Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Magneto helmet prop.

This is very cool!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Nighthawk and Blur 2-pack.

Astonishing Member

I'd prefer a more classic color scheme for Blur (Whizzer). Yellow/blue over yellow/black, but this ain't bad. I already have the Nighthawk I want, but this one looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd prefer a more classic color scheme for Blur (Whizzer). Yellow/blue over yellow/black, but this ain't bad. I already have the Nighthawk I want, but this one looks pretty good.
    I have to agree.

I never thought we would see this Whizzer costume, but I really want it in blue/yellow with the wider shoulder cuffs and no red accents.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

More Squadron Supreme? Awesome!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

No one is going to buy these two and not buy Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum, and consequently Power Princess. They should've made it a 5 figure box set, especially since they are basic figures with decals and a snap-on cape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No one is going to buy these two and not buy Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum, and consequently Power Princess. They should've made it a 5 figure box set, especially since they are basic figures with decals and a snap-on cape.
    I already have Hype and the Nighthawk I want, so would just have preferred single card figures. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that they are using the contemporary designs over classic. Fortunately, Doc Spectrum's contemporary looks is classic. I don't mind PP's contemporary looks as she's changed costumes almost as much as the Wasp. But I would love to see more of the classic Squadron to include Golden Archer and Lady Lark. Avengers #141 is one of my favorite Marvel covers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have to agree.

I never thought we would see this Whizzer costume, but I really want it in blue/yellow with the wider shoulder cuffs and no red accents.
    Yeah, I would have preferred the classic Squadron Sinister/Supreme look too, but it's really not even the same character. This is as close as we're ever going to get I think. Whizzer has had many different looks, and this one is probably closest to the original. I kind of really liked the Perez black and yellow from the nineties Avengers comic too. I would also gave preferred the original Nighthawk costume, or the modified one that he wore in the Mark Gruenwald miniseries, but this one isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, I would have preferred the classic Squadron Sinister/Supreme look too, but it's really not even the same character. This is as close as we're ever going to get I think. Whizzer has had many different looks, and this one is probably closest to the original. I kind of really liked the Perez black and yellow from the nineties Avengers comic too. I would also gave preferred the original Nighthawk costume, or the modified one that he wore in the Mark Gruenwald miniseries, but this one isn't bad.
    Oh, I did not know that this Whizzer is a different character! Perhaps that is why the costume is slightly different?

I know that is a differnt Nighthawk, but it looks good with the Gold color. Did we ever get a classic Nighthawk figure?

I need that Mach 1 Ironman. That suit is one of my favorites!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Amazon exclusive West Coast Avengers box set.

Incredible Member

Oh, I did not know that this Whizzer is a different character! Perhaps that is why the costume is slightly different?

I know that is a differnt Nighthawk, but it looks good with the Gold color. Did we ever get a classic Nighthawk figure?
    Yeah, this version of the Squadron were artificial beings created by Mephisto to mess with the Avengers. We got Defenders version of Nighthawk, but never a first appearance one. I was hoping this would be it, but no such luck.

Astonishing Member

Yes, we got the character from Defenders in an Avengers series of Legends from a few years ago. I also would have preferred the light blue/black outfit, but again, this isn't the classic Squadron. The newest version was created by Mephisto with guidance from Coulson. It didn't include all of the members that the classic version had. Oh, Tom Thumb would have been nice as well!

Astonishing Member

I'm happy to see another Tigra, but not sure about this WCA boxed set. Also -- she looks like she's missing most of her hair! And the costume doesn't look quite right -- the belt always wrapped around her entire waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Amazon exclusive West Coast Avengers box set.

One of my favorite series of all time. I'm definitely buying the hell out of this!

My wishlist is slowly whittling down. Now, if they can just give me Jack of Hearts, Spitfire, the Great Lake Avengers, Firebird (or the entire Rangers lineup), American Eagle, Stingray, the original Agents of Atlas, Son of Satan, Jolt, Slapstick, 3D Man, and Le Peregrine, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 05-24-2023 at 03:34 PM.