Default Geiger by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank Coming April 2021

Who are the scavengers of a dying earth? Geiger is set in the years since a nuclear war ravaged the planet, desperate outlaws battle for survival in a world of radioactive chaos. Out past the poisoned wasteland lives a man even the Nightcrawlers and Organ People fear. Some name him Joe Glow, others call him The Meltdown Man. But his name… is Geiger.

Johns hasn't done much for other publishers outside of DC so I suppose this could be an interesting way for him to diversify his bibliography.

I’m a Geoff Johns guy, -and- i like Gary Frank’s art.
    This is a no brainer.

Thanks for the heads up, Vordan.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Has John’s wrote any of his own stuff? Sounds exciting. They were a great team on Doomsday Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Johns hasn't done much for other publishers outside of DC so I suppose this could be an interesting way for him to diversify his bibliography.
    I think this was originally stuff he planned to put out through that Killing Zone imprint that’s now dead. Johns probably is looking to pull a Millar and make comic stuff he owns that he can then use to make movies and TV shows. Especially if WB/DC end up giving him the boot on account if the Fisher stuff, if he doesn’t start making creator owned stuff he’ll have nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Has John’s wrote any of his own stuff? Sounds exciting. They were a great team on Doomsday Clock
    He wrote a series called Possessed ages ago but this is his first Image book I think.

Mighty Member

Sounds interesting, I'm a sucker for post apoc stories, and I'll need something to replace King in Black when that ends. This seems like it'll be put on my pull list.

Johns doing something on-DC feels so weird, but the description still kind of sounds like a Superhero book .

Johns working on his own book is something I am down for.

I wonder what Johns doing an independent book at Image says about where he currently is at with DC. They changed his job a few times and what he was trying to build on the comic front never came to fruition the way he was planning it. To speculate, I wonder if he is burned out with DC and the only thing keeping him working there is the Star Girl show so he is branching outside DC to work.
    Last edited by KC; 11-14-2020 at 12:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, he did write original works for Humanoid, I believe it's called Olympus and he did it with Kris Grimminger.