Super Moderator

Default The 50 Greatest Spider-Man Stories Ever Told

CSBG presents a collection of the greatest Spider-Man stories ever told, just in time for Spidey's latest film!

Full article here.

Very solid list. Without quibbling over placement (much as I love KLH, I just can't put it at #1---though those sweet Mike Zeck covers make it very tempting to do so), I just have say there is no way in the world "Maximum Carnage" belongs on a Top 50 list. Hell, it probably doesn't belong on a Top 100 list…..there are dozens of worthier tales I would put ahead of that one. Having said that, only that story and the ASM #100-102 arc struck me as unworthy of this list---with ASM #100-102 being a good solid tale but just not quite Top 50 story material.

Lastly, and it might be too soon to truly judge, but I would be tempted to put the entire Superior saga on this list. And, if not, the entire arc (ASM #698-SSM #31), then certainly SSM #9-10 and perhaps even ASM #698-700. But, as I said, it may be a wee bit too soon; might be better to see how we feel in a little more time as that tale finds it's own place in history.

Read Return of the Sinister Six recently to answer a trivia question, amazing new ability
    "The Commuter Commeth" is a great standalone, and nice choice to put on this list, but it's also part of a Spider-Man event not quite discussed as an event; "Bad Luck Spidey"
    Great choices, and it is nice to see some Brand New Day and Big Time stories listed, even Ultimate Spider-Man arcs