Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    TBH, I've become quite furious about the recent fad to have celebs host game shows. I'm disgusted with Steve Harvey, Baldwin, Anthony Anderson (and his mom), Jane Lynch, Joel McHale, and almost everybody else (I kind of tolerate Drew Carey and Wayne Brady on their shows).

So... Ken Jennings or a complete nobody. I'd probably boycott if they chose anyone else.
    I feel the same about food travel shows as well.

But in my mind Joel McHale was a TV host/personality who became a celebrity/TV actor, so him becoming a game show host kinda goes back to his old bread n' butter.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Eh. He started as an actor, but then got some hosting gigs to make ends meet. But I think the most important thing for a game show host is that I don't know of you outside of your game show. Exceptions should be few and far between (like Groucho, Richard Dawson, Regis, maybe a few others).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Jeff Probst from Survivor. I mean there may never be another season of Survivor for a while if ever? Plus Trebek mentioned Probst as someone he thought would be a good host for Jeopardy.

I'm all in on Ken Jennings. He's legitimately really smart, has long time ties to the show, has a producer credit now, and was clearly being groomed by Alex these past few months. Before this, the only other guy I thought of was Neil Degrasse Tyson.

But I'm in complete agreement with the idea that some random celebrity would be stupid and frankly disrespectful.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My pick for a while has been Ben Mankiewicz.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm all in on Ken Jennings. He's legitimately really smart, has long time ties to the show, has a producer credit now, and was clearly being groomed by Alex these past few months. Before this, the only other guy I thought of was Neil Degrasse Tyson.

But I'm in complete agreement with the idea that some random celebrity would be stupid and frankly disrespectful.
    Yup. Fortunately, Jennings has been named to the roster of guest hosts for the relaunch.

I was intrigued by suggestions of Jon Stewart. I love the guy, and he's smart enough, but he's got too many pointy edges, and you need to sell this show to a wide range of people.