Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 84
  1. #61
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,457

    Default

    Now I'm curious about the next arc.

  2. #62
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    This was a pretty fun opening issue and was a genuinely solid attempt at exploring the DCU's Africa without the need to shoehorn in an American superhero.

    Both Thorne & CrissCross did great work here. I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in Vixen or the very under-appreciated Global Guardians characters.

  3. #63
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,900

    Default

    A solid opening issue and a fun little read, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #64
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Pretty good story. Great art.

    Impala was a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. Nice mask but would have liked to see more of a costume, if even just a logo on his shirt.

    I also hated that we got a new character under the mask instead of using the original one. Why?

    Loved Vixen's new look though.

    Hoping to see more from Dr. Mist next issue.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    Pretty good story.

    Oh, the story isn't even close to over.

    Great art.
    I AGREE! Like, WOW, right?

    Impala was a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. Nice mask but would have liked to see more of a costume, if even just a logo on his shirt.
    He's not in "costume." His job doesn't require a costume. The mask transforms his entire body and, should we get an ongoing, you'll get to see him in his full gear. And the rest of the Global Guardians as well.

    I also hated that we got a new character under the mask instead of using the original one. Why?
    Because Impala I is dead, Impala II was erased (Flashpoint) and I'm not interested in Kid Impala. Buckle up for a stack of new characters in all my Big Two work.

    Loved Vixen's new look though.
    Cross, Jordi and Wil are BEASTS. I love every stage of the art process.

    Hoping to see more from Dr. Mist next issue.
    ME TOO!

  6. #66
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    I have a question Redjack. If the book does well, would you prefer to do a Vixen series or a Team book with the Global Guardians? I'm good with either one.
    Jazmine Sullivan - Pick Up Your Feelings - https://youtu.be/6jOA3h4zSTc

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Oh, the story isn't even close to over.



    I AGREE! Like, WOW, right?



    He's not in "costume." His job doesn't require a costume. The mask transforms his entire body and, should we get an ongoing, you'll get to see him in his full gear. And the rest of the Global Guardians as well.



    Because Impala I is dead, Impala II was erased (Flashpoint) and I'm not interested in Kid Impala. Buckle up for a stack of new characters in all my Big Two work.



    Cross, Jordi and Wil are BEASTS. I love every stage of the art process.



    ME TOO!

    That's awesome to read !
    And the issue was even better, I can't wait to read the rest of the story !

    Just... if you write French heroes down the line, perhaps change the nationality of Fleur-de-Lis* and some costumes around please XD !

    *I know that for a lot of Americans it's a a French symbol or at least a symbol of Frenchness, but this side of the pond, it's becoming more and more like the Confederate Flag really - and it has been dropped officially as a symbol of France in 1830 if I'm not mistaken, and I know for sure that if France didn't become a Monarchy all over again in 1870 it's because the would-be-king wanted to ditch the Tricolore for the white and fleur-de-lys flag and that monarchists refused to do that.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's awesome to read !
    And the issue was even better, I can't wait to read the rest of the story !

    Just... if you write French heroes down the line, perhaps change the nationality of Fleur-de-Lis* and some costumes around please XD !

    *I know that for a lot of Americans it's a a French symbol or at least a symbol of Frenchness, but this side of the pond, it's becoming more and more like the Confederate Flag really - and it has been dropped officially as a symbol of France in 1830 if I'm not mistaken, and I know for sure that if France didn't become a Monarchy all over again in 1870 it's because the would-be-king wanted to ditch the Tricolore for the white and fleur-de-lys flag and that monarchists refused to do that.
    I am aware. it will not be Fleur de Lis. Promise.

    And thanks for the kind words. Just wait til Friday. Things are going to get CRAZY!

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I have a question Redjack. If the book does well, would you prefer to do a Vixen series or a Team book with the Global Guardians? I'm good with either one.
    the cheap answer is "Either would be great."

    I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I am aware. it will not be Fleur de Lis. Promise.

    And thanks for the kind words. Just wait til Friday. Things are going to get CRAZY!
    Well sir, if the series keeps steady it'll be forever remembered by me. If it gets better and it doesn't seel well enough, I'll be super mad.

  11. #71
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the cheap answer is "Either would be great."

    I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.
    Look at you, making me excited to see you write more.
    Jazmine Sullivan - Pick Up Your Feelings - https://youtu.be/6jOA3h4zSTc

  12. #72
    Mighty Member Lonewolf36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the cheap answer is "Either would be great."

    I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.
    DC please make this happen!!!

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the cheap answer is "Either would be great."

    I would be happy with a VIXEN solo with the GGI as her first arc and I have that version in my head but I REALLY love the version of the GGI we've built (you're only going to see a TINY fraction of that in this story) so, probably, my pref would be a VIXEN and the GLOBAL GUARDIANS book to cover all bases.
    Crossing my fingers for either option if they allow to do an ongoing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):
    DC: Batman Beyond, Red Hood, Far Sector, The Other History of the DC Universe, Truth and Justice, Future State: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Damn near all the X-Books, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Venom, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker, Is'Nana The Were-Spider, Yohance, EXO Wale Williams

  14. #74
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    3,576

    Default

    This issue gave me goosebumps. I lived for it.

  15. #75
    Mighty Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Just read Truth & Justice today, loved it! The story, the art, seeing Dr. Mist and Impala again, it was all great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •