Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Secret Files: Miracle Molly #1 Preview

Batman: Secret Files: Miracle Molly #1 Preview
    Writer: James Tynion IV
    Artist: Dani

I wonder if she'd get along with Anarky.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she'd get along with Anarky.
    I hope she would, and meet the same fate...although I'd be okay with Anarky coming back.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

the art on that looks fantastic, like a cross between frank miller and bill sinkiewicz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    the art on that looks fantastic, like a cross between frank miller and bill sinkiewicz.
    Dani will also be doing the art for the new Arkham City: The Order of the World series.

It’s a shame that DC has decided to demote the hell out of Cyborg because I would love to see him and Miracle Molly meet.

Could still happen. Bruce actually mentions Vic in Batman this week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I found this issue surprisingly powerful - Mary/Molly's choices were tragic no matter what, and I felt really bad for her and the family she left.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I thought the art was awful. The story was not bad, though they really beat home her unsatisfaction with her life over and over.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I liked the art and the start of the story (bored regular person) but the catalyst for change was weak, her seeing "Molly" is hackneyed and the half-assed "how" of her becoming unleashed potential/powered villain wrap up was really weak.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I would've liked to have seen Mary before she started listening to The Unsanity Collective, felt like she was becoming more and more withdrawn the longer she spent listening to them. I've seen comparisons between Mary and Selina Kyle in Batman Returns, glad to see I wasn't the only one who saw that.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s a shame that DC has decided to demote the hell out of Cyborg because I would love to see him and Miracle Molly meet.
    I thought the same while reading this, she'd make an interesting villain for Cyborg.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8