Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What about Aquaman? I can't see him without a solo.
    I think there might be a 20% chance that his solo gets cancelled. His solos have been cancelled before so there's precedent

BANNED

Always thought Mari would pair up well with Fire and Ice-- All of whom seem to have a supermodel thing going.

Good for them, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Always thought Mari would pair up well with Fire and Ice-- All of whom seem to have a supermodel thing going.

I would not mind seeing Vixen interacting with Fire and Ice. All three of them are elementals, and Fire could be connected to a fire realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I would not mind seeing Vixen interacting with Fire and Ice. All three of them are elementals, and Fire could be connected to a fire realm.
    Vixen and Fire seemed to be friendly towards each other during their time in the JLI.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

all i'm allowed to say right now is this.

Cross and I love Vixen and we want to do big things with her, both as a character and in her own "Vixen-verse." So BUY THE BOOK. Tell everyone you know to buy the book.

Also, I've wanted to get my hands on the Global Guardians for a decade or more so, if we get to run with it, fasten your seatbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

I just want to see Fire and Ice back, to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Cross and I love Vixen and we want to do big things with her, both as a character and in her own "Vixen-verse." So BUY THE BOOK. Tell everyone you know to buy the book.

Also, I've wanted to get my hands on the Global Guardians for a decade or more so, if we get to run with it, fasten your seatbelts.

Can’t wait.........

Amazing Member

I also can't wait.

Can I ask a question though? Is is too late to change the title of the comic? I feel like DC is setting you up for failure by calling it "Truth and Justice". What does that even mean? Who is it aimed at? I can't imagine any new readers seeing it and going "Truth & Justice? That sounds interesting and not at all generic. I must buy it."

I want this title to succeed and I'm worried for it with that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    I also can't wait.

Can I ask a question though? Is is too late to change the title of the comic? I feel like DC is setting you up for failure by calling it "Truth and Justice". What does that even mean? Who is it aimed at? I can't imagine any new readers seeing it and going "Truth & Justice? That sounds interesting and not at all generic. I must buy it."

above my pay grade, I'm afraid.

Really looking forward to this book! Anything that utilizes DC’s seldom used characters is great. Plus some much needed diversity.

Would love to see Jaime Reyes show up!!!

I know I'm excited to support this book, a Vixen-verse sounds great! I (and I'm sure tons of others) have been waiting to see Vixen properly expanded to match her relatively high profile and recognizibility among DC's black characters. DC's African landscape is so rich with potential and has so many interesting nuggets that are seldomly properly fleshed out beyond a couple panels or issues here or there. places like Kor, Zambezi, Tundi and Berdunia, things like The Kingdom, characters like David Zavimbe to Kid Impala to Freedom Beast and so many others; I would love to see Vixen be the vanguard for expanding that area of the DC universe.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was sold at "New DC Team Up Title". I'll give it an issue or two and see how it goes. Nice to see Vixen get some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    I also can't wait.

Yeah, that phrase is kind of ingrained in the public conscience as something Superman generally stands for (alongside "American Way," though that's faded in recent years) so it's a really odd choice. I'd get it if he was the anchor of the book, or even Diana (being the spirit of truth and most heroes standing for justice), but otherwise? I dunno. It's not a terrible title, but I feel like it wasn't the best option. That said, it's not much worse than "World's Finest," which even they've joked sounds kind of like a bread. "The Brave and the Bold" isn't particularly descriptive either. Was reviving "DC Comics Presents" not a good idea?
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-30-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Vixen is a great character and a good choice to anchor a team-up book. She’s got connections to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was sold at "New DC Team Up Title". I'll give it an issue or two and see how it goes. Nice to see Vixen get some spotlight.

Yeah, that phrase is kind of ingrained in the public conscience as something Superman generally stands for (alongside "American Way," though that's faded in recent years) so it's a really odd choice. I'd get it if he was the anchor of the book, or even Diana (being the spirit of truth and most heroes standing for justice), but otherwise? I dunno. It's not a terrible title, but I feel like it wasn't the best option. That said, it's not much worse than "World's Finest," which even they've joked sounds kind of like a bread. "The Brave and the Bold" isn't particularly descriptive either. Was reviving "DC Comics Presents" not a good idea?
    Was it DC Showcase or DC Presents during the New 52? I forget.