Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shard: Her DNA

They can always say he kept a lock of hair.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They can always say he kept a lock of hair.
    Ugh, the Wolverine excuse. No thank you.

The reality, pardon the pun, is that Bishop and Shard come from an alternate universe/timeline. Unless X-Men are finding a way to move into that AU, they cannot go to the future and grab her or her dna as she won't exist. So unless Rachel, Magik, or Jamie use their powers to do so, she ain't coming. Just like Ruby ain't coming. Now that doesn't mean that Marvel can't/won't find a way because they make a story around it. But she's not from this timeline so she isn't in the future to pluck.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

As I've said elsewhere, I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I think Shard should make her return. I've always thought she was cool, and would love to see her and Bishop interacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    With the amount of times Bishop and Cable have jumped around the future. They can’t revisit a time when Shard existed, get her DNA... and BAM we can regrow a new Shard in present day?

This seems too simple For it to be an issue.
    Well she's black sooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Constraints on writing force you to look for more creative solutions and thus better writing. It's how we got Morbius..
    wait...how?
    A journey of Shard being lost in the timestream outside of timelines rather than an alternate future or Forge being forced to recreate Shard sounds a lot better than going to a dead universe and grabbing Shard. And the AoA situation is just like Bishop's future, all the survivors of that timeline came back from the exact same time but just appeared at different times.
    No idea how but this totally makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Ugh, the Wolverine excuse. No thank you.
    Um ¿Zut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The reality, pardon the pun, is that Bishop and Shard come from an alternate universe/timeline. Unless X-Men are finding a way to move into that AU, they cannot go to the future and grab her or her dna as she won't exist. So unless Rachel, Magik, or Jamie use their powers to do so, she ain't coming. Just like Ruby ain't coming. Now that doesn't mean that Marvel can't/won't find a way because they make a story around it. But she's not from this timeline so she isn't in the future to pluck.
    Plenty of sh!T in the X-Men don't make sense...Did AsianBetsy make sense? IvX? Does anyone even know Ruby exists besides Layla's Playa Hatin' ass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I think Shard should make her return. I've always thought she was cool, and would love to see her and Bishop interacting.
    I mean anything makes sense with enuff retconin'
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    wait...how?
    Marvel weren't allowed to make comics with undead, so they couldn't just make a direct vampire. Thus, we got Morbius who is the LIVING vampire and his condition is due to genetic mutation and not vampirism. It was a more unique workaround a constraint placed on their writing that led to a more enjoyable story with a more creative conclusion.

Like for Shard, maybe Forge has a backup of her mind but he can't recreate the projector and thus he can't restore her body. He tries to go to that future but finds it doesn't exist anymore. He learns how Bishop turned her into energy and shot her into the timestream so he goes on a journey outside of space and time to look for her. He finds the energy that was her, bonds her with the backup and manages to restore her. I put two seconds of thought into that with imaginary constraints, imagine what a real writer could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    then this thread makes no sense, if the point is to go to the future to get her DNA to clone her
    Actually it would present an opportunity to correct the recon that involved layla Miller cause the whole arc happened solely to make Bishop into a crazed villain, which was dumb anyway.

Marvel weren't allowed to make comics with undead, so they couldn't just make a direct vampire. Thus, we got Morbius who is the LIVING vampire and his condition is due to genetic mutation and not vampirism. It was a more unique workaround a constraint placed on their writing that led to a more enjoyable story with a more creative conclusion.

Like for Shard, maybe Forge has a backup of her mind but he can't recreate the projector and thus he can't restore her body. He tries to go to that future but finds it doesn't exist anymore. He learns how Bishop turned her into energy and shot her into the timestream so he goes on a journey outside of space and time to look for her. He finds the energy that was her, bonds her with the backup and manages to restore her. I put two seconds of thought into that with imaginary constraints, imagine what a real writer could do.
    Oooh okay. Yeah that sounds like it could be a fun read
    GrindrStone(D)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Saw the thread title and thought I was having an episode of déjà vu for a second there.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ed-by-the-Five

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Saw the thread title and thought I was having an episode of déjà vu for a second there.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ed-by-the-Five
    It's similar no doubt. There is interest it seems from readers, but given the directive around priority for 616 mutants and not AR ones her being brought to live via the protocols is low. But someone could make an in story argument but I would be surprised it would be worth it.

Extraordinary Member

I have said this many times...at the end of Bishop: The Last X-Man Shard had a physical body. She converted to energy and was absorbed and fired by Bishop at one of Fitzroy's portals....just have her physical body drop into the current reality and she can be back with all her original memories, her hologram memories, and missing the arm she cut off to get our of the chains Fitzroy had her in. It will just take a writer willing to use her to do it.

I visited my local secondhand store and found all four issues of X.S.E featuring Bishop and Shard. Excited to read them for the first time.

-Pav, who also picked up some historic New Mutants issues...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details