Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 53 Preview Bags is Back

That art is clean!!! I'm excited for Bagley to be back on his game!

spoilers:
    And WOW!!! Right off the bat, Spencer?! That's...surprising, given last issue. Hopefully this one is a lot better and more focused than the previous one.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not gonna give anything away, as I honestly do not know what's going on from this point, but things are definitely not as they seem, are they?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks like this issue may explain what's going on with Harry, since before it wasn't clear if Kindred even knew, or cared, about Normie.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hoooooly ****. Isn’t the Pete waking up scene similar to....

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yes! Either this confirms it or its the most massive fakeout of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yes! Either this confirms it or its the most massive fakeout of all time.
    If it's a fakeout, I'll laugh so hard at the audacity, will show that Spencer learned from Slott .

Amazing Member

Spencer’s doing it!!!!! Literally almost identical panel framing, exact same dialogue!!! I really hope once Spencer deals with OMD he stays on the book for a good long time after. It’d be sad if he did all this work to fix Spider Man, only for someone like Slott to come along and write insanely out of character stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If it's a fakeout, I'll laugh so hard at the audacity, will show that Spencer learned from Slott .
    If this is some massive fakeout, it might be time for me to jump off the ASM ship because damn that would be brutal as hell. Lol
    Last edited by RD155; 11-13-2020 at 05:27 PM.

is this how OMD began?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Looks like this issue may explain what's going on with Harry, since before it wasn't clear if Kindred even knew, or cared, about Normie.
    Yeah, some explaining would be appreciated at this time. I'm sick of not getting anything of this. But if those were actually Liz and Normie, then I suppose Kindred is actually Harry, somehow.

To what? I can imagine the scenario, although it would surely have a horrible twist kinda like "Nightmare on Elm Street". So, what similar scene are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not gonna give anything away, as I honestly do not know what's going on from this point, but things are definitely not as they seem, are they?
    I lost track of the story from the beginning, honestly. This is so confusing. But either way, I'm not worried about the last panel on ASM #52, because it's obvious Peter is going to keep going one way or another. And this is definitely not like "Superior Spider-Man", and they better don't dare to try something like that before. Dead never stay dead in comics, except Uncle Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    is this how OMD began?
    This is the page from One More Day after the deal is made with Mephisto:

It matches the preview page exactly:

This is a direct reference.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-13-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

Oh my god, this gives me a terrible idea that the world Parker is waking up in is the OMD timeline condemned to hell, like what if all the Spidey characters from that timeline are the originals and the ones weve known since OMD are pulled from a divergent timeline or something? Would Marvel allow such a big reveal? Would make sense for Harry and family of hes the Harry from this timeline, aka the original, while BND Harry/Liz/Normie were from a divergent timeline, Harry looking on his sleeping family remarking on Normie comfortable despite hell.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is the page from One More Day after the deal is made with Mephisto:

It matches the preview page exactly:

This is a direct reference.
    Bless you Nick Spencer, Bless you!!!!!!!
    Wonder if the bit with Normie is actually taking place, or it’s a kind of hallucination/dream. Interesting this overtly reference the moment after OMD. Kindred killed Spider-Man last issue and next issue we’re back to another place he died(the character assassination of OMD)I’m leaning a bit more into the theory that Kindred is both Harry and a portion of Peter’s(and possibly MJ’s soul). Wonder how Spencer got this past the high ups at Marvel. Maybe they’ve learned their lesson,maybe?

Nick Spencer I love you lol.

I think this story is moving along at a methodical pace, it was fun seeing the fight last issue but it certainly wasn't the true main event of the story.

I knew it had to be One More Day that it was pointing to, I've been saying all the clues couldn't just be superfluous but the deal is sealed right now. Pun def intended
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 11-13-2020 at 07:21 PM.