All-New Member

Default Cyborg - Rogues Gallery

Hi. I have recently been interested in the underutilized/underrated characters of DC's hero roster. In this case, I wanted to ask for anyone's idea on who should be the character's rogues gallery. Like including specific personal enemies from comics, video games, TV series (animated or live-action), in which they are the protagonist of main character. If possible, please include a picture of said members in the hero's rogues gallery, brief history, powers/abilities/skills/weaknesses, history with the hero (if they were an enemy in one of the listed forms of media or if you think they would make an interesting enemy), and most recent picture. In this case, we are doing the rogues gallery for:

Victor Stone/Cyborg

Astonishing Member

Cyborg doesn't really have much of a rogue gallery in comics. There are a few characters I think could work for him:

Ultra Humanite- He and Cyborg represent different versions of transhumanism. Cyborg is the modern version, replacing flesh with cybernetics, Ultra Humanite is the old version: transferring your consciousness to a new body.

Grail- Writers don't do anything with Cyborg's Mother Box beside have him act as a team bus and I don't buy Grail as a Wonder Woman villain. Also, someone as serious as Grail might be more entertaining pitted against a fun version of Cyborg.

Dr. Cyber- Master of magic and technology, DC hasn't done anything with her or WW villains who aren't Cheetah, Circe, Greek Gods and to a lesser extent Giganta.

Brother Blood- He started out as Cyborg's antagonist in NTT but writers shifted him over to Raven.

Harvest- I always felt this guy was a good idea with terrible execution. He worked fine as a mad scientist who liked experimenting on metahuman teens, not some time traveling warlord from the future. Dude could be the DC equivalent of Mr. Sinister if handled correctly.

Fearsome Five- Give them defined personalities like the cartoons and possibly expand their roster. Some fans see Jinx as having potential to be a 'Catwoman like' character for Cyborg.

I would love to see Jinx portrayed as Vic’s sometime love interest but also villain. Basically his Catwoman.

Even though the last Cyborg series wasn't very good, I really liked the idea of using Kilg%re from JLI as a foe for Vic.

A few ideas:

Ultralak - An evil emperor from the Nightshine dimension who become obsess with stealing Cyborg's tech after Cyborgs travels between dimensions.

Red X - Mysterious thief who is hired by Ultralak to steal from Cyborg and is also hired by villains/criminals to steal from heroes

Mammoth - Aggressive jock Shawn Dawson Jr. comes from a backwards city who uses a drug to make himself stronger, faster, more aggressive etc. One day his team is fighting Cyborg's old football team when the drug goes overboard and Mammoth (which is a nickname for him for his tough pre-mutated nature) mutates into a primitive creature who almost kills the the other team until Cyborg steps in, who was watching the game after coming home from a mission, and takes him down in a tough battle. I was going for Progressive vs Primitive foil with Mammoth being a caveman like creature from a racist "hick" town fighting Cyborg a black hero using technology.

Shimmer - A young metahuman named Katy Osterman who is transferred from science lab to science lab so scientists can try to understand her powers of matter manipulation but she doesn't really care about understanding and now just wants to steal and hurt people but Cyborg tries to talk her down into a life of not hurting people.

Gizmo - A genius who tries to prove he is smarter then some "robot jock"

Astonishing Member

I think the key to a strong solo mythos, especially at DC, is developing a consistent and largely original rogues gallery. And in Vic's case I'd include villains from the Titans that Vic has a particularly personal stake in as well. So:

Grid- a rogue machine god that began as an information-gathering and protective software within Vic's computerized consciousness. Hoping to achieve emotions and a kind of transcendental existence, it broke free from Vic and has become a raw force of nature in the Digitalverse, a collective mindscape of lost civilizations that have undergone a singularity. The Digitalverse underpins most advanced computer tech in the physical universe, making it one of the most important cosmic institutions. Grid destroys anything at a whim and has spread its tentacles across most computer systems in the known universe.

Anomaly- created by STAR Labs, the Omniscient Transformational Advanced Cell (OTAC) is a sentient cell made in the form of Vic's mom, Elinore. Originally designed to find a cure to various diseases, including Elinore's cancer, Anomaly was sold on the black market and ended up in the hands of cultists who infused the cell with dark magics and alchemy. Anomaly is a demonic enemy who's formed a terrorist group, one that brutally mashes together biotech and evil sorcery to exact revenge on Vic's father and end the emerging age of robotics/AI.

Technosapiens- the self-proclaimed children of the Technis, ancient computer gods speculated to have created the Digitalverse, the TS are considered a glitch in the system. They're a highly stratified alien society where the lowest are mere hordes of destruction that assimilate entire digital dimensions, and the highest are eldritch vampires that parasitically absorb untold amounts of data. They look for the means to ressurect their progenitors in both the Digitalverse and the physical world, with Vic's tech having a role to play.

Ultralak- an oppressive emperor of the Nightshine, one of the great districts of the Digitalverse. The Nightshine is a land that consolidates sounds and frequencies at a multiversal level, where music and dance can warp the digital scape. Ultralak seeks to turn the Nightshine itself into the catalyst for the "silencing of all things", to commit localized multiversal suicide via song. With his army of supporters, the mad king develops exotic sonic technology to expand his domain and destabilize the structure of reality. The legends of the Nightshine's griots speak of a cybernetic warrior that will one day liberate its people and replace Ultralak...

H.I.V.E- the world's preeminent evil science cell. HIVE, like Vic's main backers at STAR Labs, is shady and very interested in tech development. Led by Queen Bee of Bialya, the organization is governed by a fear of metahumans, viewing them and the rise of tech (both alien and human) as heralds of the end times. Thus, they sponsor metahuman armies, create doomsday weapons, and control the black market to make sure when civilization falls they're the ones left standing.

Mantis- an exiled member of the Bug race of New Genesis, Mantis struck out against the New Gods of Supertown after discovering their role in the systemic persecution of his people. He becomes one of Darkseid's greatest generals (as in the pre-New 52) before eventually becoming an intergalactic warlord seeking to find a new home for the Bugs, who fear him.

Grayven- Darkseid's bastard by a Technosapien queen, Grayven is the the third side of war. Where Orion represents noble conflict and Kalibak embodies mindless bloodshed, Grayven is the exploiter, a war profiteer. Gone are the days where he mounts invasions, he's all about war through wealth. Grayven runs thousands of Intergang networks throughout the universe, smuggling weapons, slaves, and more. He wants to expand his empire into Earth and has illicit partnerships with various criminal organizations and national governments to do so.

I'd bring in Dr. Ivo and Amazo as a fun guest threat. I originally wanted to parallel Vic's daddy issues but that would require Amazo to gain sentience.

Astonishing Member

Some more ideas/revamps:

Fyre Wyre- a cybernetic mercenary hive-mind that has access to Quantum Weaponry. Their blades can distort personal time and space, which they use in combat together to devastating effect. Every individual Fyre Wyre thinks they're the real leader of the collective though the actual puppet master exists in some alien dimension. Fyre Wyre often finds themselves in the employ of Grid, Anomaly, HIVE, and others.

Gizmo- cyberterrorist, weapons manufacturer, and information broker, Gizmo is one of the smartest men in the criminal underworld. Selling out his expansive skills to the highest bidder, he's frequently come into conflict with Vic as he tries to learn the secrets of Cyborg's tech so he can commodify it for his own purposes. Gizmo contracts himself to HIVE, Grid and various rulers of the Digitalverse looking to expand their influence on Earth.

H8-Bit- another major player in the Digitalverse, H8-Bit (Keiji Otari) is a human who transferred his consciousness into the digital mindscape and forged his own district using the schematics of a video game he and Vic developed in school. Perilandria is a land of war, where warriors and computer gods can participate in tournaments, rogue machine intelligences ravage cities, and strength is the only value. Hb-Bit is always on the hunt for new beings to enter in his tournaments, whether they be individuals or entire planets absorbed into his cyber-realm.

Jinx- an Indo-Chinese sorceress and metahuman with the natural ability to cause improbabilities and chaos. Jinx, like Gizmo, is still a member of the Fearsome Five but often takes on jobs by herself, having a lucrative side career as a mystic bounty hunter. She tends to fight condemned souls and demons while occasionally working for the US gov't through STAR Labs' rival organization SHADE, which specializes in occult research. She crosses paths with Vic when on jobs and the two have a Bat-Cat dynamic.

Ratattack- mutated by the previous Anomaly into a techno-organic rat mecha, Rizzo's criminal empire in Detroit crumbled away. The Lord of Rats now lives in an expansive underground bunker the size of small nation, populated by hundreds of thousands of rat-like beings just like him. A self-replicating bio-machine, he can create various diseases and plagues to wreak havoc on his enemies. Ratattack conspires to destroy the surface world and has an unrequited love for Anomaly, one that leads him to frequently collaborate with her.

His villains shouldn't be just "evil tech robots".

I wonder if people have read Teen Titans Spotlight #13:

He goes up against Two-Face and is one of, if not the best Cyborg story.

I posted this in the Cyborg thread a while back

Red Lion
    Plasmus
    Ron Evers
    Toyman
    Rampage
    Grid
    Fearsome 5 (Mammoth, Shimmer, Nano, Magenta, Calculator [Leader])
    Mr. Orr and the Phantom Limbs (they need a retooling though)
    Equus (works with Orr as well)
    Grayven (Darkseids son)
    Server Aja (Crazy stalker think Cupid but for Cyborg)
    The Key
    Intergang
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Glad to see Mr. Orr and the Phantom Limbs acknowledged. I always loved the concept of those characters. I'd make up a new roster of characters for it I think.

I loved Preiststroke and would love to see more Red Lion also.

H.I.V.E Queen - Just like her father/creator Brainiac, the H.I.V.E Queen sees Cyborg as the pinnacle of scientific achievement. She has a weird obsession for Victor because of his divine cybernetics and wants to dreams of achieving cyber-ascension.

Grid - Grid is a rogue artificial intelligence created by Cyborg (set free from Cyborg's memory subsystems), desiring to evolve earth past humanity. He is also on a personal quest to learn human emotions and sensations.

Ultralak - a ruling emperor of the Land of the Night Shine. The Nightshine dimension is one of many realms/worlds in the digitalverse.

The Evil Dragon (from the TT Go! special) - A long time ago, Lodramian controlled the world, and almost nobody challenged him. Until he was overthrown by a tetrad of warriors, he vows to rule the Nightshine dimension again.

Gizmo - Mikron O'Jeneus is one of the best and prolific engineers, inventors and hackers. He can make almost anything as a gadget.

Mammoth and Shimmer - Baran and Selinda Flinders are a Metahuman duo who never have a life of luxury as their enemy, Cyborg, and have to live in the streets and doing dirty jobs for food and shelter. The siblings undergo an illegal experiment which mutated Baran into a mutated beast and the experiment activated Shimmer's dormant metagene. Baran serves as Cyborg's physical rival and opposite where Vic represents cybernetic evolution while Baran is an evolutionary throwback with traits which have disappeared generations before.

Jinx - Parveena Patel is a homo magi and an agent of chaos. She has been a villain for a long time due to her association with the Fearsome Five but then recently started to have a heart due to a botched mission where a young civilian was severely hurt and she healed him through magic. Victor believes there is good in her despite her powers being bad luck in nature. She serves as the '' Catwoman'' to Cyborg's 'Batman'.

Harvest - A cold, calculating and ruthless scientist. Harvest is the direct opposite of Silas Stone, while Silas uses his technology to help a better future, Harvest wants to use his science to control. He kidnaps and experiments on teenagers to create a metahuman army and he also arranges deals with other clients by selling metahuman to do criminal activities.

New Gods Villians:
    - Desadd
    - Mokkarri and Simian
    - Grayven
    - Grail

Other villains:
    - Magic based villains such as Felix Faust and Morgan Le Fay who view Cyborg as someone who would make magic in the universe obsolete because science and technology are evolving so the magical community sees him as a threat.
    - Killg%re: Cyborg vs. Machine
    - H-8 Bit: Awesome addition to Cyborg's mythos. I would like to see both Cybirg and Shazam fighting H-8 Bit in the Gamelands.
    - Anomaly: It would be cool that instead of being a cybernetic version of his father it would be his mother.
    - Machine Queen: Cyborg vs. an avatar of metal and technology
    - Technosapiens: Cool addition to Cyborg's mythos.
    - Mr. Orr and the Phantom Limbs
    - T. O. Morrow: I would not mind if he remains an ally or went back to his villainous roots.
    - Cyborgirl: She is the sister of Sarah Charales. I could see her being a sometimes ally. She should be a government controlled operative where she is assigned for covert ops mission and Cyborg realizes that he could have been lile Cyborgirl had he not been a hero.
    - Music Meister: He could be a denizen of the Nightshine dimension or a fifth dimensionsl imp from the Supergirl TV show. He is attracted to music so he serves as Cyborg's Mister Myzyplytk.
    - Roni Evers (Uplink): Roni is one of Victor's oldest friends. The two grew up together in Metropolips, and became best friends at school. Roni's parents died in an explosion caused by Morgan Edge she uses advanced cybernetics to lead an underground team of cyber-terrorists to stop corporations even using lethal force to accomplish their goals.
    - Ultra Humanite: Cybernetic evolution vs. Mind transference.
    - Shrapnel
    - The Thinker
    - Fyre Wyre
    - Toyman
    - Amunet Black
    - Goldface
    - The Calculator
    - Nano
    - Server Aja
    - Bruno Mannheim and Intergang
    - Morgan Edge
    - Whisper A'Daire
    - Doctor Polaris
    - Magenta
    - Cinderblock
    - Overload
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-16-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just a few more I thought of randomly:
    Mr. Orr and the Phantom Limbs- ever since Vic's transformation into a cyborg and subsequent hero career, a government black ops group has been recovering the techno-organic material he's left behind from his various battles. Hoping to develop countermeasures against Cyborg based on Vic's own tech, the mercenary general Mr. Orr has been overseeing a project to graft Vic's material onto willing soldiers who've lost limbs and other body parts. This specialized battalion of 500, led by Vic's former best friend Ron Evers, has been dispatched to several warzones across Earth and the Digital Universe, awaiting the day they'll need to put Cyborg down.

Mokkari and Simyan- a pair of rogue Apokoliptans that have created a roaming moon-sized space station called the Evil Factory. This bioweapon-manufacturing machine is used by its owners to make massive armies for use in various galactic wars, from the Vega System to Thanagar. Mokkari and Simyan curate all manner of super soldier and war beasts for their operations, which has made them valued weapons developers for many cosmic conquerors. They hope to claim Vic's cybernetic body to create a new generation of Parademons for a mysterious buyer.

Tekbreakers- this is a holy order of beings from the Digital Universe, worshippers of some lost computer god that are devoted to balance between the cyberscapes by any means necessary. Respected and feared by all, but not above reproach. They'd delete entire portions of the digital world and blow up physical planets if it meant ensuring the Digital Universe didn't expand too quickly or certain regions don't decay. Vic is seen as an aberration in this multiversal digital ecosystem, who's bias towards mankind and conflicts with rulers of the Nightshine and Perilandria have made him an enemy.

Red Lion- Africa is positioned to be the next frontier of humanity's digital age, not only because of a ballooning population that will undoubtedly be big consumers of emerging computer technologies, but due to its massive reserves of exotic metals needed to make the tech of the future. Red Lion is keenly aware of the role his country's resources will play, and as a warlord seeking to subvert the international system, he's exploiting his underworld connections and relationships with other rogue nations to build Burendia's influence. Through inhumane experiments with the radiation of metals like promethium, he's rapidly using Burendia's growing military/economic power to challenge major nations, raid STAR Labs facilities, and expand his country's borders.

All-New Member

Okay. Thanks, guys!! It's a great list. I also have a few. First, from the animated Teen Titans series - Atlas and Spike (both are video game characters brought to life the former being Cyborg's main adversary while the latter is his mistreated handler), Krall (a warrior from the ep Cyborg was sent back to the past who turned out to be evil), The Witch (Krall's "ally"). And this one is actually a Wonder Woman villain but she's now somewhat seen as an enemy to Cyborg: Cybogirl.