View Poll Results: Are you currently enjoying Action Comics or Superman more?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action Comics

    4 18.18%
  • Superman

    11 50.00%
  • Enjoying both equally

    7 31.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Neither. Iím only continuing collecting because my comic ocd doesnít handle holes in runs very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, the dilemma of being fans. It's bad, but I'm a fan, so i buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, on an unrelated note, I can hardly wait until January.
    This! Very much and sadly, this. I truly can not wait for Future State and what comes after Bendis is gone!

  2. #17
    Fantastic Member magha_regulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    458

    Default

    I'd probably like Action more if the art was more appealing to me.

  3. #18
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I'd probably like Action more if the art was more appealing to me.
    Burn , same here.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    383

    Default

    I dropped Action early on in Bendis' run, but have been picking up the current SuperFamily thing from about 1021..but hate Romita's art..Superman is better, not least because of Ivan Reis' art..what a contrast..

    Jon

  5. #20
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Some really excellent, grade-A writing is required to elevate any book scribbled out by JRJr, and while I am enjoying what Bendis is doing on Action Comics, it ain't quite grade-A.

    Conversely, Reis' art on Superman is gorgeous every month, but the stories leave me a bit cold more often than not.

    So the two books balance each other out to "Enjoying both equally".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,259

    Default

    Superman has been the stronger of the two books since Truth, and I'm loving Reis on art.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    "Enjoy" is a strong word but I've thought Action was better from the start.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    4,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman has been the stronger of the two books since Truth, and I'm loving Reis on art.
    Yeah, that's where they swapped for me as well. Going into Event Leviathan, Action was the better book.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, that's where they swapped for me as well. Going into Event Leviathan, Action was the better book.
    I’d probably still enjoy Action if Romita Jr. wasn’t like pouring bleach in my eyes. Why the hell does this guy keep ending up on Superman? Go put him on Batman, he’s the street level guy!

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I hate to say this because 20 years ago I liked his work, but JRJR just ainít doing it for me in Action.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    4,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d probably still enjoy Action if Romita Jr. wasn’t like pouring bleach in my eyes. Why the hell does this guy keep ending up on Superman? Go put him on Batman, he’s the street level guy!
    Some issues are better than others, but I too long for the halcyon days of Gleason, Paquette, Sook and Epting.

    This most recent issue is not one of those that are better than others, sorry to say. I'm sure JRJR is a nice dude but he's yet to deliver a Superman product I enjoy. He's turned in good work at Marvel but his time at DC has not been good for the books I've been reading.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-24-2020 at 11:39 PM.

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Some issues are better than others, but I too long for the halcyon days of Gleason, Paquette, Sook and Epting.

    This most recent issue is not one of those that are better than others, sorry to say. I'm sure JRJR is a nice dude but he's yet to deliver a Superman product I enjoy. He's turned in good work at Marvel but his time at DC has not been good for the books I've been reading.
    I liked the scenes with Lois and Chase at the start, and I liked Romita’s rendition of the PZ but that was it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •