Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

So what i got out of the scans was spoilers:
    Harry showed Peter pages from OMD where he was trying to get to MJ but couldn't then revives him and reveals his identity. THE END
    end of spoilers

I guess it's a cool way of showing things but it doesn't really tell us much we didn't know. Kinda of stalling for the reveal in issue 55 I think. Though going off the pages it just seems more likely it's going to have something with Peter / MJ not being able to be together due to OMD. I am interested to see who else kindred brings into this as next issues scan was that Kindred isn't just tormenting Peter anymore. Though this solicit was misleading since there was no brutal fight. I guess the solicit was talking about last issue then.

EDIT: seems like at least a couple pages are missing from the cans shown so that may help fill in some gaps. Plus there is light reflecting over something Harry says I can't read.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-17-2020 at 06:31 PM.

I wouldn't judge the issue based off the out-of-context scans. That's not really fair to Spencer, Bagley, and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I wouldn't judge the issue based off the out-of-context scans. That's not really fair to Spencer, Bagley, and the rest.
    I hope there's more to the issue than what the scan makes it look like, if it's another "This issue has all of the content of half an issue" like ASM#52, I'll be annoyed at Spencer for wasting time like this for the sake of padding again.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Why not people here are already judging even though the arc wasn't over yet
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I do love Bagley's art in this issue though. Excited to see all the pages and read it from start to finish in one sitting. I'm going to have a lot of questions waiting for the next issue, LOL.

Note, spoilers:
    I love how Spencer chose to redo the scene at the end of OMD. I always thought the scene was well done in a surreal sort of dreamlike way but during OMD I could barely stand it for what it was doing. This time reading the scene is much more fun because Peter just wants to get with MJ and couldn't give a shit about everyone else at the party just getting in his way from doing that. Really cool angle and it is very satisfying juxtaposition from what happened last time Peter went through that.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-17-2020 at 07:31 PM.

PREDICTION:

This is not a fakeout.

After a decade of this drama hanging over the Spidey community, Marvel staff and Spencer plotted a way they are confident will address OMD and the marriage in a way they hope will be exciting, a bit unpredictable, and will land the character in a place that most of the fans will appreciate.

~30% of the fans will NOT be happy with what they do and will be b*tching about this on the boards for the next 10 years and will not let it rest no matter what

Also:

They are going to screw with us bigtime from here on out until this narrative resolves. lmao .....

But in the end they will definitely resolve this. It's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    let me guess if he doesnt write what you want he fails rights?

Very possible, he might be the vanguard of the 30% I just called out above

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post

Very possible, he might be the vanguard of the 30% I just called out above
    No one was complaining in the Spider-Man community before OMD, only after. If the marriage returns I don't think you will see many complaints. I think the more hardcore fans who complain about the marriage going away are just much more passionate about the issue, while the ones who prefer him single aren't really that passionate on the stance.

Actually after rereading your post you may be right. If they address and resolve One More Day without putting the marriage back, there will still be people complaining about it. Not sure if I will be one. I just have to wait and see how they handle it. If it ends with Peter and MJ practically acting as if they were married / happy / living together, just without the ring on the finger, I'd be fine with that as a middle ground approach... it would be mandatory that their memories of the marriage be in place though. I want them to remember the marriage happened just like we read it. That's really my biggest thing. Erase the retcon. I really want to believe those stories still count so when we read them we don't have to play mental gymnastics to all the references of them being married and wonder what Peter and MJ actually experienced post-OMD continuity.

I have to believe Spencer's end game for his run is going to address the marriage in a big way, just look at the way his run opened. That issue is basically a celebration of the marriage and he has highlighted it multiple times in his run.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-17-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No one was complaining in the Spider-Man community before OMD, only after. If the marriage returns I don't think you will see many complaints. I think the more hardcore fans who complain about the marriage going away are just much more passionate about the issue, while the ones who prefer him single aren't really that passionate on the stance.

Actually after rereading your post you may be right. If they address and resolve One More Day without putting the marriage back, there will still be people complaining about it. Not sure if I will be one. I just have to wait and see how they handle it. If it ends with Peter and MJ practically acting as if they were married / happy / living together, just without the ring on the finger, I'd be fine with that as a middle ground approach... it would be mandatory that their memories of the marriage be in place though. I want them to remember the marriage happened just like we read it. That's really my biggest thing. Erase the retcon. I really want to believe those stories still count so when we read them we don't have to play mental gymnastics to all the references of them being married and wonder what Peter and MJ actually experienced post-OMD continuity.

I have to believe Spencer's end game for his run is going to address the marriage in a big way, just look at the way his run opened. That issue is basically a celebration of the marriage and he has highlighted it multiple times in his run.
    I seriously doubt the marriage will be restored, just can't see Marvel actually going for it, even before Quesada was around we had higher ups trying to remove it, be it divorce or killing MJ off, and I doubt it's any better now that Quesada isn't an EiC anymore.

Even if it comes back, what's to stop Marvel from doing OMD2 once they decide once again that the marriage is a mistake?

It just hit me that this seems to indicate the Harry that resurrected at the end of OMD is also Kindred. What does that mean for the other Harry? Is it the same as this one? Is there only one Harry and he is Kindred? I'm so confused!

Was the scene at the end of OMD a dream ... a transistion of the deal to the new reality that starts in issue 546? Or was it just a random day sometime in the future? Like when the deal happened did Peter go into that exact moment as part of it?

I wonder if that scene can be explained more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I seriously doubt the marriage will be restored, just can't see Marvel actually going for it, even before Quesada was around we had higher ups trying to remove it, be it divorce or killing MJ off, and I doubt it's any better now that Quesada isn't an EiC anymore.

Even if it comes back, what's to stop Marvel from doing OMD2 once they decide once again that the marriage is a mistake?
    Nothing.... let's.... just not get into it.

Fantastic Member

These is one thing confusing me...

spoilers:
    Was Harry/Kindred hail and hearty all this time? Because that did NOT look like a corpses face there! Heck, the mask itself seemed to be a fake monster-like appearance... yet, we saw Pete punch a hole in his chest. Yet, at the same time, it seems obvious Kindred has demonic powers, so was he just showing his familiar face to unnerve Pete? I mean, Harry did kill Pete after all, possessed the Order of the Web, as well as revived Sin-Eater and gave him powers
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    These is one thing confusing me...

spoilers:
    Was Harry/Kindred hail and hearty all this time? Because that did NOT look like a corpses face there! Heck, the mask itself seemed to be a fake monster-like appearance... yet, we saw Pete punch a hole in his chest. Yet, at the same time, it seems obvious Kindred has demonic powers, so was he just showing his familiar face to unnerve Pete? I mean, Harry did kill Pete after all, possessed the Order of the Web, as well as revived Sin-Eater and gave him powers
    end of spoilers
    He might have real magic, but surely he stole some tricks from Mysterio.