Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    British courts tend to side with the women in divorce cases.

So much so that they throw out pre-nups. So, it’s not entirely surprising that they are siding with Amber Heard.

That being said, I don’t really have any sympathy for Depp. Yes, he was abused but it seems that both he and Amber Heard were acting like brutes. In addition, Depp got his full salary for the movie, so he’s alright.
    What? So what's the point?
    "Cable was right!"

Looking forward to the all-new Margo Robbie led Pirates of the Caribbean movies with even more exceptional girl-power!
    Can.
    Not.
    Wait!

Now that's a good casting decision.

It almost makes me willing to go through the torture that it most likely going to be the next piece of masterwork written by Rowling.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 11-26-2020 at 01:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Now that's a good casting decision.

It almost makes me willing to go through the torture that it most likely going to be the next piece of masterwork written by Rowling.
    If Rowling writes a masterwork, it will get bad reviews and get torn apart because of her comments on transgenders. The movie business is very mad at Rowling, she may just discover just how mad they are when part 3 is out. Her 4th Cormoran strike series that was usually acclaimed was slammed by critics not because they thought the book was bad but because they were mad about her ''transphobic'' comments. It will be up to HP fans and the general fantasy fans to support Fantastic beast 3. Things should not be this way but they are.

Critics are indeed going to pan whatever she does just cause that's the cool thing to do right now.

You can be damn sure that most of them don't give a single fck about trans but hey, you don't want to be on the wrong side of the angry mob now don't you?

Not good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If Rowling writes a masterwork, it will get bad reviews and get torn apart because of her comments on transgenders. The movie business is very mad at Rowling, she may just discover just how mad they are when part 3 is out. Her 4th Cormoran strike series that was usually acclaimed was slammed by critics not because they thought the book was bad but because they were mad about her ''transphobic'' comments. It will be up to HP fans and the general fantasy fans to support Fantastic beast 3. Things should not be this way but they are.
    Funny, I was getting the impression that Rowling's standing in the business and from critics wasn't being affected much by the controversy.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Critics are indeed going to pan whatever she does just cause that's the cool thing to do right now.

You can be damn sure that most of them don't give a single fck about trans but hey, you don't want to be on the wrong side of the angry mob now don't you?

Not good for business.
    You're right, it is generally bad for business to be anti-human rights.

BANNED

It is not the movie business, that is mad at Rowling. Sorry but saying stuff like she did backlash was to be excepted and rightly so. You can say something, but don't be surprised if others do not like it. And as far as I know her books still sell and the movies too. So it is not like she is boycotted or something.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You're right, it is generally bad for business to be anti-human rights.
    Lol, oh she's anti-human rights now?

Next time you're going to tell me that she eats puppies for breakfast.

You're appealing to ridicule.

Regardless of her intention, her actions are harmful to a group of people who very well face human rights issues. And again, regardless of her intention, she remains willfully ignorant on the subject by doubling down rather than trying to engage in any meaningful way with anything contrary to her opinion (ignorance can be rectified through discussion and education, willful ignorance is another matter).

BANNED

Rowling said people including transgenders should live and let live. that is pro human rights. However she as a woman believed in the science of XX and XY.

That is not anti- human rights

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    It is not the movie business, that is mad at Rowling. Sorry but saying stuff like she did backlash was to be excepted and rightly so. You can say something, but don't be surprised if others do not like it. And as far as I know her books still sell and the movies too. So it is not like she is boycotted or something.
    Rowling got backlash from the Twitter squad and the more left wing leaning groups. Considering there are far more moderate and centrist people, the backlash was overblown.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-27-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? So what's the point?
    To the British courts? I'm honestly not sure.

I guess one must have a very fantastic, defensible reason for divorce or else....
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-27-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Rowling said people including transgenders should live and let live. that is pro human rights.

However she as a woman believed in the science of XX and XY.

That is not anti- human rights
    Human rights extend far beyond "live and let live." That is a particularly shallow understanding of human rights.

Further, it is not the stance of the trans community that XX and XY chromosomes don't exist, so Rowling was arguing a straw man position (IE: the misinformation Rowling is spreading).
    Rowling got backlash from the Twitter squad and the more left wing leaning groups. Considering there are far more moderate and centrist people, the backlash was overblown.
    She also received criticism from the cast of her own films (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint)...

...and Rowling's actions were certainly worthy of criticism, as it needed to be explained why her statements were harmful to a marginalized community. The backlash isn't going to harm Rowling herself in the long run. She will be fine. The importance of the backlash and criticism is to debunk any of the misinformation being spread by Rowling to avoid further harm to a group that is already heavily attacked in society.

Rowling's statements are not the worst about the trans community by far, but because of her massive influence, such claims need to be addressed.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Funny, I was getting the impression that Rowling's standing in the business and from critics wasn't being affected much by the controversy.
    It seems like a sad attempt of apologists to retroactively blame the disappointing performance of FB on something other than the poor quality of the product itself. FB was doomed as soon as it proved to be crap, regardless of any outside influences.