Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

HOLY F***ING ****. OH MY GOD NICK SPENCER. I can't say anything more, I won't say anything more. Let's wait!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Aunt May revealing she has cancer in a satellite title only for it to be referenced in passing in the flagship title is the type of nonsense that made me stop buying satellite titles. The only satellite issue that seemed to be important was the convo with Jameson issue and even that I didn’t waste time on because of the story surrounding that one issue.
    Yes, totally agree. That and the "Osborn takes over Ravencroft because he's suddenly not crazy anymore" bullshit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Yes, totally agree. That and the "Osborn takes over Ravencroft because he's suddenly not crazy anymore" bullshit.
    Yep... and then the BS reason is “Kindred attacked his brain with a centipede.” So he’s magically cured, let go and out in charge. That kind of logic is absurd. At least with Dark Reign, it was because the cameras caught him killing the Skrull leader (I forget her name - she sucked anyhow) but with Kingpin in charge as the Mayor, you would think the last person he would go near is Norman whose dual identity is very well known and who was just insane. It’s just dumb.

And yes I understand not everything needs a definitely panel to panel full on explanation. But Norman was literally insane thinking he was Cletus. And suddenly he’s alright? Here’s another good one; Scorpion had his spine shredded by Carnage and was paralyzed and showed up in the raven Croft story doing his best Mojo cosplay only to then be in Venom looking like a corpse until Knull or whatever gave him a new symbiote. aside from the mojo legs, how the hell did Mac Gargan go from seemingly okay with mechanical legs to a messed up corpse?

Yep... and then the BS reason is “Kindred attacked his brain with a centipede.” So he’s magically cured, let go and out in charge. That kind of logic is absurd. At least with Dark Reign, it was because the cameras caught him killing the Skrull leader (I forget her name - she sucked anyhow) but with Kingpin in charge as the Mayor, you would think the last person he would go near is Norman whose dual identity is very well known and who was just insane. It’s just dumb.

And yes I understand not everything needs a definitely panel to panel full on explanation. But Norman was literally insane thinking he was Cletus. And suddenly he’s alright? Here’s another good one; Scorpion had his spine shredded by Carnage and was paralyzed and showed up in the raven Croft story doing his best Mojo cosplay only to then be in Venom looking like a corpse until Knull or whatever gave him a new symbiote. aside from the mojo legs, how the hell did Mac Gargan go from seemingly okay with mechanical legs to a messed up corpse?
    Blame that on editorial. I think Marvel needs to adopt the Omniverse like DC so that it doesn't have to be explained.

Mighty Member

Nick Spencer is killing it on Spiderman.Im just a little worried that after 58 the end of a era , Spiderman will return to 1 with a new Writer

Fantastic Member

Theres a small story that for some reason only ended up as a youtube visual comic that involved Norman's actions between getting bonded with the Carnage symbiote and then confronting everyone at Maker's den where him and Harry get into a fight and Harry has his apartment rigged with anti-symbiote weapons, all the while through this the real Osborn persona leaking through the Cleatus one, and him trying to take control. Weirdly it contextualizes things a bit better rather than what we got, and I only saw this video very recently well after the event.

Norman getting Ravencroft I'm surprised wasnt hand waved with Power Elite shenanigans since he's accredited to part of the cabal of villians that restored the country following Hydra's fall.

And yeah the Gargan/Virus stuff almost felt like a jab at the Kindred arc to me. "Two years to reveal your villian's identity? We'll do ours in two issues!!!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Theres a small story that for some reason only ended up as a youtube visual comic that involved Norman's actions between getting bonded with the Carnage symbiote and then confronting everyone at Maker's den where him and Harry get into a fight and Harry has his apartment rigged with anti-symbiote weapons, all the while through this the real Osborn persona leaking through the Cleatus one, and him trying to take control. Weirdly it contextualizes things a bit better rather than what we got, and I only saw this video very recently well after the event.

Norman getting Ravencroft I'm surprised wasnt hand waved with Power Elite shenanigans since he's accredited to part of the cabal of villians that restored the country following Hydra's fall.

And yeah the Gargan/Virus stuff almost felt like a jab at the Kindred arc to me. "Two years to reveal your villian's identity? We'll do ours in two issues!!!"
    It should've been, yeah, but the explanation that Norman was being backed by a new clandestine government organization (named JANUS, after the two-faced god, no less) with leaders from S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, Leviathan, AIM, Weapon X, and even Alpha Flight and that even had Misty Knight working for them . . . that made some degree of sense. I'd have loved to see JANUS and the Power Elite dovetail with each other, especially now that Norman's been "cleansed."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Nick Spencer is killing it on Spiderman.Im just a little worried that after 58 the end of a era , Spiderman will return to 1 with a new Writer
    Guess see in a few days. Marvel solicitations for February should be out Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    It should be a new number 1 with Spencer still writing. Recent interview indicating his run continuing through 2021.

Were do you think this is heading. I don't think OMD(As much as we all want it) will be undone...just yet. But maybe Peter will acknowledge it and remember he was indeed married to MJ.

Amazing Member

I never want Spencer to leave this book. We’ve finally got someone who understands these characters and it’s been beautiful so far. Really hope Nick has a lot of stories to tell and doesn’t leave after fulfilling a dream to “write a few Spider-Man tales” as we saw in Ottley’s departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    I never want Spencer to leave this book. We’ve finally got someone who understands these characters and it’s been beautiful so far. Really hope Nick has a lot of stories to tell and doesn’t leave after fulfilling a dream to “write a few Spider-Man tales” as we saw in Ottley’s departure.
    Yeah I feel like Spencer is just a fan like all of us who has an extremely educated and well rounded understanding of the character (he has read every issue of every Spider-Man title). His vision for his run really ticks all my boxes and what he wants for the character really seems to be on the same page with me and a lot of the rest of fandom.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It should've been, yeah, but the explanation that Norman was being backed by a new clandestine government organization (named JANUS, after the two-faced god, no less) with leaders from S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, Leviathan, AIM, Weapon X, and even Alpha Flight and that even had Misty Knight working for them . . . that made some degree of sense. I'd have loved to see JANUS and the Power Elite dovetail with each other, especially now that Norman's been "cleansed."
    Huh wild, ORCHIS pulls from the same groups too, even HAMMER! but suppose they're more reserved for the X side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    I like Ottleys art but Pete and MJ look wayyyyyy to much like Mark Grayson and Atom Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I like Ottleys art but Pete and MJ look wayyyyyy to much like Mark Grayson and Atom Eve.
    Kindred and Green Goblin looked great, thought. I'll miss the guy

Still, Gleason's Kindred is a worthy replacement. A bit too dreadfull, if You ask me, because I liked his more cartoonish look, but still - a great version (or do You call it a rendition?)
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 11-16-2020 at 05:21 AM.