Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

They need Batman. Or maybe lets bring back African Batwing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Nightwing would be a good pick too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Please no. Even the Legion got touched by the bat. Let something be apart from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Please no. Even the Legion got touched by the bat. Let something be apart from it.
    If they let us have the book, i assure you, zero Bats will appear on my watch.

ugh thats a nah on the bats for me. one way to cheapen this idea would to start making the team another mini Justice League. the team should look foreign and distinct from the american League. plus David Zavimbe abandoned the Bat symbol to do his own thing, it would be a disservice to the character to just fall back to Bruce's shadow; if he returns he should be something new.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-01-2021 at 05:44 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Stop...wait...what happened? I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    If they let us have the book, i assure you, zero Bats will appear on my watch.
    LOL...

But Now I wanna see a future Batman.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ugh thats a nah on the bats, one way cheapen this idea would to start making the team another mini Justice League. the team should look foreign and distinct from the american League. plus David Zavimbe abandoned the Bat symbol to do his own thing, it would be a disservice to the character to just fall back to Bruce's shadow; if he returns he should be something new.
    Agreed. I would have no problem with him joining as long as it wasn't as "African Batman"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. I would have no problem with him joining as long as it wasn't as "African Batman"
    I actively hope he joins a team like the Global Guardians, especially if DC's gonna pull from more African heroes, and ESPECIALLY especially if it's as something other than "African Batman". I know they had him give up the suit purely as a cheap way to make a more accessible "Black Batman" character but I feel picking up that character thread (even just to see who he is now) would go a long way to making it feel less like David was just a disposable character to DC.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-01-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Stop...wait...what happened? I missed something.

LOL...

But Now I wanna see a future Batman.
    "Planet Gotham."

When I said one more with name recognition I meant someone like Black Lightning, Captain Atom, Mera, Firestorm, etc. Someone about the same level as Vixen who would benefit from not bigger names not being around not hey "we need a batman".Something like

Vixen
    Olympian
    Impala
    Dr. Mist
    Captain Atom or Black Lightning
    Godiva
    Jack O'Lantern
    Wild Huntsman

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    When I said one more with name recognition I meant someone like Black Lightning, Captain Atom, Mera, Firestorm, etc. Someone about the same level as Vixen who would benefit from not bigger names not being around not hey "we need a batman".Something like

Vixen
    Olympian
    Impala
    Dr. Mist
    Captain Atom or Black Lightning
    Godiva
    Jack O'Lantern
    Wild Huntsman
    The only "established" hero in our pitch for the book is Vixen. The rest of the Global Guardians will be either updated (like Olympian) or replaced with brand new characters.

The entire point is to NOT make them the "B Team" for the Justice League or some version of Batman's Outsiders. We want them to stand on their own with their own mission and their own rogues gallery of villains.

DC's catalogue is INSANELY deep. we can do this book for YEARS without overlapping with any of the other titles and never making up a new character. Just wait til you see my plans for SON OF VULCAN.

The only "established" hero in our pitch for the book is Vixen. The rest of the Global Guardians will be either updated (like Olympian) or replaced with brand new characters.

The entire point is to NOT make them the "B Team" for the Justice League or some version of Batman's Outsiders. We want them to stand on their own with their own mission and their own rogues gallery of villains.

DC's catalogue is INSANELY deep. we can do this book for YEARS without overlapping with any of the other titles and never making up a new character. Just wait til you see my plans for SON OF VULCAN.
    which one?

currently following:

Before reading these issues I might not have been looking forward to that but now I think it could work. But the paranoid fan in us wants something like this to get a fair shot so in our mind we think having another draw would help. But I get what you are trying to do I hope you get a chance to do it and DC has the patience to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ugh thats a nah on the bats for me. one way to cheapen this idea would to start making the team another mini Justice League. the team should look foreign and distinct from the american League. plus David Zavimbe abandoned the Bat symbol to do his own thing, it would be a disservice to the character to just fall back to Bruce's shadow; if he returns he should be something new.
    For some reason I thought that he died as Batwing and thats why we got another one in Gotham. But yeah, if he is still alive then he def should use his new identity and good point on DC needing to show that he was not just a throwaway character.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, this is the approach I'd prefer, too. American superhero heroes are certainly the elephant in the room that can't be ignored, but I think this book would only work if the focus is squarely on the international heroes rather a repeat of Justice League International, but with more non-Americans.

Are you in the loop in regards to how well your arc sold? I'm still not sure how to figure out how successful something digitally. It's like trying to figure out what makes a streaming show a "hit".