Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, this is the approach I'd prefer, too. American superhero heroes are certainly the elephant in the room that can't be ignored, but I think this book would only work if the focus is squarely on the international heroes rather a repeat of Justice League International, but with more non-Americans.

Are you in the loop in regards to how well your arc sold? I'm still not sure how to figure out how successful something digitally. It's like trying to figure out what makes a streaming show a "hit".
    Yeah, I think Vixen being a former/future/current member of a JL can represent the more mainstream American Superhero community already, while being somewhat of an outsiders from it. But confronting her with people who comcs where country where vigilantism isn't seen as much in a good light as in the US (most of Europe for instance) or countries which are often overlooked by the Western world (from African countries which aren't all South Africa or Kenya; Asian, like Central asian countries, etc.).

Such a team probably wouldn't be as chummy as the JL but it could be a great way to foster and showcase a better understanding between countries.

Are you in the loop in regards to how well your arc sold? I'm still not sure how to figure out how successful something digitally. It's like trying to figure out what makes a streaming show a "hit".
    I'd guess that it is important how well physical issue does in the direct market.

anybody know what's the story after Superman in truth and justice?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    anybody know what's the story after Superman in truth and justice?
    Constantine

Truth & Justice #3

What kind of man is John Constantine? Mage, con man, and a few other choice descriptors not fit to print—but sometimes, he tries to be a good guy. When he tries to stop a young teenager from getting in deep with Papa Midnite, he is faced not just with the past as he’d like to remember it, but with exactly the kind of wizard he really is. Can John help, or is he going to drive someone else into the very shadows he wanted to save them from?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Constantine

Truth & Justice #3
    oh, ok I can be down for a Contanstine story, especially with Papa Midnite.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Yeah, this is the approach I'd prefer, too. American superhero heroes are certainly the elephant in the room that can't be ignored, but I think this book would only work if the focus is squarely on the international heroes rather a repeat of Justice League International, but with more non-Americans.

I'm not in the loop. My editor seems happy. I think floppy sales will determine survival but don't quote me because, as I said, I'm not in that loop.

Everyone involved with Vixen and the Global Guardians wants to keep going.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'm not in the loop. My editor seems happy. I think floppy sales will determine survival but don't quote me because, as I said, I'm not in that loop.

Everyone involved with Vixen and the Global Guardians wants to keep going.
    Well, here's hoping. There's a lot of untapped potential in both Vixen and the Global Guardians. I would love to see it explored more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Before reading these issues I might not have been looking forward to that but now I think it could work. But the paranoid fan in us wants something like this to get a fair shot so in our mind we think having another draw would help. But I get what you are trying to do I hope you get a chance to do it and DC has the patience to stick with it.
    The thing is there is nothing that can be done.

We are dealing with a market that has issues with POC as leads and as creators. We saw a movement make that pretty clear and that included some store owners. Who have already written this off.

With that said-DC has TOO many folks on the shelf collecting dust. Along with too many books dumping Batman in there just because. How many books have we seen ruined being held hostage by Batman or Superman (looking at you Supergirl).

These books have to stand on their own. It's past time for Vixen. Especially with Shuri, Moon Girl, Far Sector, Naomi, Riri & Goldie Vance with books out there.

Arrow

Well, here's hoping. There's a lot of untapped potential in both Vixen and the Global Guardians. I would love to see it explored more.
    Indeed there is. It would be a shame if the book (including any related material) was cut down before its time. All we can do is play our part as fans (buy, buy, buy along with informing others of how great it is so they'll also buy) and hope for the best. *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I mean if the Crime Syndicate can get a 6 issue mini, I think a Vixen led Global Guardians title could do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I mean if the Crime Syndicate can get a 6 issue mini, I think a Vixen led Global Guardians title could do likewise.
    hell, they JUST kicked off a Man-Bat limited, anything is possible. best thing we can do is spread the word as fans, get people talking and hopefully DC starts listening.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-03-2021 at 12:30 AM.

currently following:

CSA has Batman variant. Yes, yes, I'm still dragging out the joke that didn't land in the first place.

If Global Guardians needs a Batman figure for sales, I rather one of the international Batmen pop up. Like El Gaucho, Nightrunner etc.

Even the Batman of China .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If Global Guardians needs a Batman figure for sales, I rather one of the international Batmen pop up. Like El Gaucho, Nightrunner etc.

Even the Batman of China .
    it doesn't, a good story with good marketing sells. DC's overexposure of Batman has made that character increasingly more irritating because DC and backseat editorial "fans" have this belief that Batman is the only character that sells. as if they don't inflate his visibility with overexposure.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve support or that he's an inherently bad character or unsellible or anything like that, but let's be real here. any character can sell with the kind of support Batman gets.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

THANK YOU.

Who ASKED for that book? NO ONE.

Yet we will see a LINE of questioning when it's certain characters at DC (and Marvel).

The FACT Betty Boop, 3 Stooges, Barbarella, Betty Page & Elvira can get MULTIPLE books and NONE of the backseat editorial fans or store owners QUESTION those book existing speaks volumes. Barbarella last had a book on shelves-a new movie was coming out called Star Wars Empire Strikes Back.

But the line starts to the left if someone suggest Vixen to lead an ongoing? She has been on 4 tv shows in the last 22 years. I can justify her.

it doesn't, a good story with good marketing sells. DC's overexposure of Batman has made that character increasingly more irritating because DC and backseat editorial "fans" have this belief that Batman is the only character that sells. as if they don't inflate his visibility with overexposure.
    No it's he is the only one assured a SPOT on the shelf no matter what the book is at DC.

Almost everyone else has to FIGHT for a spot. And now we are entering an era where guess what they are fighting back.

See Boom Comics-who is DEMANDING a spot on the shelf now. Help us all when Saga comes back.