Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

God I just OMD to be undone and for MJ and Peter to be married again. Honestly its time for Aunt May to res in peace man. Let her join Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    God I just OMD to be undone and for MJ and Peter to be married again. Honestly its time for Aunt May to res in peace man. Let her join Ben.
    I don't want Aunt May dead necessarily just OMD to be undone or at least addressed. Surely in the infinite possibilities world of comic books limited only by imagination, we can have both things, right?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't want Aunt May dead necessarily just OMD to be undone or at least addressed. Surely in the infinite possibilities world of comic books limited only by imagination, we can have both things, right?
    IMD won't be undone but it will be acknowledged. As far as Aunt May I do think she needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Peter Parker: I shot Uncle Ben.
    Hm, not dumb enough, how about...

Peter: I am uncle Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Nah being cynical is completely understandable with everything us Spider-Man fans have been through lol. I already know that it’s most likely a mistake for me to get my hopes up but I just can’t help it lol.

The cynical approach is the smart approach. However I’m a gambling man...I’m putting all my chips on the table and betting that Spencer knocks it out the park.
    Hey, if you guys who are hoping for OMD to be addressed get what you want, you'll certainly be happier with it than people like me, I'll only be mildly pleased, if even that much.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    maybe that why Dr Stange is there
    What, is he gonna do another "once in a lifetime" spell to make everyone forget his secret identity? .

Y'know, OMD being actually undone would have everyone remembering Spidey's secret identity again, an often forgotten detail lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    IMD won't be undone but it will be acknowledged. As far as Aunt May I do think she needs to go.
    It'd be weird to kill her with this story when she got cancer back in Friendly Neighborhood, but it went on remission, could always have used that as an excuse to kill her off.

That and what happened recently to Otto for no apparent reason (they've done nothing with him of any significance since) has burned me on all things 616 Peter I freely admit, but I digress.
    I think you're at a point where you need to distance yourself from comics altogether for an unspecified amount of time, and allow all the information you've read to work itself out in your head. You are clearly disgusted with Spider-Man's entire situation, and I'm sure that bleeds over into other characters you normally enjoy, too. You probably can't see it, but your outlook has turned entirely pessimistic. You aren't appreciative of the stories anymore; You actually hate them, and your mind needs a break. When you are able to read a Spider-Man comic and highlight the good instead of what you didn't like, you might be ready to return. You need to get to the point where you're appreciative that Amazing Spider-Man still exists for you to read, and enjoy it for what it is; entertainment. A temporary escape from bills and assholes, that won't be around forever. I hope you realize this is earnest advice, because comics should never be at a place in your life where it's a major decision whether or not to read them, and they are way more fun when you look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    I think you're at a point where you need to distance yourself from comics altogether for an unspecified amount of time, and allow all the information you've read to work itself out in your head. You are clearly disgusted with Spider-Man's entire situation, and I'm sure that bleeds over into other characters you normally enjoy, too. You probably can't see it, but your outlook has turned entirely pessimistic. You aren't appreciative of the stories anymore; You actually hate them, and your mind needs a break. When you are able to read a Spider-Man comic and highlight the good instead of what you didn't like, you might be ready to return. You need to get to the point where you're appreciative that Amazing Spider-Man still exists for you to read, and enjoy it for what it is; entertainment. A temporary escape from bills and assholes, that won't be around forever. I hope you realize this is earnest advice, because comics should never be at a place in your life where it's a major decision whether or not to read them, and they are way more fun when you look forward to it.
    Not at all, I enjoy many comic books without problems or complaints. For example, Immortal Hulk is a current favorite of mine. I also enjoy Miles Morales, oh, and the X-Men love 'em. The problem with 616 Peter Parker is he's juvenile retrograde crap and has been for years now, IMO, of course.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-14-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Slott even seemed to forget about that baby in #800. It also hasnt been shown at Harry and Liz's apartment in Venom stuff either.

Assumingly Kindred wouldn't care about that baby since BND Harry had it, not him.
    I think Harry and Liz living together was just in The Good Son which I don't think is cannon (Norman being alive and all). As far as I know clone(?) Harry probably still has his own house.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    I think Harry and Liz living together was just in The Good Son which I don't think is cannon (Norman being alive and all). As far as I know clone(?) Harry probably still has his own house.
    Its canon, theres also the canon story on youtube that follows Harry vs Carnage-Norman at his apartment in the middle of Absolute Carnage.(Norman also keeps getting surges of pain when he tries to kill Harry in this, maybe a coincidence but also maybe nod to Kindred)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey, if you guys who are hoping for OMD to be addressed get Y'know, OMD being actually undone would have everyone remembering Spidey's secret identity again, an often forgotten detail lol.
    There's that sweet, sweet synergy with theatrical release of Spider-Man 3 . Well, at least it would be, if the movie was coming out in January 2021, or something.

As for Aunt may dying or not, I don't really care that much. In my opinion she's irrelevant. Last time I enjoyed reading her was during JMS run. Has Spencer even addressed Aunt May in his run? I honestly can't remember

Last thing I remember about her, that she had cancer and she was undergoing some kind of therapy? I thought that was connected in some way to OMD and Kindred.

Oh, and do You guys remember a few years ago, that we had a few references to OMD im other comics, like for example - Spider-Man & Deadpool? The biggest one, when DP killed Peter and he met Mephisto in hell. Or maybe it was a dream? Still something of the sort happened. I wonder if Spencer had something to do with it, or just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    There's that sweet, sweet synergy with theatrical release of Spider-Man 3 . Well, at least it would be, if the movie was coming out in January 2021, or something.

As for Aunt may dying or not, I don't really care that much. In my opinion she's irrelevant. Last time I enjoyed reading her was during JMS run. Has Spencer even addressed Aunt May in his run? I honestly can't remember

Last thing I remember about her, that she had cancer and she was undergoing some kind of therapy? I thought that was connected in some way to OMD and Kindred.

Oh, and do You guys remember a few years ago, that we had a few references to OMD im other comics, like for example - Spider-Man & Deadpool? The biggest one, when DP killed Peter and he met Mephisto in hell. Or maybe it was a dream? Still something of the sort happened. I wonder if Spencer had something to do with it, or just a coincidence.
    Yes Aunt May was focused on in issue 14-15 where she met Ned Leeds. I also remember she gave Peter the engagement rimg in issue 29 that he was going to propose with. She also was working at the FEAST center in ASM post-FNSM. I dont remember the outcome of the cancer but I thought she was doing better after treatment? It has been a while since we’ve seen her though.

Incredible Member

Aunt May revealing she has cancer in a satellite title only for it to be referenced in passing in the flagship title is the type of nonsense that made me stop buying satellite titles. The only satellite issue that seemed to be important was the convo with Jameson issue and even that I didn’t waste time on because of the story surrounding that one issue.

Mighty Member

Aunt May has always been a character that no writer seems to know what to do with.
    When Peter was a teenager, she fulfilled the role as a parental figure, even through she was aged and treated more like a grandmother.
    As Peter got older, she somehow stayed the same age (I'm fairly certain she's hitting 80, if not 90) and so she doesn't really have much of a place in modern Spider-man.
    Peter has MJ, he has Jonah and he has his roommates, hell he even has a sister. One big problem I have with the run is how little we get if this supporting cast, which is a Shame as it's a good supporting cast to have

I wouldn't be surprised if May getting cancer will be used as a back door for writers to later pick up on if they ever wanted to kill her off, or if it was a sort of cross title foreshadowing as to May's fate.

It also seems that every writer would love to kill her off, if only because at this point, she's sadly being underused, but editorial are like 'nah'.

Anyway, I doubt OMD would be undone, but it looks like it's going to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yes Aunt May was focused on in issue 14-15 where she met Ned Leeds. I also remember she gave Peter the engagement rimg in issue 29 that he was going to propose with. She also was working at the FEAST center in ASM post-FNSM. I dont remember the outcome of the cancer but I thought she was doing better after treatment? It has been a while since we’ve seen her though.
    Thank You!

I wouldn't be surprised if May getting cancer will be used as a back door for writers to later pick up on if they ever wanted to kill her off, or if it was a sort of cross title foreshadowing as to May's fate.

It also seems that every writer would love to kill her off, if only because at this point, she's sadly being underused, but editorial are like 'nah'.
    I liked her death in #300. It was sad but powerful, and then we got this weird stuff with genetically altered actress... Oh well, the good outcome from this, is that we got a JMS written version.

I don't think Aunt May would die in or post Last Remains. As FFJamie94 pointed out, her cancer is probably a backdoor if they ever wanted to kill her.
    As much as I would love OMD to get acknowledged and "sort of" reversed, I wouldn't want to see May dying as a result.

Mighty Member

Thank You!

I liked her death in #300. It was sad but powerful, and then we got this weird stuff with genetically altered actress... Oh well, the good outcome from this, is that we got a JMS written version.
    Thats 400. 300 is venom
    I don't think Aunt May would die in or post Last Remains. As FFJamie94 pointed out, her cancer is probably a backdoor if they ever wanted to kill her.
    As much as I would love OMD to get acknowledged and "sort of" reversed, I wouldn't want to see May dying as a result.
    I think its time aunt May to die i mean think about afred

Thank You!

Small correction, it was #400, #300 is Venom's story.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona