvel outside of storm/bp? i do see your point but black couples are like a unicorn within the MU.
    There's only one active happy couple in Marvel tho so everyone's suffering.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What of Monica and Blue Marvel?
    Spectrum and BB.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-17-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Spectrum and BB.jpg
    One of Marvel's best romances in years. And a black power couple where they don't need to drag down one of the characters so the other can shine. Just because two characters are black and have some history doesn't mean they need to be together.

T'Challa's had black lovers before Storm was even created and she's built romances long before she came back into his orbit. If people want a black power couple, Monica and Blue Marvel should be the ones that get championed, not two characters from separate franchises that can't be even semi-sustainable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    sue and Reed, cage and jessica, MJ and Peter...

Spectrum and BB.jpg
    been some years since they appeared together, they are probably over now
    Last edited by baxer; 11-17-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    One of Marvel's best romances in years. And a black power couple where they don't need to drag down one of the characters so the other can shine. Just because two characters are black and have some history doesn't mean they need to be together.

T'Challa's had black lovers before Storm was even created and she's built romances long before she came back into his orbit. If people want a black power couple, Monica and Blue Marvel should be the ones that get championed, not two characters from separate franchises that can't be even semi-sustainable.
    Agreed 1000 % with everything in this post.
    Some readers are "championing" for Black Love and Black Power Couples but will not read or support the book in which they actually appear. Storm and T'Challa are not the ONLY black superheroes in comics.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know hes the most popular but does anyone else think Percy is making X-Force a bit Logan heavy recently? Even before the "event". And now that Jean's kind of transitioning out I dont really care about Colossus, Domino, or Beast. I dig Sage and Forge. But they barely appear. And Quentin's sass is tolerable.

I feel like Percy opened up great but now im not really feeling X-Force.

Cassara art those is ACES.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know hes the most popular but does anyone else think Percy is making X-Force a bit Logan heavy recently? Even before the "event". And now that Jean's kind of transitioning out I dont really care about Colossus, Domino, or Beast. I dig Sage and Forge. But they barely appear. And Quentin's sass is tolerable.

It's Wolverine, some overexposure was bound to happen. Which is a shame, because I think Jean was getting some great moments and Domino was pretty solid. Thankfully the former seems to be shifting somewhere else (hopefully Marauders) and the latter still has that whole Russian subplot to keep her busy.

The "Beast is EVIL" thing has worn thin so I'm hoping he gets killed off in XOS so Percy can stop ruining his character and Forge can get a shot on the main roster. Quentin's only on the book to die every arc and I'm loving it. Overall, I think since Wolverine is the only X-Force character in this event, it makes sense the tie-in issues are focused on him. Hopefully panel time gets distributed better once XOS is over. It'd suck if whatever rivalry Wolverine has with Solemn bleeds into X-Force.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Spectrum and BB.jpg
    Marvel rarely uses them so I'd put a (?) next to active.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    sue and Reed, cage and jessica, MJ and Peter...
    So 2 and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post

been some years since they appeared together, they are probably over now
    Don't jinx it.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

X-force is one of the book where the spotlight shift more between the members.

On x-swords it became a Wolverine solo

Beast is trash, Jean is leaving, QQ is always dying....I'm bored. I'm dropping it after XoS and picking up SWORD, instead.

BANNED

I'm not 100% convinced Jean is leaving but yeah. He likes Wolverine a little too much, that's coming from someone who appreciates The Best There Is in his comics. He also likes Domino too much. I am already done with Colossus' appearances as well.

The book needs to turn back to being about Wolverine, but not as much as it is currently, Jean, Quire, and Beast for me.

Yeah, I think Logan, Hank and Jean should be the "core trio". Logan vs Hank butting heads while Jean acts as the mediator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I think Logan, Hank and Jean should be the "core trio". Logan vs Hank butting heads while Jean acts as the mediator.
    This is actually an excellent synopsis of the dynamic in the book. For me, the tension between the Intel (headed by Beast) and Operations (headed by Wolverine) arms of X-Force make for a thoroughly interesting read. Personally, I'm loving this book and I'm enjoying the way all of the characters are being written, including Percy's ruthless spymaster version of Beast.

I find the volatile cocktail of Beast's hubris, Wolverine's willingness to do whatever it takes, and Jean's obvious reticence/unease with the team's actions fascinating. The book reminds me of Hickman's run on New Avengers, where he placed the Illuminati in all manner of moral conundrums.

My only quibble is that I would like to see Forge be given a more prominent role within the team and I find Piotr's character to be a little lifeless and one note under Percy's pen (although that may for plot-related reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredSpecies View Post
    This is actually an excellent synopsis of the dynamic in the book. For me, the tension between the Intel (headed by Beast) and Operations (headed by Wolverine) arms of X-Force make for a thoroughly interesting read. Personally, I'm loving this book and I'm enjoying the way all of the characters are being written, including Percy's ruthless spymaster version of Beast.

I find the volatile cocktail of Beast's hubris, Wolverine's willingness to do whatever it takes, and Jean's obvious reticence/unease with the team's actions fascinating. The book reminds me of Hickman's run on New Avengers, where he placed the Illuminati in all manner of moral conundrums.

My only quibble is that I would like to see Forge be given a more prominent role within the team and I find Piotr's character to be a little lifeless and one note under Percy's pen (although that may for plot-related reasons).
    Well, I felt it was like that for a while and Percy kinda talked about this dynamic on interview, but then it kinda shifted. I guess after X of Swords it could come back to that though.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't even mind the drunk part honestly but when you put it up against what coates was doing that is when it becomes problematic. from a goddess to a drunken fool? really?
    Have you met Thor? That’s what god’s do lol. Also she was hardly a fool she had a drink with a great friend. Nothing wrong or foolish about that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.