Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Last Stand Spider-Man, classic Jack O'Lantern and Scarlet Spider.

These are all nice.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hallow's Eve, classic Tombstone and Spider-Assassin.

Lilandra

Astonishing Member

Lilandra -- yah. Wish it was her original non-armored look from the Cockrum issues of X-Men, but this is okay. Her sister Deathbird (in classic costume from Ms. Marvel series) is long overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Lilandra -- yah. Wish it was her original non-armored look from the Cockrum issues of X-Men, but this is okay. Her sister Deathbird (in classic costume from Ms. Marvel series) is long overdue!
    I don't mind this armored "classic" Lilandra look, but she needs something in her hands.

Agree with purple, lavender and black costumed/winged Deathbird, complete with Black Widow-type bracers and javelins!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

X-Men 97 wave 2. Hero suit Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Goblin Queen and the X-Cutioner.

Wolverine anniversary line. Variations of Logan with 90s Sabretooth, Lilandra, Joe Fixit and Psylocke.

Also revealed were Sam Wilson Captain America, Hydra Cap, and classic Angel.

Last edited by Holt; 12-14-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Nice to see an update on classic Angel, but thought the blue version was more popular than the red.

Incredible Member

Nice to see an update on classic Angel, but thought the blue version was more popular than the red.
    Yeah, the classic Neal Adams designed halo costume in dark blue/black is one of my all time favorite looks for a comic book character. I'm sure there will be a future release of this figure with a variant paint job though. Maybe that's intentional on Hasbro's part, just like with the Banshee figure released in the 3 pack. A lot of fans have waited so long for a really good re-sculpt of these guys that they'll wind up buying both versions because they're not sure if/when the version they really want will be released. I'm in this category. That Angel figure is a thing of beauty!

I prefer the red since it looks more heroic, but the blue will be done in the future.

I don't know if the blue is more popular in general, but it is with me!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, the classic Neal Adams designed halo costume in dark blue/black is one of my all time favorite looks for a comic book character. I'm sure there will be a future release of this figure with a variant paint job though. Maybe that's intentional on Hasbro's part, just like with the Banshee figure released in the 3 pack. A lot of fans have waited so long for a really good re-sculpt of these guys that they'll wind up buying both versions because they're not sure if/when the version they really want will be released. I'm in this category. That Angel figure is a thing of beauty!
    I think the dark blue just says "Angel". I loved that look, but it did not last long. Conversely, I dislike the red.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't know if the blue is more popular in general, but it is with me!
    I'm going by how difficult it was to get a blue variant when Toybiz was in charge of the line. I ordered mine from Amazon -- and they kept sending me a red one. I think I finally got the blue one on ebay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think the dark blue just says "Angel". I loved that look, but it did not last long. Conversely, I dislike the red.
    Yeah, the red was only created because when he started wearing it again in Champions, there were too many other members in dark blue (Black Widow, Ghost Rider, and future member Darkstar). I think even Bobby was wearing dark blue trunks and boots when not in ice mode. I didn't have a problem with the red, but the dark blue is much more striking, IMHO.