Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have seen all the remakes done until know, and most of them are inferior to the originals by one way or another. For example, "Maleficent"; I had nothing against villains reforming, but Maleficent is one of the most emblematic villains of Disney. Soo giving Maleficent an "heroic turn" like in this movie is completely.... Unnatural. With something like this, the universe is "out of balance"; it's like the Red Skull suddenly made an heroic turn, when we can't expect that from the living incarnation of the Third Reich.

Very few of them were actually good, although with mistakes. One example was "The Jungle Book", as including more role about Mowgli's pack of wolves was a good detail; but they didn't allow the elephants have talking roles. And talking about elephants, the remake of Dumbo made an enormous mistake focusing in human characters; and the ending about freeing Dumbo and his mom in the jungle was wrong by the simple fact that you can't free a domestic animal just like that in the wild.
    I agree with you about the remakes, but I disagree about Maleficent. Because they told a completely different story (with one, very well done scene from Sleeping Beauty) it was not so much a remake as a new take on the original.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    More then that. They did three dtv lilo films and crossed over with kim possible, proud family, recess and jake long american dragon who are canon as well and had their own films and shows that take place in this world! Plus they did three seasons of the anime and two more stitch anime films as well!
    Forgot that there had been crossovers (never really saw any of the Stitch cartoons). I was trying to simplify a bit, but fair enough. (Should see about tracking down the Kim Possible one; saw a little bit of that cartoon and enjoyed that.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Forgot that there had been crossovers (never really saw any of the Stitch cartoons). I was trying to simplify a bit, but fair enough. (Should see about tracking down the Kim Possible one; saw a little bit of that cartoon and enjoyed that.)
    Kim Possible had a Disney Original Movie (live action) back in 2019.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Possible_(2019_film)

But the other remakes, I've seen a few, wasn't impressed. And pretty much everything I heard on the Mulan remake (my favorite animated film as a kid), only makes me more sour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kim Possible had a Disney Original Movie (live action) back in 2019.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Possible_(2019_film)

But the other remakes, I've seen a few, wasn't impressed. And pretty much everything I heard on the Mulan remake (my favorite animated film as a kid), only makes me more sour.
    I was thinking the crossover episode, not that movie, to be honest.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I agree with you about the remakes, but I disagree about Maleficent. Because they told a completely different story (with one, very well done scene from Sleeping Beauty) it was not so much a remake as a new take on the original.
    Remake or New Take, either way ruined the main stuff. Like I said, Maleficent is one of the best villains of Disney, and turn her into an anti-hero causes a "disturbance" in the story; just like to see Aurora's father turned into a jerk or the Three Fairies turned into idiots. It would be like seeing Ariel turned into a mermaid like the one from "Pirates of the Caribbean", a canibal beast.

Lilo a teen in the remake?

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/11/l...make-cast-tm1/

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-20-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Hmm...I loved the animated movie and series.

We have our lilo and she is not a teen! Disney changes plans from a teen version!

https://www.cbr.com/disney-lilo-stit...e-action-lilo/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Makes sense they'd have a physical Stitch model for filming.