Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So is this Brave and the Bold with Vixen or will the lead character rotate while still retaining the team-up gimmick?
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    apparently the suit she has in the cover is her old rebirth suit, either they just reverted back to her old suit or she's gonna have a costume change in the story. I hope they just remove the bird crotch, I actually liked her new suit.
    Actually seeing the old suit on the cover makes me hope they keep it instead. Looks cleaner, less busy, and more Vixen than the redesign in my opinion.

Amazing Member

A team-up book starring Vixen, Dr. Mist AND Impala?!?

This is so bizarre but also so excellent! I am totally down for this!

(I will be forever mad at DC for leaving an excellent team like the Global Guardians unused on a shelf for all these years! But this will redeem them somewhat.)

HATE the title though. "Truth and Justice"?!? Could it be any less creative?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this Brave and the Bold with Vixen or will the lead character rotate while still retaining the team-up gimmick?

Actually seeing the old suit on the cover makes me hope they keep it instead. Looks cleaner, less busy, and more Vixen than the redesign in my opinion.
    I could be wrong, but I got the impression that the lead character will rotate while still keeping the team-up aspect.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I could be wrong, but I got the impression that the lead character will rotate while still keeping the team-up aspect.
    yeah that's what I took away as being the case, I'm guessing this is gonna be a pilot farm, seeing which characters and ideas people wanna see. I would like to see Vixen get a long form solo, ongoing or limited series doesn't matter so long as it's substantial, like at least 12 issues. I'm hoping this is just to put the feelers out before they double down on something more extensive post-Future State once new series start getting announced.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

If were doing Global/ New Guardians again we need SNOWFLAME to face them.

Anyway love to see Vixen get some spotlight.
    Last edited by Mojo; 11-14-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    If were doing Global/ New Guardians again we need SNOWFLAME to face them.
    There isn't really a connection between Global Guardians and New Guardian.

I'm looking forward to this. I hope it has the same "unexpected team-up" feel of some of those JLU episodes. (a high bar to be sure, but I'm choosing to be optimistic)

I hope they have a guaranteed minimum number of issues for this title and don’t immediately turn it into another Batman book if the numbers aren’t initially great. Marvel has had a number of digital first books featuring lesser known characters that have found success. I hope DC gives this book a chance to find its legs and fingers crossed it catches on. Would be so great to have a team up book featuring seldom used characters!

I do love me some team-up books .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Loving Vixen's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The first team up will be Vixen, Dr. Mist, and Impala. This is pretty cool. Sounds like a small scale version of Global Guardians.

https://www.gamesradar.com/vixen-lea...Q2sjesOJ4TsR_A
    It's about damn time Mari got some love and respect from DC. She is such a great character with tons of untapped storytelling potential. I hope this book is a huge hit. I'll be buying three of every issue (one for myself two for any other fans I can get interested).

I only wish this was an ongoing series that featured Vixen each issue rather than a different team-up, but, hey, it's a start.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-14-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Subsequent installments of Truth & Justice will showcase the heart and spirit of the wide-ranging characters featured across DC’s Multiverse," reads DC's announcement. "With an endless array of characters to choose from—heroes, villains, aliens, animals—you name it, we have it!"
    Truth & Justice will debut January 8 as a weekly digital-first title, with these weekly chapters collected into a print comic book series launching February 16
    I think some version of this concept is the future of the industry. Hopefully this becomes DC "shonen jump" you do bunch of low risk concepts online. Get a feel for what is working and what isn't working. See how does when it is put in trade format.Maybe do a mini/limited series after Then maybe it graduates to ongoing series. Of course that is me overthinking it but it is far cheap process for them, Do a book digitally feel out what the sales numbers are going to be then print stuff accordingly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think some version of this concept is the future of the industry. Hopefully this becomes DC "shonen jump" you do bunch of low risk concepts online. Get a feel for what is working and what isn't working. See how does when it is put in trade format.Maybe do a mini/limited series after Then maybe it graduates to ongoing series. Of course that is me overthinking it but it is far cheap process for them, Do a book digitally feel out what the sales numbers are going to be then print stuff accordingly.
    Yeah, I feel that DC is going to move to solos for the core 5 JL members (Trinity + Flash and Green lantern) and then team books and anthology teamups to fill up the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Yeah, I feel that DC is going to move to solos for the core 5 JL members (Trinity + Flash and Green lantern) and then team books and anthology teamups to fill up the lineup.
    What about Aquaman? I can't see him without a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A valid point that is in all probability correct given the present climate.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."