Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think it was a Perez trade from the library. First time I saw WW was in the DCAU JL. Wasn’t as interested in her as Batman and Superman but I thought the cover of the trade looked cool so I checked it out and read it.

Incredible Member

I've seen Wonder Woman in several media, but the first story I read was The Legend of Wonder Woman hard copy collection.

Incredible Member

My first WW comic included a guest appearance by the JSA!

WW 232.jpg

From watching the Lynda Carter show, the first Wonder Woman comic I actually got my dad to buy me from the local newsagents was Vol 2, #65 which is a wildly weird entrypoint as its actually one big dream sequence dreamed by Vanessa and manipulated by Doctor Psycho. The Diana we get is one seen kind of through Vanessa's eyes, and she's in this almost cartoon-like battle with Cheetah. As a kid I obviously glossed over all the dark Psycho stuff and just enjoyed the Wonder Woman vs Cheetah battle. It wasn't until I was a lot older that I read it in context and with more understanding, but it has a soft spot in my heart for sure. I had to get a newer copy of it recently to replace the original, as my little self had clearly read it to death growing up and it was falling apart!

Wonder_Woman_v.2_65.jpg

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Perez’s WW 19, with Cersi.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My first one was probably the Heinberg/Dodson #1 for OYL, since that was around the time I was first following current comics. The gorgeous Dodson art certainly must have made an impression on me because it made me love Diana and her villains and want to see more of all of them. Story obviously isn't very good in hindsight but I credit it for making me want to see more of her rogues gallery beyond Cheetah (who was still instantly my favorite and I knew through pop culture osmosis that she was either the arch or a top contender).

The first story I read was Wonder Woman #1 by Brian Azzarello, the kino man himself. I actually read it months after the New 52 started too because I didn't like Wonder Woman from the Justice League tv show.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

“The Legend of Wonder Woman” #3
    The 1986 mini-series by Kurt Busiek and Trina Robbins right before the George Perez reboot.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Everyone starts in different eras.

Just wondering what was the first solo WW story you read.

My first was from the Diana Prince era. It was a two parter that also had Catwoman and two sword and sorcery characters and I Ching. It involved dimension hoping. It was a good fun read.

Others?
    Same for me, except it was WONDER WOMAN 202, which was the second part of that two-part story--it would be many years before I got the issue before it and the full story. Much to my chagrin. I read about Wonder Woman in other comics first (like JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS). I came in pretty late for the mod Diana Prince, even though that turned out to be one of my favourite iterations of the character.

I was a little late to the party, but Straczynski and Hester with the Odyssey TPBs got me in the door, then I started picking up the floppies semi-religiously mid New 52 on.

New 52 Wonder Woman. I started really collecting comics just when the New 52 was kicking off. Or shortly after it had

Wonder Woman- The Mission by Greg Rucka.

Issue 195 of her second solo.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

I was introduced to Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) in Teen Titans before reading both the MOD Diana Prince and Earth 2 Wonder Woman in my first issue of JLA -- which was number 100.

Actually, I was aware of Diana Prince a bit earlier -- seeing her on the cover of Brave & the Bold teaming with Batman -- but didn't actually read that issue (it was packed in with 3 other comics on the spinner rack).

The first solo WW issue I purchased was Wonder Woman 207 (vol. 1) which had Wonder Woman and her mother tied together on the cover. This was the short era just before the 12 trials where the book was not acknowledging the mod era. I later learned that this was a retelling of a Golden Age story -- though since Hippolyta had blonde hair -- it was supposedly a modern story. I liked the story well enough -- a bunch of female prisoners take over the island with some magic keys and force Diana to perform several labors. The cover was very eye-catching as most DC covers were in the early 1970s.

Wonder Woman #323 (1985)
    I was also introduced to WONDER ETTA for the first time! and CAPTAIN WONDER! Back when long road trips with the family meant checking the spinner racks at gas stations at every stop.

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-26-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Def around the 12 Labours storyline in the 70s. I don't remember where i jumped in, as I was pretty little in the early 70s, but i have very strong memories of the Green Arrow guest star ish and the Batman ish, and then everything after thst, all the way to today...lol