Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Live Action Lilo And Stitch!

Crazy rich asians director will now make the live action stitch movie. Also it may be heading to the big-screen and not disney plus now like they planned. Keep in mind stitch is huge overseas even getting two cartoon spin-offs ai and stitch followed storywise by disney's stitch (aka stitch the anime or stitch 20 years later) Ai series was released last but takes place before the anime series! And you thought comic timelines were confusing! The anime had a adult lilo with her own kid!

The movie sounds like a remake of the first film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ovie-exclusive

I’m interested.
    Always loved the original movie. It reminded me and my family of when we lived in Hawaii. Hopefully the Elvis love will still be a part of things.

Another remake? And of one of the more unique animated films Disney has ever put out?

*sigh*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Another remake? And of one of the more unique animated films Disney has ever put out?

*sigh*
    I'm with you pal. WHAT IS WRONG WITH DISNEY NOWADAYS?!!!

I'm sick of the live-action remakes, they can't eclipse the original animated versions, so why they keep trying?!!!

Love the original, so I'm curious about how this one will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Keep in mind stitch is huge overseas even getting two cartoon spin-offs ai and stitch followed storywise by disney's stitch (aka stitch the anime or stitch 20 years later) Ai series was released last but takes place before the anime series! And you thought comic timelines were confusing! The anime had a adult lilo with her own kid!
    Heard of them (think the first anime was partially translated for American broadcast, but the show didn't catch on). I've kinda gathered that the tie-in shows being canonical is a bit up in the air -- or at least that the people who made the "official" direct-to-video sequel assumed that the American TV show and the direct-to-video movies that acted as the pilot and finale that their project were in a different continuity, with discrepancies to back it up.

So, I guess it would be something like:

Continuity A: Lilo and Stitch -> Stitch Has a Glitch

Continuity B: Lilo and Stitch -> American cartoon and two-tie in films -> the anime shows

(Course, I am pretty biased, since I think the first movie should've just stood alone without being franchised, so take it as you will.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm with you pal. WHAT IS WRONG WITH DISNEY NOWADAYS?!!!

I'm sick of the live-action remakes, they can't eclipse the original animated versions, so why they keep trying?!!!
    How can one be “sick” of something if they don’t indulge?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How can one be “sick” of something if they don’t indulge?
    I have seen all the remakes done until know, and most of them are inferior to the originals by one way or another. For example, "Maleficent"; I had nothing against villains reforming, but Maleficent is one of the most emblematic villains of Disney. Soo giving Maleficent an "heroic turn" like in this movie is completely.... Unnatural. With something like this, the universe is "out of balance"; it's like the Red Skull suddenly made an heroic turn, when we can't expect that from the living incarnation of the Third Reich.

Very few of them were actually good, although with mistakes. One example was "The Jungle Book", as including more role about Mowgli's pack of wolves was a good detail; but they didn't allow the elephants have talking roles. And talking about elephants, the remake of Dumbo made an enormous mistake focusing in human characters; and the ending about freeing Dumbo and his mom in the jungle was wrong by the simple fact that you can't free a domestic animal just like that in the wild.

I think Moana was the better movie featuring Polynesian culture but I'm curious. Hope It turns out well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Moana was the better movie featuring Polynesian culture but I'm curious. Hope It turns out well.
    I don't deny it, but there's an important difference after all. "Lilo & Stitch" is dated on modern times, while "Moana" is dated back in the top of the Polynesian's culture, in ancient times. So, we all know how in modern times, old stuff tends to be eclipses by stuff like technology and easy ways to do anything hard back in the old days.

I take the live action remakes on a case by case basis.
    They have no effect on the films that came before or my enjoyment of them.

As to why make them, why not?
    It’s not a new idea.
    Books get turned into movies, comics get turned into animated features, cartoons are adapted into comics etc etc mix and match rinse repeat.
    I watched The Wizard of Oz as a kid prob. a hundred times before I ever knew it was based on a book (a series actually, which I’ve read and enjoyed, same as I enjoyed the comics adaptations by by Eric Shanower and Skottie Young). The Real Ghostbusters cartoon was an excellent extension of the movie(s). Fargo. M.A.S.H. Great movies. Great series. The Hobbit was a book was a cartoon movie was a live action movie.
    And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't deny it, but there's an important difference after all. "Lilo & Stitch" is dated on modern times, while "Moana" is dated back in the top of the Polynesian's culture, in ancient times. So, we all know how in modern times, old stuff tends to be eclipses by stuff like technology and easy ways to do anything hard back in the old days.
    I like Lilo and Stitch i thinks its good. Moana imo was a great movie. One of my favorite films of the past decade. Obviously Moana is steeped in Poly culture while Lilo and Stitch just happens to take place in Hawaii. I just think Moana is a better film, I don't like it better because of how in handles the culture. Was just lumping these two films together because they are some of the only main stream films to feature Polynesian Cutlure and characters prominently. That said Stitch is my wife's favorite character. We have a **** ton of Stitch merchandise scattered around our house. And given how much merchandise is out there I'm guessing she isn't the only one who loves Stitch. Just don't think Quality wise the two movies compare, atheist for me.

Again stitch is still huge overseas. He is all over the overseas disneylands.

China they did the ai series. Again it was the last show released but takes place before the anime series. (even more confusing takes between a flashback scene from the anime series!)

Ai is in english as well.

Continuity B: Lilo and Stitch -> American cartoon and two-tie in films -> the anime shows
    More then that. They did three dtv lilo films and crossed over with kim possible, proud family, recess and jake long american dragon who are canon as well and had their own films and shows that take place in this world! Plus they did three seasons of the anime and two more stitch anime films as well!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-14-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Stitch was added to the tiki room overseas!

Kids get to talk to stitch. He speaks english as well if english kids are there.

Last video. Stitch stuff is all over the gift shops and stitch and angel meet and greets are huge there.