Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Now I'm curious about the next arc.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This was a pretty fun opening issue and was a genuinely solid attempt at exploring the DCU's Africa without the need to shoehorn in an American superhero.

Both Thorne & CrissCross did great work here. I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in Vixen or the very under-appreciated Global Guardians characters.

A solid opening issue and a fun little read, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Pretty good story. Great art.

Impala was a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. Nice mask but would have liked to see more of a costume, if even just a logo on his shirt.

I also hated that we got a new character under the mask instead of using the original one. Why?

Loved Vixen's new look though.

Hoping to see more from Dr. Mist next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    Pretty good story.

Oh, the story isn't even close to over.

Great art.
    I AGREE! Like, WOW, right?

Impala was a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. Nice mask but would have liked to see more of a costume, if even just a logo on his shirt.
    He's not in "costume." His job doesn't require a costume. The mask transforms his entire body and, should we get an ongoing, you'll get to see him in his full gear. And the rest of the Global Guardians as well.

I also hated that we got a new character under the mask instead of using the original one. Why?
    Because Impala I is dead, Impala II was erased (Flashpoint) and I'm not interested in Kid Impala. Buckle up for a stack of new characters in all my Big Two work.

Loved Vixen's new look though.
    Cross, Jordi and Wil are BEASTS. I love every stage of the art process.

Hoping to see more from Dr. Mist next issue.
    ME TOO!

I have a question Redjack. If the book does well, would you prefer to do a Vixen series or a Team book with the Global Guardians? I'm good with either one.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Oh, the story isn't even close to over.

I AGREE! Like, WOW, right?

He's not in "costume." His job doesn't require a costume. The mask transforms his entire body and, should we get an ongoing, you'll get to see him in his full gear. And the rest of the Global Guardians as well.

Because Impala I is dead, Impala II was erased (Flashpoint) and I'm not interested in Kid Impala. Buckle up for a stack of new characters in all my Big Two work.

Cross, Jordi and Wil are BEASTS. I love every stage of the art process.

ME TOO!

That's awesome to read !
    And the issue was even better, I can't wait to read the rest of the story !

Just... if you write French heroes down the line, perhaps change the nationality of Fleur-de-Lis* and some costumes around please XD !

*I know that for a lot of Americans it's a a French symbol or at least a symbol of Frenchness, but this side of the pond, it's becoming more and more like the Confederate Flag really - and it has been dropped officially as a symbol of France in 1830 if I'm not mistaken, and I know for sure that if France didn't become a Monarchy all over again in 1870 it's because the would-be-king wanted to ditch the Tricolore for the white and fleur-de-lys flag and that monarchists refused to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's awesome to read !
    And the issue was even better, I can't wait to read the rest of the story !

Just... if you write French heroes down the line, perhaps change the nationality of Fleur-de-Lis* and some costumes around please XD !

*I know that for a lot of Americans it's a a French symbol or at least a symbol of Frenchness, but this side of the pond, it's becoming more and more like the Confederate Flag really - and it has been dropped officially as a symbol of France in 1830 if I'm not mistaken, and I know for sure that if France didn't become a Monarchy all over again in 1870 it's because the would-be-king wanted to ditch the Tricolore for the white and fleur-de-lys flag and that monarchists refused to do that.
    I am aware. it will not be Fleur de Lis. Promise.

And thanks for the kind words. Just wait til Friday. Things are going to get CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I have a question Redjack. If the book does well, would you prefer to do a Vixen series or a Team book with the Global Guardians? I'm good with either one.
    the cheap answer is "Either would be great."

I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.

I am aware. it will not be Fleur de Lis. Promise.

And thanks for the kind words. Just wait til Friday. Things are going to get CRAZY!
    Well sir, if the series keeps steady it'll be forever remembered by me. If it gets better and it doesn't seel well enough, I'll be super mad.

I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.
    Look at you, making me excited to see you write more.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

DC please make this happen!!!

Crossing my fingers for either option if they allow to do an ongoing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This issue gave me goosebumps. I lived for it.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Just read Truth & Justice today, loved it! The story, the art, seeing Dr. Mist and Impala again, it was all great!