Incredible Member

Default Gon and Killua vs Midoriya and Bakugou

If this has been done before then just ignore it. I just got into Hunter X Hunter and I'm about halfway done with series, late but better late than never. So which team takes it?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Gon and Killua through a really unpleasant blitz.

Killua could pretty much solo this to be honest.

Yeah, there was an All Might vs Killua thread a while back; consensus Killua by blitzing All Might’s wounds.

I mean, Kurapika was pretty clearly inferior to Killua in the Hunter Exam and Zoldyck arcs but even he was meta enough to bullet time before learning Nen.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Yeah, there was an All Might vs Killua thread a while back; consensus Killua by blitzing All Might’s wounds.
    This thread, right?

Wasn't consensus actually, as one of the guys who was arguing for Killua in that thread I actually, somewhat noncommittally conceded the argument in All Might's favour in the end for a couple of reasons.

1) Ambiguity of All Might's speed feats vs Killua's - All Might doesn't have a lot of speed feats that are clear but he's got some level of high-ish end speed
    2) Killua's issues of stamina - if we accept that All Might is remotely competitive in speed, then Killua will need to use God Speed but God Speed drains his stamina and Nen reserves super fast which will leave him vulnerable to a counter attack.
    3) All Might's funky AoE game. He can just throw out a lot of power by swinging.

My personal argument was that All Might's speed feats aren't good enough to avoid a blitz or even necessarily require God Speed so Killua could just keep super combo-ing him and target his weak spots until he goes down. Others did not agree, I conceded mostly out of a lack of solid evidence on both sides and general pandemic fatigue.

Bakugou and Deku though are slower and don't have anywhere near the level of solid AoE chops to fall back on and are both much less durable hence this is more cut and dried.

Yeah, that one. I am sorry; I didn’t mean to misrepresent the thread.

I more meant to go for the idea that Killua vs All Might was so debatable and that makes Midoriya and Bakugou’s chances dismal.

Yeah, that one. I am sorry; I didn’t mean to misrepresent the thread.

I more meant to go for the idea that Killua vs All Might was so debatable and that makes Midoriya and Bakugou’s chances dismal.
    Haha, I didn't mean to imply malice or misrepresentation on your part ^_^

More that, as I was the one making the bulk of the arguments for one side, I recalled it being a little more complex.

Agree with your assessment though, the UA boys don't want none of Gon and Killua.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

There was a thread a while back about whether Killua could murder the entirety of the MHA school, and the answer was yes. (At least with All Might not in the picture.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    There was a thread a while back about whether Killua could murder the entirety of the MHA school, and the answer was yes. (At least with All Might not in the picture.)
    Hmm...

Aha, this one here.

I mean, Kurapika was pretty clearly inferior to Killua in the Hunter Exam and Zoldyck arcs but even he was meta enough to bullet time before learning Nen.
    When did Kurapika bullet time before learning Nen? The only time I recall it is during the mafia exam when he deflects bullets with his nen chains. And I wouldn't say Kurapika is clearly inferior to Killua at that point in the story.

Also, that feat has a bit of an asterisk on it. He specifically invokes his dousing chain when he does it, and utilizing a divination based power makes it much less of a clean speed feat. Which isn't to say he wasn't just using speed, but... There's a fair bit of ambiguity on the specifics of Kurapika's abilities. I don't love using that single feat as a benchmark for the rest of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    When did Kurapika bullet time before learning Nen? The only time I recall it is during the mafia exam when he deflects bullets with his nen chains. And I wouldn't say Kurapika is clearly inferior to Killua at that point in the story.

Also, that feat has a bit of an asterisk on it. He specifically invokes his dousing chain when he does it, and utilizing a divination based power makes it much less of a clean speed feat. Which isn't to say he wasn't just using speed, but... There's a fair bit of ambiguity on the specifics of Kurapika's abilities. I don't love using that single feat as a benchmark for the rest of the cast.
    Kurapika’s Nen instructor (guess his name’s Izunavi?) fires a Nen propelled projectile at him that heavily resembles a bullet. Kurapika slips it and it punches a huge hole in a tree.

Given the impact on the tree as well as Kurapika having just gotten done with a bunch of metahuman weight-training at the Zoldyck mansion (albeit not to Killua’s level from what I recall) I would say the presentation supports bullet time.

EDIT: It’s towards the end of episode 30 in the 2011 show for reference.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 11-14-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Kurapika’s Nen instructor (guess his name’s Izunavi?) fires a Nen propelled projectile at him that heavily resembles a bullet. Kurapika slips it and it punches a huge hole in a tree.

Given the impact on the tree as well as Kurapika having just gotten done with a bunch of metahuman weight-training at the Zoldyck mansion (albeit not to Killua’s level from what I recall) I would say the presentation supports bullet time.

EDIT: It’s towards the end of episode 30 in the 2011 show for reference.
    Oh, yeah, the acorn. That might have been bullet speeds there... But it also might not have been. Nen doesn't necessarily follow the rules of force and velocity. Remember when Wing laid his hand against a wall and cracked it with a gentle shove?