Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is just simping at this point. I don't want to hear any complaints when I spread my Rachel Summers propaganda.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    First one that comes to my mind is The Maker. Aside from his role in Secret Wars, he’s never been written as dangerous as he should. He should be as big Doom.
    The thing with The Maker is that as much as I love him (see my username ), his characterization and "OP-ness" varies WAY TOO MUCH from writer to writer..
    On a specific run you will get a serious, pragmatic and effective individual that may as well be "more Doom than Doom" (Hickman), but on another run you will get a generic crazy-scientist (Fialkov and/or Ewing)

The difference between both characterizations is quite jarring imo, but still..
    For me, The Maker (both concept and character itself) is extremely compelling with LOTS of potential (Cotes is making a extremely good use of him in his Venom run !)

That being said, I find kind of depressing that The City, and The Children of Tomorrow are barely referenced (if any) nowadays, considering they were extremely connected to The Maker's rise (however, they were STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED ! Like.. WHY?)