Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Now that Johnny Depp is disgraced, I can sleep contently knowing that Amber Herd will resume her role as Mera in Aquaman 2.
    Really? Wanna bet on Amber Heard's resuming her role as Mera in Aquaman 2? You can hold your breath until the verdict is out.

Petition To Remove Amber Heard From ‘Aquaman 2’ Attracts More Than 1.5 Million Signatures

Aquaman 2 Petition To Remove Amber Heard Tops 1.5 Million Signatures

ok, and when was the last time online petitions worked? There's currently a petition for LeVar Burton to be Alex Trebek's, successor, the producers of Jeopardy so far hasn't looked at it and said "Sorry Ken Jennings, and someone get LeVar on the phone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Really? Wanna bet on Amber Heard's resuming her role as Mera in Aquaman 2? You can hold your breath until the verdict is out.

Petition To Remove Amber Heard From ‘Aquaman 2’ Attracts More Than 1.5 Million Signatures

They can try, but they won't succeed! We're growing to powerful!!!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

I don't think anything will come of the petition, firing someone who is a perceived victim of spousal abuse would be a terrible image for Warner Brothers and controversy they wouldn't want.

I've been reading a little bit more into the issue and the evidence is so convulted. There is evidence that she has a mark on her face from Johnny throwing a mobile phone at her, plus a text stating to a friend Johnny has hurt me bad, but...then there is testimony from Heard's friends stating that she has been faking her injuries, and the audio footage that has arisen of her admitting to slapping and verbally abusing him.

At any rate Johnny's done, he's 20 years older than her and behaving like a spaced out drug addict. If I had a boyfriend who started writing messages in blood on a mirror, I'd be hopping on the amtrack across the country, and never coming back.

Thing is Johnny is still trying to prove himself completely innocent of any allegations and he's never admitted even the remotest wrongdoing in the relationship. Its classic denial. There is such a thing as just walking away from an abusive relationship instead of writing things in blood on bathroom mirrors and such. If you abuse them back instead, then you lose the moral high ground.

Again, as others have said, it doesn't excuse Amber Heard. But her actions also don't somehow justify Depp's actions or make them go away.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-03-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thing is Johnny is still trying to prove himself completely innocent of any allegations and he's never admitted even the remotest wrongdoing in the relationship. Its classic denial. There is such a thing as just walking away from an abusive relationship instead of writing things in blood on bathroom mirrors and such. If you abuse them back instead, then you lose the moral high ground.

Again, as others have said, it doesn't excuse Amber Heard. But her actions also don't somehow justify Depp's actions or make them go away.
    Agreed. The thing I can't get over personally is the age difference. He's 57 years old, and appears to be totally engulfed in drug and alcohol abuse! As a young women probably initially infatuated with his mystique, it must have been like running into a living nightmare.

I've been trying to look at this rationally, based on the evidence, and despite the counter evidence coming out against Heard, it doesn't excuse Johnny Depp's actions in my eyes.

Guilty or not, he needs to get sober and clean up his act, at the end of the day his actions led to the allegations, and he has to take responsibility for that. I've lost my respect for him.

Extraordinary Member

It's weird that Depp's former gfs have never accused him of any abuse. Winona Ryder says she can't believe Heard's accusations. So what? He just became a wife beater at 60? Heard admits to hitting him we know what she did. What did Depp actually do? Just to lose jobs based on accusations but Heard should get off scott-free? It doesn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

That is a huge number, and can be multiplied by all those who signed the petition and influence the minds of those close to them to boycott the film if she stays. I'd be hugely surprised that the role is still hers when shooting the sequel begins. Taylor Cole for the replacement... ( she's a brunette but the role requires a wig so no biggie)

WB is making both Aquaman 2 and FB3...they've already made their choice. If they believed Depp they would have fired Heard already, but they did the opposite.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut