Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do You Think Wonder Woman's Armor Will Make The Hawks Look Less Special On Film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I am a big fan of Diana but honestly the concept of this armor seems taken from a Japanese anime
    6097406-6143191112-seiya.jpg

Maybe, it would all depend on how much work they would put on their armor/wings.

While WW armor was basically a prop, the Hawks wings are a definitive part of their designs and character. So they should put a lot of work on it, not only to make it look cool but functional. A good way of differentiate would be have the Hawks using their wings on battle in tactical ways, for example using it to block attacks or even to hit enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I am a big fan of Diana but honestly the concept of this armor seems taken from a Japanese anime
    6097406-6143191112-seiya.jpg
    Seint Seiya did come out before Kingdom Come

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Maybe, it would all depend on how much work they would put on their armor/wings.

While WW armor was basically a prop, the Hawks wings are a definitive part of their designs and character. So they should put a lot of work on it, not only to make it look cool but functional. A good way of differentiate would be have the Hawks using their wings on battle in tactical ways, for example using it to block attacks or even to hit enemies.
    Yeah, they'd really have to commit, like Marvel did with Falcon.

She uses the armor so rarely that I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Considering that armor got ruined and didn't do much to help her whereas wings are vital to Hawkman's action, I don't think it will harm him in the public eye.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Don't think it will matter much at all.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

All I know is, she should rock that aesthetic more often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    All I know is, she should rock that aesthetic more often.
    I don't think it ever makes much of a story difference, even if it's used to establish threat level, but I guess it can sell merch.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't think it ever makes much of a story difference, even if it's used to establish threat level, but I guess it can sell merch.
    Sometimes The Aesthetic is vastly more important.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I doubt it.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl have more organic designs where you can tell it's two humans with real wings rather armour or tech.

Also those re-designs aren't that good.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I doubt it.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl have more organic designs where you can tell it's two humans with real wings rather armour or tech.

Also those re-designs aren't that good.
    They've had Nth metal wings strapped on by harnesses since the Golden Age. Real wings were a Thanagarian retcon, making them less like Archangel (cool) and more like Angel (lame). Real wings also make less sense since human like bodies are not capable of flight without a tail feather analogue, and I don't think anyone wants that. Gravity-defying metal wings at least provide some justification as antigravity devices with a stabilization mechanism that has practical combat applications.

I just think those designs need different helmets--Maybe Kirby-esque, like live action Thor's helmet in Ragnarok or Orion in Young Justice. Or just ditch the helmets like Hawkgirl did in JLU.

Anyway, DC can't use those fan designs, but they're a step in the right direction, especially for live action in a modern setting.

If the changes are too drastic, you can just give them different names than Carter, Shiera, or Kendra, but I don't think that's necessary. Carter and Shiera sound cool and are familiar.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-04-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Yeah, they'd really have to commit, like Marvel did with Falcon.
    I've always wanted to see a writer lean into the gravity-manipulations potential of the Hawk's Nth Metal, like using it to generate enormous blasts of wind from their wing beats.