Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Please, don't be a fakeout.

It's going to be a fakeout, isn't it?
    A fake out is Scenario:A. Erasing OMD is Scenario: B. Actually finding a way to justify OMD and thus keeping it until Amazing 1000 is Scenario: C. This is the attitude Marvel took towards Clone Saga. They could decide that not only OMD but The Other and Sins Past are worth keeping. Is it likely? No but I would not put it past the Marvel Office.

Mighty Member

The previews reminded me a bit of the last part of One More Day, where Peter wakes up in May's House.
    My guess, this is a 'timeline that could have existed' moment.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The previews reminded me a bit of the last part of One More Day, where Peter wakes up in May's House.
    My guess, this is a 'timeline that could have existed' moment.
    I imagine it’s some kind of “dream” constructed by Kindred like we’ve seen previously. Probably Kindred finally showing Peter what it is he has to be guilty for.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    A fake out is Scenario:A. Erasing OMD is Scenario: B. Actually finding a way to justify OMD and thus keeping it until Amazing 1000 is Scenario: C. This is the attitude Marvel took towards Clone Saga. They could decide that not only OMD but The Other and Sins Past are worth keeping. Is it likely? No but I would not put it past the Marvel Office.
    Marvel should just acknowledge OMD, adres it in Comics, and let Peter (and MJ) save the day, which means, triumph over Mephisto

In an epic story, no less!
    Last Remains starts to feel like an introduction to that story...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Marvel should just acknowledge OMD, adres it in Comics, and let Peter (and MJ) save the day, which means, triumph over Mephisto

In an epic story, no less!
    Last Remains starts to feel like an introduction to that story...
    I agree 100% with you but Marvel is stubborn. I mentioned about Clone Saga before but they also had the bizarro idea from JMS about Gwen and Peter having kids, but instead of taking that idea and throwing it in the trash where it belonged, they thought they could improve things and we got Sins Past instead.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree 100% with you but Marvel is stubborn. I mentioned about Clone Saga before but they also had the bizarro idea from JMS about Gwen and Peter having kids, but instead of taking that idea and throwing it in the trash where it belonged, they thought they could improve things and we got Sins Past instead.
    I agree that Marvel are stubborn, but I'd say less so than 10 years ago.
    The Marvel of 2010 is a very different place to the Marvel of 2020. Back then, they not only ignored the marriage ever happened, but they doubled down and outrighted trolled shippers at times. Jackpot was an entire character designed to piss off MJ fans and OMIT was just an excuse to say that Marvel was right.
    2020 Marvel at least seems a bit more reflective, as in they admit OMD may have been a mistake. The opening pages of this run back in 802 wasn't a set-up to what Spencer was doing, it was a direct reference to the last great story of the Marriage.
    I think the editors or higher ups at Marvel are wanting to address the fact they... Well did **** for many years.

I should also note that Clone Saga was a mess simply because the book had no direction. At least Sins Past and OMD had that direction (and were under Quasadea whom didn't have great ideas for Spider-man in general).

I'm not saying Marvel aren't stubborn, they are stubborn as Hell, but I think they are at least trying to address problems People have had for years.

Mighty Member

I think Maybe Kindred Is showing Peter the life he left behind before BND and the Deal he made with the devil hanse the dead people that kindred is showing
    and Harry [Kindred] Doesn't like the new life because of the Deal peter made
    Last edited by fin5; 11-14-2020 at 04:58 PM.

You have a lot of people with some really high hopes and expectations for this issue and reveal...(myself included)

Lol I swear if this is some fakeout, it’s going to be really entertaining to see the saltiness that will run rampant on this board. Lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I think Maybe Kindred Is showing Peter the life he left behind before BND and the Deal he made with the devil hanse the dead people that kindred is showing
    Very much like a Christmas Carol with Peter as Scrooge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    If that's the case, then I'm extremely curious as to how he'll handle Peter's secret identity.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    You have a lot of people with some really high hopes and expectations for this issue and reveal...(myself included)

Lol I swear if this is some fakeout, it’s going to be really entertaining to see the saltiness that will run rampant on this board. Lol
    Just a suggestion -

Marvel doesn't care about saltiness (some people there actually enjoy fan meltdowns, or so I've been told) the only thing they care about is revenue or in this case more exactly sales. If you, or anyone else, want to send them a message of disapproval don't buy Amazing Spider-Man for a month. I've been boycotting the books since Otto was reverted and, hey, I'm happy. I have nothing that frustrates me anymore (well, 616 Peter Parker related anyway lol). My energy is positive and I feel great.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-14-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Just a suggestion -

Marvel doesn't care about saltiness (some people there actually enjoy fan meltdowns, or so I've been told) the only thing they care about is revenue or in this case more exactly sales. If you, or anyone else, want to send them a message of disapproval don't buy Amazing Spider-Man for a month. I've been boycotting the books since Otto was reverted and, hey, I'm happy. I have nothing that frustrates me anymore (well, 616 Peter Parker related anyway lol). My energy is positive and I feel great.
    If that's the case, then how have you been keeping up with Spider-Man lore? Just reading the comments?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If that's the case, then how have you been keeping up with Spider-Man lore? Just reading the comments?
    Yup, that's exactly what I've been doing. But to be perfectly honest between exciting dynamic titles such as Immortal Hulk, X-Men books, Venom, Miles, Batman stuff, exact I don't care if I have gaps in 616 Peter's stagnant lore.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-14-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

Honestly, I feel like if it's a fake out, Marvel won't do just that, when they wanna do bullshit they may end up going a step beyond, like pulling a fucking Hydra Cap on top of a fake out.

I'll legit laugh if just a fake out happens, I know I can sound annoyingly cynical, but comic books just aren't trust worthy to do good ****, Marvel outright lying often enough doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Just a suggestion -

Clone Saga is the biggest example of how much a company will only care about the money they're making, the story was all kinds of overbloated, convoluted garbage, but it went on for 2 years 'cause fans kept buying.

So yeah, vote with your wallet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Honestly, I feel like if it's a fake out, Marvel won't do just that, when they wanna do bullshit they may end up going a step beyond, like pulling a fucking Hydra Cap on top of a fake out.

I'll legit laugh if just a fake out happens, I know I can sound annoyingly cynical, but comic books just aren't trust worthy to do good ****, Marvel outright lying often enough doesn't help.

Clone Saga is the biggest example of how much a company will only care about the money they're making, the story was all kinds of overbloated, convoluted garbage, but it went on for 2 years 'cause fans kept buying.

So yeah, vote with your wallet lol.
    Peter Parker: I shot Uncle Ben.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona