Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I love how Cellgress always comes back to tell us how happy he is not to be reading Spider-Man. In my case I havent been this happy reading Spider-Man since pre-OMD and the current arc is killing it.

Spencer has been writing Spider-Man how i longed and dreamed of for the 10 long years between OMD amd the end of Slott’s run.

I literally had a very similar concept around Peter having nightmares and stuff that lead to OMD beimg addressed. That was my dream idea for the book and it’s actually happening.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-14-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I love how Cellgress always comes back to tell us how happy he is not to be reading Spider-Man. In my case I havent been this happy reading Spider-Man since pre-OMD amd the current arc is killing it.
    You're welcome. I aim to please.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'll wait until I see where this is going before I jump back in.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That wasn't a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    *shrugs* Ah, whatever, I see no reason to become upset over a fictional character anymore.

It wasnt really a diss, I just think its funny and I was saying it in good fun really.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'll wait until I see where this is going before I jump back in.
    I totally get it. After the nightmare 10 years post OMD most people would be numb and distrustful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I totally get it. After the nightmare 10 years post OMD most people would be numb and distrustful.
    That and what happened recently to Otto for no apparent reason (they've done nothing with him of any significance since) has burned me on all things 616 Peter I freely admit, but I digress.

I guess I just don't like cynicism, that's all.

I guess I just don't like cynicism, that's all.
    Didn't you recently complain and have a mini-argument with another user because you feared that the last issue was going "nowhere"? I don't want to pick a fight with you but this stance seems a tad hypocritical. Sorry if I'm mistaken and that was someone else.

Edit - issue not story

Didn't you recently complain and have a mini-argument with another user because you feared that the last story was going "nowhere"? I don't want to pick a fight with you but this stance seems a tad hypocritical. Sorry if I'm mistaken and that was someone else.
    Yes, and I admitted I was wrong. But this isn't about me.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

This is looking to be fantastic! Kudos to Nick Spencer, and, that Bagley art, lovely!

Yes, and I admitted I was wrong. But this isn't about me.
    And it isn't about me either. This thread is about the present issue. I replied to a post with a suggestion and that was it. I have nothing more to say on the subject as I haven't read any issues of Amazing in a considerable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Honestly, I feel like if it's a fake out, Marvel won't do just that, when they wanna do bullshit they may end up going a step beyond, like pulling a fucking Hydra Cap on top of a fake out.

I'll legit laugh if just a fake out happens, I know I can sound annoyingly cynical, but comic books just aren't trust worthy to do good shit, Marvel outright lying often enough doesn't help.
    Nah being cynical is completely understandable with everything us Spider-Man fans have been through lol. I already know that it’s most likely a mistake for me to get my hopes up but I just can’t help it lol.

The cynical approach is the smart approach. However I’m a gambling man...I’m putting all my chips on the table and betting that Spencer knocks it out the park.

And it isn't about me either. This thread is about the present issue. I replied to a post with a suggestion and that was it. I have nothing more to say on the subject as I haven't read any issues of Amazing in a considerable amount of time.
    I don't want to talk with you anymore, Celgress.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If that's the case, then I'm extremely curious as to how he'll handle Peter's secret identity.
    maybe that why Dr Stange is there